• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The KF Community Beta

Just played some solo map as Support test Dual-HC with players set to 6 (to raise zed hp).

I'll tell you what - Dual-HC is ultimate trash killer in the Support's hands. Single body shot kills Crawler or Stalker, stuns Clot and Gorefasts. 2 body shots kill the Clot, so no need to worry about aiming to the head. After sunning Gorefast you can see where the bullet went and correct the aiming. Need a little practice to get used to it, but after 2 maps played I was able to make second shot precisely to the Gorefast's head without a problem. Sirens can be killed without a problem too, if you need to take them from a longer distance.
Just don't spam Dual-HC shots like insane - in "Oh Sh*t" situations just take out your hunty, clear zeds close to your, [maybe throw a nade to win some time for reloading] and continue to shoot with Dual-HC.
Comparing to Sharpshooter, when you usually use different perk weapon as primary, and take out dualies only in "Oh Sh*t" situations. In such condition you need to react fast, so usually spam shots, which leads to dramatically low precision. Add here no damage bonus for body shots. When using Dual-HC as support you usually have more time to aim, so, as strange as it wouldn't sound, Support with Dual-HC can do more precise shots than it a Sharpshooter.

When soloing I died mostly on wave 6 because of Scrakes. With having Dual-HC in the inventory I had no place for Katana or Axe. I think maybe I should trade pump shotgun for an Axe - I was using mostly dualies and HSg. But anyway - it's not a big deal, because Scrake should be taken out by other perks and Katana trick should be removed.

What I don't like in Support using Dual-HC is an effective shooting distance. With Dual-HC you can kill zeds from much longer distance than with shotguns. And that makes Support overpowered imo. If you plan to leave Dual-HC to Support perk, then it's weight should increased at least to 6, so Support will be supposed to trade one of his shotguns for it, not to carry 2 shotguns + Dual-HC. And max ammo should be leaved as it is - at 96. Increasing it will outshine commando... again.

Reactions: Demon_333
Upvote 0
poosh;Dual-HC to Support perk said:
weight should increased at least to 6[/COLOR], so Support will be supposed to trade one of his shotguns for it, not to carry 2 shotguns + Dual-HC. And max ammo should be leaved as it is - at 96. Increasing it will outshine commando... again.

I agree with the weight part(a trade off is needed for long range) of the comment only. Support is a beginners class with a basic strategy. Players need a perk with a low learning curve. Commandos were balanced before the beta, now they have a much appreciated buff. Commandos would do just fine because they are the faster perk in every action by comparison. In this game speed kills. Great input Poosh:).

Reactions: Demon_333
Upvote 0
Financial Balance

Part 1. Balance spawn weapon values.
The idea is to make spawn weapons worth the same for all perks with same level. I will talk only about Level 6, but same should be done also for Level 5. "Worth the same" is not necessary meaning "receive same amount of money to selling those weapon". Because money is just an equivalent of stuff you buy, and depending of the perk you are supposed to buy different weapons with different ammo costs etc. For example, initial stuff for Medic (MP7M + Armor) costs next to nothing, but it is the all stuff he really need for doing his job: healing and blocking. Other weapons Medic could buy is a "luxury stuff" for him, so it doesn't matter that he must spend more money for it. So I think Medic initial stuff is perfectly balanced.
Same with Firebug - his flamer costs less, but in the same time it's the best weapon for the perk, so he will not be supposed to buy something expensive later. And in any case, it would be stupid for Firebug to sell his flamer for a different weapon - so it's practically doesn't matter how much you can sell it for.

Both Commando and Berserker spawns with weapons with a base price

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I've got an idea for nerfing the berserker : Unless I'm mistaken, zeds move much faster when they do not see a player, I suggest cutting this when they target a berserker, just for a try. This thing makes the game better and faster in most cases, but not with a berserker cycling the map.

The reason I'm proposing it is that I think that the speed bonus of specimen out of LoS make them pack magically together even if they have different moving speeds as the specimen at the back of the crowd (thus, more often out of LoS) will move faster and catch up to the ones at the front. Logically, if I run away from the group, I would expect few specimens to get left behind and walk into me via an alternative path, which would get me into trouble, but it just doesn't happen ... or yes it does, but rarely.

I don't know how efficient it would be, but it might be worth checking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems beta is back in 2 parts at least this forum and a conclusion forum that seems to not be the conclusion forum.

The conclusion thread is merely a analysation of the data currently available from this little project as a list of changes to potentially send to TWI.

When there are more ideas that spark interest (particularly in scary ;)) then there may well be subsequent versions :)

Upvote 0
My new list of all the stuff i'd like to see:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After playing firebug extensively the past few days (to level it, outside the beta patch), I noticed even with ammo conserving I was almost burned out every round playing on public hard servers with up to six players, playing a lvl 4 perk; and on harder difficulties, even more ZEDs spawn, leaving you with your 9mm or alternative loadouts - mine were either Katana+Pipe or Mac10 (and that one went dry along the road all too often, too) depending on situation. Burning Gorefasts instead of just tapping them is a must, so with regards to game balancing, how does increasing the flamethrower cansister size by 1 and heightening refill charge by 100% sound to you? The firebug is a cash cow right now, so he can rightfully pay for his work.

Upvote 0