• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Hardest Map

The Hardest Map

• Wyre

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Bedlam

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Offices

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Departed

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Crash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biotics Lab

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Icebreaker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Suburbia

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Mountain Pass

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Biohazard

• Manor

• Foundry

• Hospital horrors

Votes: 60 35.1%
  • Filth's Cross

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • West London

• Total voters
Funny, imo its one of the easiest maps because theres so many good places to hold out in, most of which have only 1 way for specimens to enter. But I do agree it could get confusing for someone who dont know the map that well.

Maps should not be impossible. Yes, very hard but you have to reward the good players that work out the best tactic so they get the win. A good crew with comms will beat any map. The real fun is creating a map where the PUGs can be chaotic wipefests while also allowing others to find a sweet spot and utilize it. You still have to run to a random trader so theres a variable there that could change the game. Either way when you get completely opposite views for the same map it is very satisfying.

So grats to all who find Hospital Horrors easy. But you're not that good. Pity you didn't put a fast time in for the competition and then maybe it would have been your tags on the Fleshpounding poster!

Upvote 0
Pretty sure I'm in the minority here but I don't even think HospitalHorrors is that great. It's pretty much just mindlessly hard. Some maps are challenging but fun and laid out nicely, such as Foundry or Bedlam. HospitalHorrors is just huge, drab and retardedly difficult unless you have the perfect team.

It is a PUG nightmare it has to be said :)

(PUG = Pick Up Group) ;)

Upvote 0
Just from maps that I've played, Suburbia doesn't really have any good camping spots that I've seen. A bit of lag, way too much darkness without cheating (gamma anyone?), etc.

There are 2 true camp spots (1 way in) that work well: 1 by virtue of welding the other where we discovered a team position that with fortunate pathing, and a team of mostly supports can do the job in either.

However i have really enjoy playing the bank roof, a demo's dream, with a 2 supports and a comm up with me watching either side, and a further support +1 in the top room next to us.
I dunno if it's the best position, but it works for suicidal, and it's more fun than sitting in a room shooting 1 way i find. (plus i like an escape route if needed)
Overall i don't find this map particularly difficult.

so i've just done hosphorrors, my last sui required, and i'm glad its over.
there must be more spawns on this map than others to explain the rate of monsters, the games are significantly quicker i find. or is it something else?
phaps one of the makers could provide some info.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure I'm in the minority here but I don't even think HospitalHorrors is that great.

Sadly, I feel the same.
1. It's a maze of long hallways that look pretty much the same, so it's easy to get lost.
2. Zombies spawn too close to players. In some areas you simply get overrun because Zeds swarm in at such a high rate.
But still HH realy isn't harder than any other map.
In my experience, the reason why so many teams fail at HH is because they get fooled by apparently easy to defend locations.
So many times I saw teams try to defend wide areas with multiple entrances like the main gate or the cafeteria area.
So many times I saw them fail.
Why do some people still stick to these locations ?

Upvote 0
2. Zombies spawn too close to players. In some areas you simply get overrun because Zeds swarm in at such a high rate.

On WHICH MAP zeds dont spawn too close to players? You only need to all turn around so that zeds can spawn RIGHT BEHIND YOU on any maps.

This is really stupid. Especially @ wave 11. Patty tend to spawn RIGHT NEXT to players, instan-killing several of them using rocket.

Upvote 0
On WHICH MAP zeds dont spawn too close to players? You only need to all turn around so that zeds can spawn RIGHT BEHIND YOU on any maps..

no, i think he's on to something as i've been saying - i am guessing to make your map harder you can simply adding more spawns (to ensure that whever you are, a continuous dense stream of specimens is on top of you quickly.)

Personally it's not my kind of map i have to say - same reason as the underground one and biohazard - because there is no z axis gameplay whatsoever.
with the exception of shooting down stairs it is completely 1 levelled - but i imagine it's an enjoyable and challanging berzerker map.

Upvote 0
Patty instan-kill by 5 pipes from 6lv demo on solo HoE even blow up at the same time (works 95% of the time). However, if you somehow place pipes too close to his spawn location (so he set off the pipes once he spawns), it seems all 5 bombs will only count as one.

And I found this:
http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Patriarch
So I think this table is quite close to actual suituation. At least close enough. I may try 4 pipes to see if that works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Patty instan-kill by 5 pipes from 6lv demo on solo HoE even blow up at the same time (works 95% of the time). However, if you somehow place pipes too close to his spawn location (so he set off the pipes once he spawns), it seems all 5 bombs will only count as one.

And I found this:
http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Patriarch
So I think this table is quite close to actual suituation. At least close enough. I may try 4 pipes to see if that works.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=681248&postcount=4

Already field tested, at least for the max values anyways. Also, 4 pipes in theory is enough to 1 shot a solo HoE patriarch but in practice, it can possibly go awry due to how the explosive damage is calculated. Maybe 1 time he walks directly over the pile taking full damage, or the next time he walks slightly to the left/right or the pipes are triggered slightly late and launches him forward causing him to avoid damage. It's near impossible to get pipes and frags to deal consistent damage so a pile of 4 might work 1 time, and then fail the next 20. Better to just lay out 8 to be safe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=681248&postcount=4[/URL]

Already field tested, at least for the max values anyways. Also, 4 pipes in theory is enough to 1 shot a solo HoE patriarch but in practice, it can possibly go awry due to how the explosive damage is calculated. Maybe 1 time he walks directly over the pile taking full damage, or the next time he walks slightly to the left/right or the pipes are triggered slightly late and launches him forward causing him to avoid damage. It's near impossible to get pipes and frags to deal consistent damage so a pile of 4 might work 1 time, and then fail the next 20. Better to just lay out 8 to be safe.

Only problem is patty is the only one zed that not come to players using the shortest way. Sometimes he spawns really near to a player but it takes him 3 minutes to get to him. So on some maps it is not easy to predict where he will come.

So if I fail to save up some pipes on the ground during wave 1-10 (this rarely happens), I just go LAW + 8 pipes, 4 on each side and LAW him to death:D But in most cases he instan-killed by 5+ pipes. This is a "fun" way to kill him, so I use this when I get bored or target for achievements LOL.

Upvote 0
Actually now that I've played the newer maps more, the commonly quoted hardest ones like Suburbia, Filthcross, Icebreaker, Waterworks and Hospital aren't that bad. They can be overwhelming the first few times you play them, especially hospital, but there are spots where zeds only come to you from the front (At least for the most part, very few may come from behind) in each of those maps. They are all campable.

Upvote 0
Actually now that I've played the newer maps more, the commonly quoted hardest ones like Suburbia, Filthcross, Icebreaker, Waterworks and Hospital aren't that bad. They can be overwhelming the first few times you play them, especially hospital, but there are spots where zeds only come to you from the front (At least for the most part, very few may come from behind) in each of those maps. They are all campable.

It might sound weird, but I think Wyre is actually hardest. Most of maps I have to re-try 10-20 times on HoE to finally make it (I mean on public servers, not solo). But Wyre I tried over 50 times to make it! :eek:
Even "harder" maps I can do quicker than Wyre for some reason... :confused:
And yet Hospital Horrors seems to be hardest, but maybe players got at least tactics there, awhile at Wyre there is no specific tactics... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It might sound weird, but I think Wyre is actually hardest. Most of maps I have to re-try 10-20 times on HoE to finally make it (I mean on public servers, not solo). But Wyre I tried over 50 times to make it! :eek:
Even "harder" maps I can do quicker than Wyre for some reason... :confused:
And yet Hospital Horrors seems to be hardest, but maybe players got at least tactics there, awhile at Wyre there is no specific tactics... :rolleyes:

Lol naa bro Wyre is actually one of the easier maps. Most people make it way harder than it really is by running around outside, randomly through the tunnels or by camping on the bunker. The best spot on the map is the red room with 2 weldable doors next to the underground stalker facility. Get a level 6 support as a dedicated welder to weld the back door. Not too many come from the back so he will be able to hold it. You're then free to unload on the zeds coming through the other one.

5 Supports+1 medic there=win.

Upvote 0