• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The battle you would most like to see represented in RS

My wish list

1. Edson's Ridge (Guadalcanal)
2. Tulagi village
3. Tarawa
6. Shuri Line (Okinawa)
7. The epic night Banzai charge on Saipan beach-head (largest banzai attack of war)
8. Milne Bay (Aussies vs Japanese)
9. Buna (New Guinea)
10. Pelilau airfield (light armor on both sides)
11. Gemencheh Bridge (Imperial Guard vs Brits in Malaya)
12. Seige at Imphal
13. Coconut Grove (Bougainville)
14. Manilla (late wra urban combat)
15. Masacre Bay (Aleutian is. campaign)

fantastic list, lets add bloody nose ridge on pelieliu as well. I Think the majority of this list well represents the battles most would like to see from a historical point.

Upvote 0
why not make each island a "campaign" starting with whatever form of assault was used to breach the defences ( ususaly beach landing ) then going from there to the fights to capture said island. Breaking up each battle into a decent sized maps as necessary.

Because we don't have the manpower to do so many maps of islands :p

Upvote 0
Because we don't have the manpower to do so many maps of islands :p

Well I wasn't suggesting doing all islands as campaigns, or having all campaigns ready for release. Were you to do even one campaign island I would imagine the community might make a few more after release...

( there is also scalability on how long / large you want a campaign to be, figured you would want to have one campaign ready for release)

Upvote 0
Guadalcanal - Some good jungle action.
Sulfur Island - Can't forget this map, it is a must.
British Common Wealth in Singapore - It is unique, not portrayed in any games that I know of.

Those are my top 3.

Some battles in the Philippines would be nice too.

Men of War: Assault Squad has the japanese campaign along the Soviet front, American, and has a battle in Singapore for the UK

Upvote 0
personally, both as a minor pocket historian and as a casual player, I'd love to see some more unique engagements that are often not portrayed. The Aluetians, Burma, Singapore, Manilla, Phillipine engagements (less so on the last 2, as some games portray them, but they still stand); these are all interesting and unique additions. People aren't always looking for brand names, and it often is advantagous to expand a little.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
@Timur

Agreed (notice my above submission) but these battles would involve Commonwealth forces. Perhaps they will be added as a faction further down the line (though I doubt it) but as we only have the Japanese and Americans to begin with it will be difficult to go with those ideas.

The Aluetians and Phillipines/Manilla are still possible without bringing in commonwealth forces. If the commonwealth IS brought in at some time, however, that opens up a very large number of possible engagements that would be very interesting.

Also, I know its been brought up many times before, but if the RO-vanilla Russians could be brought in theoretically, than Manchuria would be a very unique scenario!

Upvote 0
The Aluetians and Phillipines/Manilla are still possible without bringing in commonwealth forces. If the commonwealth IS brought in at some time, however, that opens up a very large number of possible engagements that would be very interesting.

Also, I know its been brought up many times before, but if the RO-vanilla Russians could be brought in theoretically, than Manchuria would be a very unique scenario!

and room for modding --> the chinese could mod in their own campaigns vs the japanese too :D

Upvote 0
and room for modding --> the chinese could mod in their own campaigns vs the japanese too :D
oh, the possibilities that are opened by having a mod team equiped with an SDK in advance...
Mods on mods have often come far, far too late, but with all these pre-release mods, many oppurtunities are opened. A Chinese faction, for example, or the Commonwealth if RS decides not to later add one. So many posibilities all around!

Upvote 0
Not to discredit the actual events and men who fought there but the sort of 'over-exposure' of the island hopping campaign in the Pacific Ocean theatre makes me more interested to see maps based on battles of the Phillipines or New Guinea campaigns, or maybe other even less known engagements.

The battle for Manila for example being one of the relatively few urban battles fought between the Japanese and US.

It's all chatter anyway, I'm just really excited about this game.

Upvote 0