• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Steam LOGIN Problems - READ ME - Updated

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
There is currently a wide spread power outage in Bellevue/Seattle impacting Steam Server availability. Unfortunately ETA for when the power will be restored is unknown as the power company will only work on restoring it once the storm has eased and the high winds have died down.

Any issues you are experiencing with connecting to Steam are only temporary, as this isn't an end-user issue.

For more on the storm and power outage - http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/12/15/northwest.storm.ap/index.html

Updated Info - All accounts should now be online. However the steam store has been taken down at this time. as of 10:04 AM EST Dec 16th.

If your account is NOT yet working, contact steam support.

PUTZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
Just off the phone with my mother, who works in Seattle, says that last night was probably the worst rain/wind storm she had ever been in. Power out everywhere...schools cancelled...power out at her work...etc, etc.

[5thW]Rehakles[TRO]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
www.5thW.org
I just wanted to have a round, and couldnt connect to steam as well. Cant they close down some other cities somewhere to have enough power for the steam-servers....:)

ripvanwinkle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 1, 2005
You'd have thought that in this day and age they'd have learned to have a dedicated backup server running in parallel somewhere other than Seattle.

It goes to show just how badly the Steam method of game distribution places control in Valve's hands and NOT the game producer.

Yes it's an easy method of game distribution and gives the producer a warm feeling, knowing that it's been paid for, but this "You must connect to the master server in order to play" is crap.

There was me thinking that the BF2 and BF2140 were bad, but this effects so many of my games it's unreal.

Tak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2006
East Coast, USA
Who would want to live in Seattle anyway >< :p

Glad I checked here, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. Thanks Yosh!

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
For those who are still logged in. Don't log out or else you're not playing RO for a long time! :D

Bone saw

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 21, 2006
J
They haven't got a dedicated backup server somewhere else? I simply can't understand this, is Seattle located in the U.S. or in some kinda third world country...damn. This is sooo freekin' unbelievable.:mad:

Tak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2006
East Coast, USA
I suspect that after this incident (though admittedly, the storm/storms are ****ing HUGE and have been for the past few days) Valve is going to hear enougha bout thier lack of alternative servers that they set some up ;)

Ruprecht

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2006
Ulm
i mean it happend just once now, just the HL2 unlock was quite bussy, i at that weekend i wouldnt have liked to be a cooler in their server. and my steam accound is a day one accound. so i think we should book that as a
"hm, ok, darn.. if you learn and copy how your countrys emergency call servers are backed up, ill forgive you".