• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam LOGIN Problems - READ ME - Updated

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    There is currently a wide spread power outage in Bellevue/Seattle impacting Steam Server availability. Unfortunately ETA for when the power will be restored is unknown as the power company will only work on restoring it once the storm has eased and the high winds have died down.

Any issues you are experiencing with connecting to Steam are only temporary, as this isn't an end-user issue.

For more on the storm and power outage - http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/12/15/northwest.storm.ap/index.html

Updated Info - All accounts should now be online. However the steam store has been taken down at this time. as of 10:04 AM EST Dec 16th.

If your account is NOT yet working, contact steam support.

You'd have thought that in this day and age they'd have learned to have a dedicated backup server running in parallel somewhere other than Seattle.

It goes to show just how badly the Steam method of game distribution places control in Valve's hands and NOT the game producer.

Yes it's an easy method of game distribution and gives the producer a warm feeling, knowing that it's been paid for, but this "You must connect to the master server in order to play" is crap.

There was me thinking that the BF2 and BF2140 were bad, but this effects so many of my games it's unreal.

Upvote 0
    i mean it happend just once now, just the HL2 unlock was quite bussy, i at that weekend i wouldnt have liked to be a cooler in their server. and my steam accound is a day one accound. so i think we should book that as a
    "hm, ok, darn.. if you learn and copy how your countrys emergency call servers are backed up, ill forgive you".

Upvote 0