• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Small ammount of players

There are definitely enough people playing for a good and consistent experience for most. However, if you NEED 5000 full servers running 24/7 to feel like the game is populated then this is the wrong game -if not genre- for you.

Also on comments like this scaring people away, I find that whenever RO2 threads gets posted on other forums it tends to quickly dissolve into a wankfest of "RO2 is COD, only kiddies play COD, don't play RO2" within 2 or 3 posts. Clearly the negativity that plagued these forums spread elsewhere.

All the whingers went to War of the Roses ;)
They did the same thing they did here and are now moving on to the next thing. Leaving a good nucleus of players like we have here.

Upvote 0
just more elitist drivel from the peanut gallery! Waaa waa waa they ignored me and im hardcore...waa waa waa

I haven't been on this board for quite a time.

Funny to see that you're still using the word ''elitist'' to put labels on people. Even more funny to see threads like this. Both have something in common: Old, outdated.

As if ''elitist'' added something to the discussion. Have you ever considered that you may be one yourself? At least I get that impression when you to often discard peoples opinions and argument with ''you're an elitist prick''.

The players is out there... and I can count them all on my fingers. The truth does not lie, even if it makes you mad, and the truth makes you mad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't been on this board for quite a time.

Funny to see that you're still using the word ''elitist'' to put labels on people. Even more funny to see threads like this. Both have something in common: Old, outdated.

As if ''elitist'' added something to the discussion. Have you ever considered that you may be one yourself? At least I get that impression when you to often discard peoples opinions and argument with ''you're an elitist prick''.

The players is out there... and I can count them all on my fingers. The truth does not lie, even if it makes you mad, and the truth makes you mad.

Hm first post in months, and its about how the game is dead and why you should abandon it. Yup sounds like Cyper alright.

And I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings but considering what you've posted here in the past, you are in fact the definition of an elitist; at least when it comes to WW2 themed FPS. And guess what, most of you opinions consists of how other people who don't share your views are undeserving or some how inferior and shouldn't be listened to

Also if you have enough fingers to count to ~1000 then I think you should be seeing a doctor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just more elitist drivel from the peanut gallery! Waaa waa waa they ignored me and im hardcore...waa waa waa

So uhm, moderator staff.. i have noticed that ad hominem's like this are systematically ignored on thease fora by you guys now a days, and i have some questions about this.

I'm just asking because, Tr00per seems to have lots of fun flaming people like this constantly, and i get to thinking: Hey! I would have fun beeing a right bastard to other people like this aswell, it looks like a barrel full of laughs, and possibly also monkeys.

So i just want to know, how do i best start my new career in flame baiting? Is there a form i have to fill out? Do i have to get registered or approved somehow? Perhabs any favours i have to perform?

It's just that last time i lost my temper with someone and got a little abbrasive in my posting, i was told that i'd get infracted in a heartbeat if i didn't CAD that behaviour ASAP. Clearly there is some mechanic at play here i have yet to grasp, and i just want to get started on this the right way.

I am very eager to start flaming people, so i hope you can get back to me with some guidelines real soon :)

Upvote 0
So uhm, moderator staff.. i have noticed that ad hominem's like this are systematically ignored on thease fora by you guys now a days, and i have some questions about this.

I'm just asking because, Tr00per seems to have lots of fun flaming people like this constantly, and i get to thinking: Hey! I would have fun beeing a right bastard to other people like this aswell, it looks like a barrel full of laughs, and possibly also monkeys.

So i just want to know, how do i best start my new career in flame baiting? Is there a form i have to fill out? Do i have to get registered or approved somehow? Perhabs any favours i have to perform?

It's just that last time i lost my temper with someone and got a little abbrasive in my posting, i was told that i'd get infracted in a heartbeat if i didn't CAD that behaviour ASAP. Clearly there is some mechanic at play here i have yet to grasp, and i just want to get started on this the right way.

I am very eager to start flaming people, so i hope you can get back to me with some guidelines real soon :)

If you feel my insensitive comment about elitists has damaged your frail sensibilities, I surely apologize...heaven forbid i should comment on someone who doesnt play the game, left the game and comments that it has failed because basically he and his like werent listened to. There are many of us still here playing, enjoying the game and seeing the potential it has.

Upvote 0
Its not a player problem its the different Gametype Problem, Classic, Action, Realism.
I prefer Classic, and the only populated server is the 40-1 server.
Introducing more than one Gametype was the biggest fault ever!!

You do realize that if TWI actually decided on only keeping one mode it would end up being realism just due to the sheer amount of people that play it. The only reasonable thing to take out would be Action as it is unliked here, and pretty much no one plays it in game either.

Upvote 0
I prefer Classic, and the only populated server is the 40-1 server.
Yeah, what's up with you people? Play more Classic ffs :)

I tried to play "Realism" but this whole Upgrade thing turned me more off then hairy nipples and I think this was one of the biggest mistake made with RO2. It makes no sense, it's horrible balance wise and amplifies selfish behavior.

I mean there was a really good idea from someone in the forum (sorry to forgot who) that you could use the stat boosts system to simulate better training in a specific map. It's stuff like that that I really miss. RO2 doesn't have creative new ideas like RO:Ost had. I feel like it copied ****ty gameplay mechanics from ****ty games. I'm still sad about that :(

Edit: Don't get me wrong. There are new nicely done things in RO. Like that you can still use the iron sights when you have a sniper weapon, the mag drum for the russian mg and that you can adjust the iron sight range. But they are vastly outweighted by the (in my opinion) really silly game mechanic choices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having 5000+ players at one time like on the free weekend was pretty awesome because you could actually choose your favourite gamemode/ server/ map.
With almost every server being full, you aren't forced to play 24/7 Realism Servers, you can play on Classic servers, Tank-only servers etc.
My biggest problem atm is that I simply can't play the game the way I want due to the lack of populated servers for it.

Upvote 0
Well, for starters TW could join the "Ranked" and "Unranked" browser tabs, so that custom servers could at the very least have a slim chance at capturing players whose finger slipped while trying to get in their favourite bot-farming arena. It would be cool if someone set up a server with mutators that change the rules around a bit, because I can't fully enjoy any of the standard gamemodes or gametypes.
But no, custom servers seem to be condemned to be empty and barren 24/7, as someone upstairs maybe thinks it's cool to retain all control on the game experience through the ranking system.

It's peculiar how they simultaneously take pride in having started out as modders and discourage game altering tweaks as the same time.

Upvote 0
But no, custom servers seem to be condemned to be empty and barren 24/7, as someone upstairs maybe thinks it's cool to retain all control on the game experience through the ranking system.

It's peculiar how they simultaneously take pride in having started out as modders and discourage game altering tweaks as the same time.

The main Australian/New Zealand server is a ranked, custom game mode server.

It's peculiar how you can claim TW discourage game altering tweaks, considering the number of whitelisted mutators...

Upvote 0
Just came back to the game after about a years break, having no love for modern warfare shooters and finding out that the grass is not greener elsewhere...

Things that i am happy with:

-The advent of the classic mode.

-The work of modders (especially the new maps).

-Better playability, especially in terms of stability.

-The presence of a hardcore of dedicated tactical players.

-The fact that TWI (unlike most other companies) actually listen to their customers and that development of the game continues.

Our public server was one of the most "successful" (as in constantly busy) ones on release of the game, but the problems of the game gradually turned off my clan members. Hopefully things will continue to improve and entice a few people back.

Upvote 0
Just came back to the game after about a years break, having no love for modern warfare shooters and finding out that the grass is not greener elsewhere...

Things that i am happy with:

-The advent of the classic mode.

-The work of modders (especially the new maps).

-Better playability, especially in terms of stability.

-The presence of a hardcore of dedicated tactical players.

-The fact that TWI (unlike most other companies) actually listen to their customers and that development of the game continues.

Our public server was one of the most "successful" (as in constantly busy) ones on release of the game, but the problems of the game gradually turned off my clan members. Hopefully things will continue to improve and entice a few people back.

Nice to see some of you guys return.:D

It seems that many players are only now finally believing the support promises from TWI (even though it had already been well documented that they support their games for many years) and beginning to come back to RO2 as the support for other year old games disappears completely.

Its really good to see the numbers very slowly increasing..;)

Upvote 0
It's peculiar how you can claim TW discourage game altering tweaks, considering the number of whitelisted mutators...
Uhuh. Wake me up when non-trivial, game altering stuff such as THIS is whitelisted. If you weren't blind you would at least convene that the mere presence of a ranking system (and thus the need to prevent players from cheating it) is a threat to the evolution of the game through user created modifications and content.

Upvote 0