• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sad to see what happens to RO2 at the moment

These same people rage about every game realease and then forget about them just to move on the next game. Seriously last major release game I bought was Witcher 2 and that was much worse release than RO2, their servers went down or weren't online at all so people coudn't play or patch the game for couple of days.

Or BC2 which server browser was so slow that it took 10 minutes just to find a decent server to join and once you got into it PB kicks you off. Or maybe every Valve game I have bought when Steam gets overloaded and you can't do anything on it for a while.

Can't remember them all because just like all the angry people I forget meaningless stuff that affected me maybe couple of days or two weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

If you call METACRITICS important your even more fail that that side is^^

Upvote 0
There are issues that need to be cleaned up. This game is far from dying, but work does need to be done. The server browser is the saddest bit. I'm stuck playing campaign so I don't kill the entire network in my apartment, since that makes for girlfriend aggro. There are multiple reasons why people are dismayed by this release. Some people have serious issues with optimization. A more than valid complaint, especially since it seems that there are some expensive rigs out there that shouldn't be performing as they should. Also, there are some realism people that got really jaded by the zoom functions and stuff. Then there are people who decided to try out a more realistic game, who then were angered by the large amount of realism features still present in the game.

There needs to be this push for fixes, because frankly, this game does not feel like a release-ready product. I can understand optimization issues, even though they are incredibly annoying. I can understand missing textures. I can understand confusing gameplay tactics, from a community that has not quite fully learned how to embrace the new style of gameplay needed to master RO2's new features. However, the server browser really feels like the weakest link to me. There is time for TWI to turn this around. Major reviewers will most likely give TWI the credit they deserve for this excellent working concept of a game. But to instantly discredit anyone who gives RO2 a negative review is a bit off. Yes, they probably should have waited for an update or two, and yes, some of their complaints are a bit off, but there is cause for concern here, and if a negative review helps someone who would've had issues with RO2 decide not to get it, I say that is for the better.

Upvote 0
First impression: Feels Like Rise Of Flight patch 1.07 (when I bought it). I can really see a gem in this one but it's gonna need some polish for sure. My rig is decent, although my GPU card is a ATI 4850 1gb. so I was never expecting to have awesome FPS, but it does feel like the optimization is sloppy for the effects I see on the screen vs. what performance I'm getting.

Upvote 0
First impression: Feels Like Rise Of Flight patch 1.07 (when I bought it). I can really see a gem in this one but it's gonna need some polish for sure. My rig is decent, although my GPU card is a ATI 4850 1gb. so I was never expecting to have awesome FPS, but it does feel like the optimization is sloppy for the effects I see on the screen vs. what performance I'm getting.

Here is the problem. You are thinking about graphical performance in isolation. Take those games that have higher frame rates, and check out how their physics work. You'll find their physics are so primitive, you could do the calculations in your head.

So RO2 is doing a TON more work to put that picture on screen than pretty much every game out there. Is it any surprise the frame rates might be lower?

TWI uses the power of your machine to give you a much better simulation of combat, rather than JUST graphical prettiness. Everyone else gives you the kind of game that can run on a calculator... then puts an amazingly good looking picture of it in front of you, to trick you into thinking you are playing a good game.

Reactions: LMAOser
Upvote 0
Here is the problem. You are thinking about graphical performance in isolation. Take those games that have higher frame rates, and check out how their physics work. You'll find their physics are so primitive, you could do the calculations in your head.

So RO2 is doing a TON more work to put that picture on screen than pretty much every game out there. Is it any surprise the frame rates might be lower?

TWI uses the power of your machine to give you a much better simulation of combat, rather than JUST graphical prettiness. Everyone else gives you the kind of game that can run on a calculator... then puts an amazingly good looking picture of it in front of you, to trick you into thinking you are playing a good game.

Exactly

With detailed tanks, physics, bullet shells, cover system, specific injury systems, multiple methods of reload as well as multiple reload animations, among a pile of other animations, a variety of weapon physics, up to 64 players all over a map, doing all different things, dying in different ways, etc...... this game has a lot going on in and around it overall than most other games that fancy up the graphics but keep the age-old railgun bullet aiming crosshair crap, insta-ragdoll death drops, hitpoint health regeneration and basic team co-ordination systems to mask that it's just a beefed up Quake III Arena

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

Dude the only reviews on metacritic are user reviews from cry babies. Who cares?

Besides, this game is great man!

Upvote 0
Who cares what the user scores are at any site, including metacritic?

I've never once put any stock into them because of mob mentality and the idea of jumping onto a bandwagon. They're worthless.

I bet the sales department of every major/minor company will disagree with that.

Good ratings get you good sales.

User ratings work because not that many people make an account to post a bad review "just for fun". The true score is averaged anyways, one bad review or two doesn't effect a game when it starts hitting 1k + reviews.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO:HOS is just like ROOST when it came out maybe a bit more buggy . After some patches and user created maps started coming out I got back into the groove and it felt even better then the original mod minus the super exclusive elite community . HOS will be the same the weak will evaporate and only the true RO warriors shell remain to bask in the glory that is RO:HOS . Just give me Berezina/Debrecen/Orel some more vehicles and I am ready to play RO for 5 more years .:D

Upvote 0
as long as i stay out of the full 64 player servers it runs fine for me. and i'm cool with that. i can have PLENTY of fun with 40-50 players on these maps.

great game, i'm getting used to some of the things i didn't like at first. i'm even getting better at the cover system...which is not perfect but is still a big leap up for RO.

i played RO since it came out retail, and honestly this game is making it easier every night to leave ROOst behind.

and metacritic can suck it.

Upvote 0
(metacritic.com)

Don't even get me started on how screwed up their ranking system works. If i were you, i would not go by what gaming agrigate websites use.

4 1/2 stars out of 5 does not equate to the same as scoring 85% which does not equate to a B+.

Kreon, if i were you, id start reading reviews instead of looking at review scores. Review scores mean nothing, its the content thats written in these reviews that are important.

Gamespot are the worst for it, their written reviews will give nothing but praise to a game and yet they will rate it a 65/100.

Upvote 0