• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sad to see what happens to RO2 at the moment

I mean it can run fine for you , it also did run fine for some people in the beta (they said , not going to doubt as i don't doubt it runs well for you) , but for most it did not , and then they released a new patch that fixed the issues for everyone with the problem .

Same day the retail comes out and it's back to the state where it was before that patch was applied .

So i mean it can work for you i won't doubt it , but if it doesn't run fine for alot of people specially ones who played beta and had no problems with the latest build it probably is just a problem that needs addressing .

I run a i7 920 at 4.2 , ati 5870 like you , also a nvidia 560 for testing and also 2 geforces 285 gtx , performance is similar on any setting (also tried on another i7 920 i have downstairs) and exact same problem .

Anyway if it runs fine for you consider yourself lucky , that doesn't mean all the users with problems are stupid or computer inapt , in this case it just means there are some flaws with certain hardware configurations .

Looks like the post got removed but well this applies to Apex as well thinking that just because he formatted recently and only runs games is the reason why it runs perfect for him and not right for a bunch of others (see technical forum etc) .

Just be glad if it works fine for you and don't come taunt people with problems or spread misinformation .

Thanks

The everyday CPU speed for you CPU is 3.6, just saying 4.2 is a max setting which isn't healthy

Upvote 0
This tells a different story http://www.gametrailers.com/game/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of/11974http://www.gametrailers.com/game/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of/11974

The other review was obviously rated by (cod) fanboys that cant hack a challenging fps game that takes skill.

Performance problems can/ will be fixed im sure TWI would of loved to have another month to polish it. Financially being a small but growing company another lengthy delay wouldn't made good business sense.

Unlike mainstream games owned by sellout company's RO 2 will still be worked on years from now.War sims isn't for everyone and reviews depend on who you ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
I totally disagree with you. Yes we might have some major bugs, mostly preformance but still, TW are busting their *** so we can have fun with a one of a kind first person shooting game. So instead of whining "GIMME MY MONEY BACK /CRY" support them. You should know by now that they release patches all the time just to fix these kind of problems. So quit the *****ing -.-

Maximally agree with!

Upvote 0
I thought most people have the sense to ignore 0/10 user reviews as they are just trolls, or butthurt douches cos they're trying to everything on ultra and it doesn't work.

Still though 7/10 atm is not bad.
Most people don't read the individual reviews. Most of them just see the average, and 0/10 trolls tends to pull down the average.

We should start a forum campaign to rate the game high, as it should get a high mark for TWI's hard work!

Upvote 0
wow people whining on metacritic that has never happened before....

You have people giving the game 10 ignoring the bugs and people giving it 0 because of the bugs.

I don't know why people don't just go away if they don't like it. I played a couple of quick games last night when the retail client unlocked and I had more fun than I have had in a long time in a multiplayer FPS

Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
Whats wrong with being dissapointed? I think people have the right to state there minds about this. I know im dissapointed and i bet the developers are for having to release it in the state it is.

Dont get me wrong, i like the game and i have no frame rate issues. The solo campaign is just a buggy mess. Havent even tried mp yet.

Overall i had hopes for more, now the only thing we can do is have patience and give them time to clean up the mess. But dont **** all over people for paying for a product that is broken.

Upvote 0
Who cares what the user scores are at any site, including metacritic?

I've never once put any stock into them because of mob mentality and the idea of jumping onto a bandwagon. They're worthless.

This.

It's probably the most upvote/downvote spammed website on the internet.

Any yahoo can go on there and change the score of something. Hell I think even Bioware employees were caught making repeated fake positive reviews for Dragon Age 2.

Upvote 0
Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

"very important" and "review" should not be in the same sentence.

Upvote 0
Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

Never heard of them before, must not be that important ;)

And if they're going to give the game a zero simply based on what they read on internet forums (as opposed to actually trying the game themselves) then I wouldn't rely on one of their reviews if it was for burnt toast.

Every game has their moaners and complainers, especially when it's first released.

All in all, I couldn't care less what these guys reviewed the game as, because dozens more reviewed it pretty damn high.

Upvote 0
All I see from people defending it is "this isn't COD" and coming up with that annoying elitist argument all the time.

It's not getting bad reviews because it isn't COD, it's getting them because the game wasn't ready to be released, has a ton of bugs and has such performance issues on dual+ cards and AMD systems.

Upvote 0
TWI is professional developer land now. There is no room for sympathy because they were modders. It is a simple customer developer relation. You pay for product and have the right to expect it to run properly.

And I assume TWI rushed this game out too quickly to avoid competing with COD and BF3 in a few weeks. Means they loaded the risk off to the customer. And now it is their obligation to make stuff work.

Upvote 0
If you have a performance problem, you should play with the settings a bit before complaining( i dont mean high/medium/low, i mean CUSTOM).

For the FPS, it does not really matter how the game looks, what matters is, how much stuff is drawn on your screen. And RO2 draws a lot of stuff, as there is a lot of details all over the place. I think it is the second game after Arma 2 that has so much detail on screen ( Arma 2 not so much detail as view distance ).

Do not be expecting to get uber FPS here and do not compare it to games such as COD and BC2, which are frankly BLANK when you compare the level of detail of what is being drawn.

I get a steady 40-50 fps on a crappy 5670 and a x4 AMD CPU at 3.0 Ghz with 2mb l2 cache. I use custom settings and have found what works best for me. So switch the settings to custom and start playing with the options and see what gives you the best FPS.

Upvote 0
Who cares what the user scores are at any site, including metacritic?

I've never once put any stock into them because of mob mentality and the idea of jumping onto a bandwagon. They're worthless.
User reviews are no more or less worthless, in my opinion, than professional reviews.

Even the "pros" have their own biases and rate products through the prism of their own preferences and past experiences. Anyone claiming otherwise is deluded. I find it incredibly difficult to take any review seriously, myself. That's why I like Yahtzee as much as I do, he makes game reviews the joke that they really are. Why should any consumer trust a complete stranger's opinion over his own?

That said, it would be far preferable, I think, if every game had a demo. While I don't believe that a consumer should decide on a product's worth simply by looking at a review, given the fact that pretty much any new game is gonna set one back $50-60 (thanks for the great price, TWI :D), I do understand why people look. I just find the notion of giving a review any credence whatsoever (be it a positive or negative review) to be foolish.

Upvote 0