• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sad to see what happens to RO2 at the moment

game is fine, runs my mid range PC @ 130fps, idk why people are whinging.. mind you, i reformated a few days ago, so i've only got games installed.. maybe people need to clean there PC's up a bit.. there is more to gaming than just launching the game and expecting it to run.

How did you do that? Granted, I get good performance too, but my game will NOT go above 100fps.

Upvote 0
Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

Oh yeah, bobthebuilder19 and "Remainz" are such huge important people and their ****ty opinions will be the end of RO2 as we know it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
game is fine, runs my mid range PC @ 130fps, idk why people are whinging.. mind you, i reformated a few days ago, so i've only got games installed.. maybe people need to clean there PC's up a bit.. there is more to gaming than just launching the game and expecting it to run.

bull**** the game is running extremely poor compared to the previous beta builds not to mention the massive screw up with the DDE bonus goods.

New PC with ALL up to-date drivers running the latest games that are more system intensive then RO2's UR3 engine with no problems at all.

Upvote 0
I like how the gameplay is completely fine and I have a crappy old computer and can run this game at 40 FPS. People *****ing about 30 FPS, rofl. That isn't even bad at all. The gameplay is amazing and Tripwire did a really good job. It's stupid that people are going to get refunds just because of a few things that can be patched out. Seriously, people will always find something to ***** about.

Upvote 0
People have a right to be frustrated, but its always wise to step back and take a deep breath. I'm sure the devs are freaking the **** out and working their butts off on a patch as we speak.

Why did the game release with so many bugs? Why doesn't it run better? Well, I don't know, but its irrelevant. All that matters is you can be sure they are working on the issues and will get them fixed as soon as humanly possible.

I think people need to remember that RO2 is TWI's biggest game they've ever released. It's still a very small company with limited man power, and RO2 is a big game if you really stop and think about it -- especially for a small studio. Also, given that this is TWI's big project, they want more than anything for it to succeed.

It's not like the developers deliberately sabotage their game to piss people off on the forums. So stop taking it personally and be patient for a patch. Oh and put down those pitchforks too ...

Upvote 0
Here is the problem. You are thinking about graphical performance in isolation. Take those games that have higher frame rates, and check out how their physics work. You'll find their physics are so primitive, you could do the calculations in your head.

So RO2 is doing a TON more work to put that picture on screen than pretty much every game out there. Is it any surprise the frame rates might be lower?

TWI uses the power of your machine to give you a much better simulation of combat, rather than JUST graphical prettiness. Everyone else gives you the kind of game that can run on a calculator... then puts an amazingly good looking picture of it in front of you, to trick you into thinking you are playing a good game.

Seeing as how he was talking about rise of flight, I don't think his frame of reference is pretty games with no physics calculations. What you say is true (and honestly for me RO performance is not that bad) but don't assume everyone has only played counterstrike.

Upvote 0
It's still a very small company with limited man power, and RO2 is a big game if you really stop and think about it -- especially for a small studio.
30 or so people at last count wasn't it? Maybe 40.

Exactly

With detailed tanks, physics, bullet shells, cover system, specific injury systems, multiple methods of reload as well as multiple reload animations, among a pile of other animations, a variety of weapon physics, up to 64 players all over a map, doing all different things, dying in different ways, etc...... this game has a lot going on in and around it overall than most other games that fancy up the graphics but keep the age-old railgun bullet aiming crosshair crap, insta-ragdoll death drops, hitpoint health regeneration and basic team co-ordination systems to mask that it's just a beefed up Quake III Arena
Agree entirely. in saying that maybe people are raging because all this stuff is behind the scenes and they're only lookingat whats on the screen. To make a game with this much detail and fidelity gameplay wise (ie complex penetration calculations for EVERY BULLET that hits something) optimisation will be an issue but I have no doubt that TWI are working on fixing these issues.

And really, at the very least take metacritic scores with a whole pile of salt. I've seen so many reviews on that site where people have just gone "didn't like it-0/10" without any form of objectivity whatsoever.

And the game runs almost flawlessly on my PC;
-HD6850
-4gb DDR3
-3.4ghz processor
And I haven't really noticed any bugs, except some clipping issues.

Upvote 0

this is not the issue in my case, i can assure you. please don't say things like this, since it's just gonna infuriate most of the people running high end hardware (though i'm mid-range as well, see my sig) and getting 15 fps on average, plus it makes you look like a dick.

glad you're not having issues though, gives the rest of us hope. :cool:

EDIT: I do, however, think it's worth noting, that this game is supposed to have a cap of 90 fps, no matter what, so even if you are getting stable fps, your 130 fps is likely bs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0