• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sad to see what happens to RO2 at the moment

Kreon

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

Mostly because of performance problems this game gets 0/10's on a very important review page (metacritic.com).
Angry customers on many internet forums asking for refunds and trying to downgrade this game an any way possible, RO veterans overreacting, hating everything that is new etc.

This game certainly has some serious problems, but this is not what it deserves.

OMG, are you serious??? It's 0/10 because it hasn't BEEN reviewed yet! NEXT!

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
game is fine, runs my mid range PC @ 130fps, idk why people are whinging.. mind you, i reformated a few days ago, so i've only got games installed.. maybe people need to clean there PC's up a bit.. there is more to gaming than just launching the game and expecting it to run.

No, game is not fine. You are the one to think that this game is actually fine.
Getting 30-50 fps with medium/low settings on a i860, 5870hd, 8gb ram PC is not fine, expecially when the game looks crap. I can't download the server list and when I do it crashes my internet. Stats are not saved.

This is not fine

Reactions: Tim270 and trucane
Upvote 0
game is fine, runs my mid range PC @ 130fps, idk why people are whinging.. mind you, i reformated a few days ago, so i've only got games installed.. maybe people need to clean there PC's up a bit.. there is more to gaming than just launching the game and expecting it to run.

The performance issues are a well known problem its not because our PC's are "dirty" its because the game is optomised terribly.

My HD5770 just sits at ~30% activity always in the game. If it ****ing shifted itself up there to 90% it would run very good and its not just me. Nvidia users are having problems at ~60% and ATi anywhere between 30-70.

Upvote 0

I'm not saying that a majority of the complaints are valid, but I have to disagree with your last statement. This is 2011, not 1991.

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0

130fps.. I barely manage A SOLID 40. With either a 5850 or 6970.
There is no game that comes as close as this game when it comes to opimization... oh wait Brink and COD Blops.

Upvote 0
...there is more to gaming than just launching the game and expecting it to run.

Generally, paying customers expect just that. A program should be expected to launch and run stably.

The game IS good, however it does have many stability issues right now and is lacking in some areas. My system is regularly cleaned-up and well maintained in general yet I've crashed a dozen times today, at least once on each map.

As an RO1 vet I know from experience that TWI supports their products exceptionally well and I'm sure they'll give RO2 the support it needs to shine in time. There's no denying that people will be angry over poor performance at launch.

Reactions: aop
Upvote 0
I mostly enjoy RO2 aside from some things like the chattering character and my most hated foe LOCKDOWN but aside from that it's pretty fun although I'd be lying if I said I thought the game was stable right now as I have had a number of crash to desktops on my gaming pc I built for over a grand earlier this year:

ATI/AMD 6970 2gb
Intel i5 2500k
8 gb of Ram

I really hope we see some serious optimization and improvements in stability made as in one hour of playing last night I crashed twice and alt tabbing still crashes the game too it seems :/. I trust TWI will fix this relatively quickly though the success of the game in large part depends on it!

Edit:

Also can TWI please sort out the action button and make it rebindable individually? Whoever though making the cover/action/bandage button the same thing should be flogged and then forced to endure justin beiber

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mean it can run fine for you , it also did run fine for some people in the beta (they said , not going to doubt as i don't doubt it runs well for you) , but for most it did not , and then they released a new patch that fixed the issues for everyone with the problem .

Same day the retail comes out and it's back to the state where it was before that patch was applied .

So i mean it can work for you i won't doubt it , but if it doesn't run fine for alot of people specially ones who played beta and had no problems with the latest build it probably is just a problem that needs addressing .

I run a i7 920 at 4.2 , ati 5870 like you , also a nvidia 560 for testing and also 2 geforces 285 gtx , performance is similar on any setting (also tried on another i7 920 i have downstairs) and exact same problem .

Anyway if it runs fine for you consider yourself lucky , that doesn't mean all the users with problems are stupid or computer inapt , in this case it just means there are some flaws with certain hardware configurations .

Looks like the post got removed but well this applies to Apex as well thinking that just because he formatted recently and only runs games is the reason why it runs perfect for him and not right for a bunch of others (see technical forum etc) .

Just be glad if it works fine for you and don't come taunt people with problems or spread misinformation .

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IDK, it runs fine for me on ultra high grafic settings. I had no problem during the beta, only a couple of ctd happened, but it run fine. And I like this game, even if I'm an RO1 vet. Anyway, I think there are much more ppl who like the game, but the forums will always be flood with negative threads, because who loves the game does not take the time from gaming for whining.

Upvote 0
Who cares what the user scores are at any site, including metacritic?

I've never once put any stalk into them because of mob mentality and the idea of jumping onto a bandwagon. They're worthless.

Many of them are making a valid point on the unoptimized and rather unstable nature of the release and rating the game as it IS and not as it has the potential to be.

I love RO2 but as I said before in an hour I suffered a couple of crashes which I'm sure TWI will sort out but you can hardly be suprised when people are disappointed in a game they paid for which runs like a pig or keeps CTD'ing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The performance issues are a well known problem its not because our PC's are "dirty" its because the game is optomised terribly.

My HD5770 just sits at ~30% activity always in the game. If it ****ing shifted itself up there to 90% it would run very good and its not just me. Nvidia users are having problems at ~60% and ATi anywhere between 30-70.

Soooo what does that mean? Is that a driver issue? Is it common with new games? Is it game-breaking or fixable? I have a 5770 as well, love the game and welcome all good news.

Upvote 0
I totally disagree with you. Yes we might have some major bugs, mostly preformance but still, TW are busting their *** so we can have fun with a one of a kind first person shooting game. So instead of whining "GIMME MY MONEY BACK /CRY" support them. You should know by now that they release patches all the time just to fix these kind of problems. So quit the *****ing -.-

Upvote 0