• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-TractorWorks Beta 4

JAKL

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
Take part in one of the most ferocious days of combat during the siege for the city of Stalingrad. On October 13th, 1942 the German 6th Army had launched a the last great offensive of the campaign to seize the northern factory district with the massive tractor factory as the first objective with the intent of severing the Russian lines and reaching the Volga, splitting the 62rd Army in two. The battle begins here, at 0600 hours on Monday, October 14th. . .

twbeta4.jpg

===================
README
===================

January 31, 2007

RO-TractorWork_beta4
Map Name: RO-TractorWorks
Beta Number: Beta 4
Bot Support: Yes
Description of map: Combined Arms with infantry focus.
D/L size: ~56 megs

Download links (.zip files)
.zip file with Server-friendly compressed files: DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:
* Download the zip files to a hard-drive location.
* Open each zip with Winzip or other compression program.
* EXTRACT each file to the appropriate file directory as displayed in the zip program. Each file is required for the map to run on a server or locally in practice mode.

* Anyone wishing to use the M1937 in future releases should contact: [email protected] for more information and suggestions on implementation or visit the RO forums for a specific information thread.

=================================
RO-TractorWorks_beta4 Change Log:
=================================
- Map duration reduced to 40 minutes.
- Russian reinforcements increased to 380.
- German reinforcements held at 500.
- Russian tanker spawn moved closer to T34 spawn.
- T34 respawn rate increased to 8 seconds from 1 second. This corresponds to the player respawn rate.
- Corrected fall height in one sewer entry causing leg damage.
- Russian spawn system and AI Scripts corrected. Russians spawn near the

I had the same problem with a couple brushes for Leningrad. One rebuild everything would be fine, the next rebuild (always happens just before you release :p ) would create a BSP error halfway across the map in some obscure room. I find that the more complicated brushes are, the greater the chance is that they'll create problems. In the end I found the offending brush and simply made the same shape as before but out of multiple brushes, without any concave shapes (crescent moon) and haven't had a problem since.

The best advice I can give for tracking this error down is to check out this site:

http://phalanx.planetunreal.gamespy.com/tut's/tutorial_bsp.htm

If that doesn't solve your problems try deleting some of your more complicated brushes that you think may be causing it, do a full rebuild, then check it in the editor. It's time consuming but it will eventually tell you exactly which brush is the offender. Hope that helps. :)

Upvote 0
I had this error occur in only two places in the map, the two rooms at the top of the stairs in 2north. Each time it is in the on west side of the rooms. In the front office it would encompass the file cabinets and in the main room with the stairs, it cover the two desks on the west side and partially blocks the hallway. My solution has been to delete the subtraction brush inside of which it occurs and recreate it much to the same result, evenutally. Both of the brushes in question are six sided rectangles. ? ? ?

Upvote 0
New reinforcement numbers seem good. The Russians don't run out of reinforcements anymore (although on one full time limit map we played they went down to 7%) and the apartment fight doesn't last half the game.
It feels like more of an accomplishment to win based on performance rather than running out of numbers.

Upvote 0
A great map! Truly epic...

If I may ask: what is a brush bug? There is an area near the Allied spawn at North 2 where it is as if there is an invisible wall and you cannot get to the windows on 2nd floor - is that it?

Another oddity I noticed once: at the AT gun on the Axis side of the commons near the Apartments in line with the upright tram is firing but there is no AT gunner visible?

Upvote 0
Brush bug: that's the one.
AT gun: seems to be a code bug with RO itself. It's a bit of a difficult thing to explain but basically I think the code gets confused because the gunner/turret are essentially the same as a tank and in a tank you are more or less 'invisible' when looking through the sight. Don't know any other way to explain it. The gunner may actually only appear invisible to you while others will see him.

Upvote 0
Great update to balance however I think you might have added just slightly too many Russian reinforcements. The Russians are barely getting to 0% on most games now. Just a slight adjustment to the levels from what you had before and what you have now and it should be perfect. It should be fine when on most games you get it to the point where Russian reinforcements are at 0% with 30 seconds left on a full server.

Upvote 0
Nestor its part of the mod he didnt mention...a mobile latrine...lol

Good One Butch!! hahahahahah so the guy is standing on the rails of the gun to get a better view.

@Slyk... So far, the map plays rather well the way it is. The T-34 is a bit potent and when coupled with the AT guns, the Russians have a decent edge. But then, the Germans have a respectable challenge instead of a cakewalk. I must admit though, that when this map comes up everyone wants to be on the Russian side. I wonder why?? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Nestor its part of the mod he didnt mention...a mobile latrine...lol

Nestor/Butch: Nice. I think it's no different a bug than the occasional 'missing turret' on a tank or HT. Quite unique though this time. Butch just ruined our next surprise! hahahaha

Mike: There is nothing altered on the T34, nor the Panzers. Everything is stock. And yes, I assume guys want to play Russian to use those guns. Why not. The novelty will wear off soon enough.

In general the Germans are fools if they don't seek out and destroy the AT guns asap. I played a round last night where two ATs survived until nearly the end of the round. That should never happen and I have no sympathy for a German team getting killed by them.

Putz: Can you tell me where the Germans were firing from and screenshots/overhead would be helpful.

Upvote 0
You should put spawn protection and mine fields to protect the soviet rear spawns. Last night on the =db= server, the russians were continually base-raped because of a lack of protection in all of the rear spawns.
Hell no! You got a beast at your disposal(t34) communicate with its crew to clear your spawn exits,use smoke etc.Russians are already invincible in this map(9 out of 10 they win) no more extras for commies.

Upvote 0