• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-PariserPlatz-III-ISU-152

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me! ;)

if tankers get their tanks destroyed by a spawnraping fauster time after time, then it might be best for them not to use tanks.
the allies get a new batch of tanks when they have capped the gate approach. its up to them to keep their tank alive as long as possible, up to now i have succeeded in fighting the full 35 minutes with the first 3 tanks, not even using the new tanks that spawn in after the gate approach was capped. other tankers used them, and we ended up with 2 ISU tanks and 1 t34 fighting together on the platz. ending up with discovering the big problem of this tank: little ammo supply, wich was a problem with the real tank aswell

one hint i can give you with the ISU-152 is to stay out of faust reach, and simply avoid any exposition to other tanks or AT guns, the HE shells can take out PAK guns and PAKwagens with indirect fire.
stay at least 100 m from the nearest german soldier.

All I say mate is play on a Aussie server while this map is being played. Competent tankers on both sides, I can't discreted them, but unless you have a hand full of infantry watching the tanks and who dive in the air to stop a 100ft faust come out of no where your in for a hard time. Also sitting back in the distance away from the main infantry threat is a sure way to get kicked, I mean FF must be very high, especially for the middle objective, which btw rocks if your a German with a mg 42 and the new mutator :D

Anyway love the map, but from the Allied side their second objective on the right, there is a fair few trees in the air, maybe 3 ft, no big problem, just noticeable :).

Upvote 0
Also sitting back in the distance away from the main infantry threat is a sure way to get kicked, I mean FF must be very high, especially for the middle objective
which leads us to the following remark: when you've been tked by a tanker, MGer or Saper with a score nearing or above 100, why the hell won't you forgive him ? what are the odds or this being intentionnal, and a player with a score of 100 being a griefer ? Chances are, mr "I_R0x_4l1!" with the 10 points score (fictivous name, but you catch my drift), that just by not typing "np" you're putting your team at a far worse disadvantage than the temporary accidental death of your own person incured, however much said death pissed you off personnaly... All of this espcially if the Tker took the pains to say sorry, or tked you because you really were where you weren't supposed to be...
I've seen so many suboptimal ( ok: downright stupid) behaviour on RO, but playing long maps recently has brought this one to a new level or relevancy...

Upvote 0
is it maybe possible with the respawns of the ISU to make it time dependent more. So not that if you destroy it in the first 3 mins that you have another one to drive away with straight away?

if it was possible i would do the exact opposite! :D
letting tanks only respawn after 5 minutes, forcing the tankers to at least keep their tank alive for 5 minutes. wich rewards good tankers.

@luther and ravelo, thanks for pointing out those problems, will be fixed!

we must all keep in mind that most of the players you will see these days playing pariserplatz, are only playing it to see the ISU-152.
i noticed that many never even played any other version of the map before.
when the "OMG a new TANK!" period is over, we will then be able to judge it better. and it can only get better.

let's just hope that in the next TW game, players will need to pass tests to be able to select any other classes then the riflemen. just like in AA

Upvote 0
Well my thinking was that the release was a well known thing and if they haven't added it to their servers already there must be a reason.

The files where on The Wild Bunch 50 player server. The maps where removed from rotation because the player count went down to a very low level. However some of the maps are still in rotation on The Wild Bunch Old Glory server. Coincidentally the player counts there are almost non-existent since adding the maps.
Again, no dis-respect to the modders, there work is very good and very appreciated.

That's kinda obvious considering that most of the "retarded" players play in TWB servers.
While such servers like "LUFTWAFFE GERMANY" or "LKGO" never suffers from low player count... yesterday we played PariserPlatz, then voted for Kriegstadt, then again voted for PariserPlatz and so on...

Upvote 0