• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

I've had more than one annoying moment on this game as a German. One time I think I was in the Deutsche Bank, with a panzerfaust ready for the Russians to drive past in their tanks... when they cap the building and I die for being in their spawn :rolleyes:.

Another (less annoying) time was at the Alt-Moabit Hotel, I was in there and Russian infantry had overrun the lower floors and their tanks were right in front of the building so I couldn't get a good shot from the windows. I, suicidally, ran downstairs and outside and fired my only panzerfaust point blank at an IS-2.
The damn thing bounced straight off the front hull and I was shot from behind by a riflemen who'd followed me out the building.... good times! :D

Upvote 0
Being a new map, discriptions are hard to figure out some times. I hear "MG on the 3rd floor!" & I think, well, this is Kriegstadt man, Russian or German MG? I need to know the building, side, floor, window to be to be exact.

Kriegstadt is an ideal map to have a dedicated commander/spotter spending time just using VOIP informing enemy troop positions.

In my opinion any map needs a dedicated commander who tells his people where to attack or defend and toss smoke where needed.
Otherwise people will get lost soon. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just like in real life people need commanders to hold their hand.

Upvote 0
I've been able to shoot through the blast shield of the Pak guns with my rifle and kill the operator of the gun on several occasions. Of course the guy FREAKS OUT and thinks I'm cheating.. but I tell him I am simply the most 1337 and he should address me as 'Your Highness' the next time he tries to use such feeble ordinance against thee.

well, I was visiting the beta 2 on an empty server the day after release, to 1) see the changes and 2) see what it was like on the german side (I had always played Soviet until then)
Then comes a guy called Karabiner on the server. So we fight each other, in this empty city. I kill him a few times, untill I decide to man the first pak. I obliterated him twice with HE, and the third time he came at me from afar, zigzagging toward me from down the street afar. I got up, head above the shield to watch him come at a jog with his weapon at his hip, preparing to blast him without even using the sights. Then, from like >60 meters away, I saw a flash. And I fell backward, eyes staring lifelessly to the yellowish Berlin sky.
He was actually as shocked as I was, if not more...

Upvote 0
I was playing earlier, on the 52 player map again and we really stopped the Russian advance at the Deutsche Bank, even once they'd capped it the amount of time left didn't let them win. The annoying thing is I got another error closing the game, just before the round ended... Like I said may just be the server though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah m8 , its nearly perfect!

I have 2 suggestions after playing a short round of it:

-Please get rid of turret Shake while firing the MG -its quite unrealistic
-I dont think its realistic to see every other Allied soldier launching Panzerfausts fruitlessly around trying to hit a proned German.- might have mentioned this before- I have a terrible memory.

Upvote 0
I don't think I will completely eliminate the turret shake, but just reduce it to a very, very subtle degree. Nothing nearly as extreme as what is currently in game.

Also, Panzerfausts in Allied hands are being addressed as stated before. It works hand in hand with network optimization, so the only active Panzerfaust spawns will be where the Germans are, more or less.

Upvote 0
I noticed this earlier, when in this window, at a certain angle (usually looking upwards whilst standing close to the wall on your left) the sky turns black.
messedupwindow.png

messedupwindow2.png

Upvote 0
It's going to require a little more code work. As (I'm pretty sure) I stated before, that was the intent, to have them explode when destroyed but for the remaining hull not to burn. But the way the code is set up, it forces either everything or nothing on you: there is no gray area where you can have one destruction effect but not the other. At least, not easily. Currently my top code priority is the hybrid Panzerfaust pickups, because improving performance is something I really want to do, especially if this map is to be run on larger servers.

Upvote 0