RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Good news: reducing visibility has increased the FPS considerably without significantly hurting the appearance of the map. I maintained a healthy "green" FPS throughout the map, with it only dropping down to yellow/red at a few zone transition points (this happens to me on every map so its no big deal)

Bad news: a series of BSP holes have erupted within the Interior Ministry :mad::mad::mad:

Fixing those with crashes at nearly every turn is going to be a pain in the ***...

A shame that the 500th post couldn't be on a lighter note :(

EDIT: Oh, lol. I didn't have "Only Rebuild Visible Actors" checked. A series of portals I had in a hidden group (with a NWS name due to the pain they caused me) was built.

I'll get it fixed up now...

Last edited:

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Considering that the editor crashes and needs to be restarted nearly every minute (yes, it is that bad), I have been making slow progress. Severely slow progress. I want to get the map finished before the end of the night, on March 7th in the EST time zone.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
GENTLEMEN!

BEHOLD!

lolwhutxa9.jpg

I now have to add everything to a .rar for client downloading and uz2 compress the files for server admins.

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Yes, I am digging up an old thread... :p

I finally got to play this map twice this weekend after missing it for a long time. Great!

Anyways, I had always noticed it on the BOH server but I would get file mismatch errors when I go to join and I used to miss out on playing it. However, I would not take no for an answer this time, and I repeatedly tried to connect and Hooray! After the third or fourth time, I got in! I guess my persistence paid off.

I don't know why I was getting those errors before (I still have to repeatedly connect to get past the mismatch errors), but I just wanted to let anyone else know to keep trying if they have encountered this strange problem :D