• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

I finally got to play this today. Incredible map, the custom skins and picturesque landscape really give it a different feel from any other map. It has oppurtunities for both close and long range engagements and a few different ways to outflank enemies.

The way only riflemen have grenades is kind of strange though, I'm pretty sure if there were limited grenades then they'd give them to the troops who spent most of their time clearing houses (those with smg's). If you want to limit the amount of grenade usage maybe you could give each person only one grenade? If that's even possible, that is.

Upvote 0
Hey any news on when the next release is or have you put it off for a while? My minor suggestion is make the Mill windows breakable as right now there are exploits where you can shoot through them but only one way. Also limit both sides to one officer because 8 smoke grenades turns a beautiful map into a grey ugly one.

This map and Riga docks kind of go against conventional RO maps (In terms of grittiness/mood), but I like them just as well. Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
This map and Riga docks kind of go against conventional RO maps (In terms of grittiness/mood), but I like them just as well. Keep up the good work!

I think the main reason for this is that they are made by people who know how to make and use textures and know their arse from their elbow re: lighting. I'm not saying (all) the stock maps are badly-lit and -textured but many custom maps certainly are.

I think this will change with time - most people's first couple of maps seem to be concerned just with getting meshes and BSP's and cap zones in there without anything crashing. Subtleties such as lighting and texturing seem to come later.

Upvote 0
This is what I think of the map:

Pros:

Great looking
No nades for SMGers
New skin
Long respawn timer (encourages cautious play)

Cons:

Lack of reinforcements - I hate maps were you have to relly on your team not playing like morons by wasteing reinforcements. They run out long before the timer does so the gameplay is basically this: Hold what capzones you have and attack as infrequently as possible. If the enemy is attacking then camp in the capzones you currently control to get a reinforcements advantage. This makes the gameplay very boring IMO and frustrating because you know your team will run off getting killed and theres only you and maybe a couple others who save the reinforcements so your team can win.

I really liked it to start with because of the cautious play (reminds me of S&D in COD), but theres way too few reinforcements for pub matches.

Upvote 0
I agree with Meli on this one, the inevitable out come of this is that a victory is often achieved by just wiping out the last man, often in favour of Axis. Not necessarly a bad thing, but would be great to play out the whole time available or a win with last cap.

-had an intial spawn that gave equal advantage, it's to easy at the moment for Axis to get the upper hand with two close cap points and the size of Homestead cap zone feels massive.
-better lean heights on all walls, windows and objects.
-Mill windows fixed.
-Perhaps a slightly withdrawn last spawn, to bring the last caps (slow cap time)into play.

I see many of these comments have been made before.

Apart from this. I think that this map is well frankly amazing.

Finally, historically wasn't Kolno an action thought by German Paratroopers in 1941.
http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Kolno/Chrono.htm

This was followed by the Kolno Jewish massacre, where the locals were rounded up, executed and mass graved in the nearby fields, which I read about somewhere.

This would account for the lack of late war weapons and the clean summery feel, but saying that didn't the Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
Im not sure if people have mentioned this before (if it has, ignore this post) but setting up MG's on this map can be very tricky and frustrating..

Off the top of my head i remember that the 1st house on the left of the homestead (when playing as Ivan)... on the ground floor at least, the windows really fight you when you wanna deploy.. especially the corner window (the one at an angle)

Also pretty much every barrel... cant remember if it happens when you deploy from crouched or standing.. (its one of the two) but the bullets wont leave the barrel.... it all looks good and you can fire your weapon but you sure as hell wont be doing any killin'.... you soon clock on during a battle when dont see any tracers or you get people running directly towards you soaking up bullets like the terminator...

Upvote 0