• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

I would like to add that if you are a Russian defending the Inn, the Germans look really cute when you see their little heads in a little row heading out from their spawn along that country road. They look like little ducklings!

The merging of the map edges and the far distance/skybox is really well done.

The one thing that I might do to the map is add a big stone/brick town hall (churches are overdone, I think) between the Mill and the Inn. My Russian team was able to stop the Germans once we capped the Mill and Inn, and maybe adding another large objective would add some spice to the game flow, especially if you can't cap the Inn or Mill without controlling the town hall.

Too bad noone has made walking cow or sheep models that you could use on the map for herding!

Upvote 0
People with servers.... PICK THIS ONE UP!

Very cool map.. I enjoy the way it plays. I do agree with Dheepan in that it has a very colorful and clean look to it. I dont know how or if you can adjust the colors, but tone them down a touch if possible... a little dingy-er, more weathered look. Its very bright and crisp at the moment. Obviously thats nothing too extremely important to bring up, so hopefully you'll take it as a compliment.

Should this map have vehicles? No, I think not. It works very well as is. :cool:

Upvote 0
sad to not see this up on servers, I look every time I log on.

it's on the "24/7 Infantry [email protected]", but we only seem to be populated between 7pm-12pm EST, and there are 5 other maps in rotation.

Magnificent map. Played it with about 22 guys, it was great.

Last night it seemed to play much better, the final cap zones were good and so was the reinforcements, with about ~22 people it seemed like it was a perfect battle.

Upvote 0
the .uc files are not needed. Those are code files...

Well they are part of the "server download" for this map that flashpan packaged, and also the instructions note that these must be added into the RedOrchestra.ini so I would assume they are needed. FlashPanHandler put a lot of detailed work into this, it's no ordinary custom map! :) Below are the install notes.

Under
[Engine.GameEngine]
Press enter behind some serverpackages and add the additional lines:

ServerPackages=G_Heer1KolnoMod
ServerPackages=G_Heer2KolnoMOd
ServerPackages=R_RKKASpring1KolnoMod

Upvote 0
Well they are part of the "server download" for this map that flashpan packaged, and also the instructions note that these must be added into the RedOrchestra.ini so I would assume they are needed. FlashPanHandler put a lot of detailed work into this, it's no ordinary custom map! :) Below are the install notes.

Under
[Engine.GameEngine]

.uc files are script code files, the serverPackages you are refering to reside in your System folder as .u files.
Since i worked with FPH on the first version of the skin code, I would know ;)

Upvote 0
.uc files are script code files, the serverPackages you are refering to reside in your System folder as .u files.
Since i worked with FPH on the first version of the skin code, I would know ;)

Yeah Ok that makes more sense. I guess the KolnoBetaSERVERVERSION file should be cleaned up for the next release, not that it created any problems for me, just took up a whole 3KB of disk space :)

Upvote 0
I'm trying to get this on the [Splat] server but I'm having trouble.

I've downloaded the server files and made all the additions as per the readme.txt

There is no kolno_beta.rom in this download, only a compresed kolno_beta.rom.uz2 so I uploaded the uz2 to the redirect and decompressed it for the local /maps directory (removing the .uz2 from the end)

However, It's steadfastly refusing to show up in the available maps list even after a server restart.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but after much chin stroking I can't figure out what it is so if anyone can shed some light on it I'd greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Under
[Engine.GameEngine]

flashpan kinda messed up the server download.

Basically the server download is the source and the server package :p

Upvote 0
The map is great on a full server or even with a few people only. It's flexible. The grenades being limited works really well. The skins are refreshing to see as well.

I don't believe vehicles are needed for Kolno, however.

Extremely well optimized, however I see trees flickering in and out of existance beside all roof outlines coming from the russian side. It's not the end of the world, just mentioning it.

Upvote 0
Yeah tanks or apcs are not needed, too small. What would be fun is like an AT gun or motar that would be kinda neat in the final objective.
-Give assault troops nades. Take them from rifles.

Besides that I think it looks and plays well. Only big game breaker are these spots that make you invisible. I remember two, one backend of mill and another at the edge of homestead to the left of these boxes.

Upvote 0