• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

FlashPanHunter

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
kolnoheaderyp5.jpg

I decided to release one beta of this map before calling it final, though it has already had some testing. Feedback of any kind is welcome here. Big thanks to worluk and dev who did the coding for the uniforms, and thanks to the tw testers aswell who tested some earlier versions.

The map is infantry attack/defense, five objectives total. Three objectives are central, and with one team holding these, the spawns shift to either of the rear objectives.

-DOWNLOAD-

Update, Thanks entirely to UncleDrax and Zetsumei, here is a version for server hosts. It has the compressed uz2 files and will now redirect all of the files so that the bugs present in versions downloaded earlier from servers wont be there anymore. These include the messed up ragdolls and deactivated voice commands.

-SERVER VERSION DOWNLOAD-

Yeah!!!! :D

Just ran thru it in practice. It is gorgeous! Very nice details, the horizon blends in perfectly with the landscape, and the reflection of trees in the pond is incredible. The rest of the map looks great too. There were some spots on the map that (uh hum....) reminded me of Oblivion with the landscape. (I mean that as a compliment; I almost thought about picking up 'ingredients' in spots). The camo uniforms of the Germans look really good.

If this map plays half as good as it looks in multiplayer, it will be awesome. Really beautiful work here! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Flash

I compressed this map but with seperate textures and meshes in excess of 40mb I am not sure how many servers are going to be able to run this without these also being compressed?

As for the map it looks gorgeous and runs very smoothly with good fps.

Although I do feel that the battlefield lacks clutter, detail and some additional cover that you would expect within a village that has blown up tanks and fixed defensive positions.

It's a minor point in an otherwise great looking beta map.
I love the german camo skins:D

Upvote 0
Hi Flash

I compressed this map but with seperate textures and meshes in excess of 40mb I am not sure how many servers are going to be able to run this without these also being compressed?

As for the map it looks gorgeous and runs very smoothly with good fps.

Although I do feel that the battlefield lacks clutter, detail and some additional cover that you would expect within a village that has blown up tanks and fixed defensive positions.

It's a minor point in an otherwise great looking beta map.
I love the german camo skins:D

You can compress all files in the exact same way its just that for some reason the UPL files will not get downloaded of the server (mine atleast)

so that you see no ragdoll, voice commands won't work and the skins show up badly :X. And thats all caused by the lack of a 2kb file :p

Upvote 0
I've just uploaded a short run through of the map for those that don't want to DL it just yet. Just a panaromic view from the limited ceiling. Was the first run through so I didn't know where I was going so I check the map often. The angles and paths I take aren't optimal but it does give you a short feel of the map. The compression does remove grass and foliage though so keep an open mind.

Video is Xvid, 17MB and goes for 2 or so minutes.

http://files.filefront.com/RO_Kolno_beta_1avi/;6130753;;/fileinfo.html

I'm in agreeance with this comment. The village is extremely pristine with limited sandbagging. I'd personally remove the damaged tanks, crater holes and dead cows to simulate that this is the very first engagement at the village (without tanks for whatever reason - or perhaps put damaged tanks on the village outskirts to give an explanation of an Infantry Only battle).

Other than that, it looks great. The size of the map may be a problem for a stream but you have to live with that for quality.

I'd need to play it multiplayer for any further comments.

Upvote 0
This really is one of the best infantry maps. It should be an official map so good is it! I've played it with only 10 bots but it was great. This map is one of the maps that is even fun when you're only with a few.
The atmosphere of this map was a bit like Brothers in arms, and I have waited long for an mapper that gave me this experience in RO. The new skins are trully amazing, at first I thought that all had the same skin but every class have an differend one. The detail is trully amazing! Some destroyed StuG's, cows, brickets at the end of an broken wall, the Inn, the mill etc etc.

I hope that this will be seen more on the public servers.

PS what year is this map and is it a bit historical accurate? And will we see more maps with custom skins?

Upvote 0
We has our first test runs of this map on JR34 Finland server, and almost instantaneously there was some problems spotted.

1) Death animations are bugged badly. When you kill an enemy, he doesn't fall down dead - instead, he stands up like a statue.

2) Voice command menu doesn't seem to work at all, players can't use it to give instructions to team.

Otherwise map is just great so far, beautiful textures collected some instant "wow" statements. I'll be looking for fixed versions of this map, and will be among the first one downloading it.. :)

Upvote 0
We has our first test runs of this map on JR34 Finland server, and almost instantaneously there was some problems spotted.

1) Death animations are bugged badly. When you kill an enemy, he doesn't fall down dead - instead, he stands up like a statue.

2) Voice command menu doesn't seem to work at all, players can't use it to give instructions to team.

Otherwise map is just great so far, beautiful textures collected some instant "wow" statements. I'll be looking for fixed versions of this map, and will be among the first one downloading it.. :)

There is a problem that were looking at with the redirect. Apparently downloading from the servers doesn't transfer one of the files, Kolno.upl, because for some reason it thinks the player doesn't need it, and this is causing a bug where some uniforms don't show up, ragdolls are weird, and voice chat is off. Once it's figured out I'll try to put up some uz2 files for servers so that redirect sends all of the necessary files.

Upvote 0