• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Armored Beasts Beta 2.0

Only if it was placed on the tank throwing (mainly on top of the engine compartment) 4 or 3kgs (real German satchel charge was 3kgs not sure about the Russian one) that way alot of the explosive force would be put on the thin top armor of the tank and on the engine underneth throwing a satchel charge around a tank would have no effect since it the explosive force is just around the tank on actually on it-

Upvote 0
Normally, Germans used T-mines for knocking out tanks (if available). They put them on the tracks of tanks passing by or on the engine compartment or even tried to stuck them between turret and hull of the tank. Primed with timer this was quite a effective way of stopping or disabling a tank.
The most common T-mine ("dish-mine") was the T-Mine 35: 5kg of explosives, 9,4kg total weight. Diameter 320mm, height 110mm. So you could think of the satchels as a kind of T-Mine35.
German engineers often used this mine also as makeshift explosives to destroy obstacles. So it would be cool to just switch the satchel bag model with a T-Mine model.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually TT appears to be right. The T-34 76 in game being 26 tons (other sources say 28 tons) and the T-34 85 being 32 tons. According to the data sheets on this website the engine for both T-34 s is the V-2-34 engine at 500 hp which makes sense since the only thing they did was upgun and uparmor the turret. Also for ease of logistics/standardization/production they most likely kept the same 500 hp engine in both tanks seeing that it would be kind of pointless putting in a different engine with a mere 20 hp increase in power. The extra weight of the T-34 85 (4 - 6 tons) more than counteracts the supposed 20 hp increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: TT33
Upvote 0
Yes m8, very true Tank! Also had there been a "new engine" produced it would not have gone to the T-34 because it was still a fast and maneuverable tank. It was a fair tradeoff having a slight speed reduction and maneuverablity for much better firepower. (remember 5-7 hm/hr is just 3-4 mph) Anyway I would have expected a "new engine" to replace the overburdened IS-2 / KV engines.

Look here: the Soviet T-43 (a very similar tank design) which had the same engine as the T-34 (V-2-34 at 500 hp) weighed 31.5 - 34 tons (the T-34/85 was 32 tons) and its speed was 48 km/hr----7km/hr slower than the T-34/76 tank.

Battlefield.ru said:
...These included combat trials with the NKSM Independent Tank Company. These showed that the T-43, because of its increased 34.1 ton weight, was marginally inferior to the T-34 in its ability to maneuver (maximum speed was decreased to 48 km/h).

Not sure what the big deal is with this. It's just a realistic element I wanted to see in to make the T-34/76 different to the T-34/85 in more than gun power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have spoken with Amizaur and he said that some of people comments about AB dejected him much. Now he's gone I don't know he'll show up yet. He didn't actually say that he's leaving working on AB. But anyway words of some people that AB has some interesting elements and that's all !! And that AB doesn't improve so much tank battles because AB still doesn't have things like armor flakes!!! Really disappointed him. Especially that nobody wasn't trying to deny those criticism. And legend about how AB is a lot of bugs and causing lags is growing up by these people. But about good features those critics people nobody said. That what is improved in AB like seperated turret and hull, ballistics, data penetrations and armor values are real, not took from space like in stock RO is, it's totally unimportant!!! (in theirs opinion). Don't wonder that he got dejected when nobody even wasn't trying to help him with AB. But he was asking for help many times. I was helping him with everything which I could to do but I just don't know so much about coding. Now it's unknow he'll show up yet... Big thanks to these critic people !!!!!!!!

PS. I'd like to say, Amizaur saved the tank battles with no doubt in this game, if there wouldn't be AB, I'm not sure I would be still playing RO, maybe infantry battles cause that is quite nice but that's all. And my tank maps obviously would be never made by me.

Looks like someone else is coding AB mutator nowdays and not the original author...

Nobody except for Amizaur wasn't coding the recent AB versions. Who told you that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0