• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Armored Beasts Beta 2.0

Keystone said:
He didn't actually say that he's leaving working on AB

Thats a terrible loss and a blow to the tankers of RO if he indeed left AB.

Keystone said:
PS. I'd like to say, Amizaur saved the tank battles with no doubt in this game, if there wouldn't be AB, I'm not sure I would be still playing RO, maybe infantry battles cause that is quite nice but that's all. And my tank maps obviously would be never made by me.
Im in total agreement as are many people who frequent RO so much so that even Darkest hour will be using AB for tanks. There simply is no tanking for me in the stock system. AB was much better than cool features amizaur even found the correct optic for the Stug III F/8 he fixed many huge frustrating points about tanking in RO and he added correct armor values and round penetration values for the tanks. Tanking in AB is fun requires teamwork and vilgilance.:)
Great tank maps m8 btw they are classics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PS. I'd like to say, Amizaur saved the tank battles with no doubt in this game, if there wouldn't be AB, I'm not sure I would be still playing RO

Amen brother, his mut has kept my interest in the armor aspects of RO for quite awhile! For me personally I find it hard to play tank maps without it, but again that is just my opinion, and to each his own. All my thanks to Amizaur for his hard work and all others whom work so very hard with their maps, muts, and mods, so we can continue to enjoy this platform.

Upvote 0
I very much appreciate the work & infuence Amizaur has had on RO with AB,
AB has had he has given RO that extra realism/sim edge that us older Gamers like. It's not all flash bang change's AB gives, it takes a little time adjust play style, but the reward is worth it.
(I quit playing 1942 after 1 month because of the cartoon style game play.)

The criticism I've read (not just about AB) is probobly ment to be constructive,
but when the obsessive nit picking starts to seem over the top I say to myself "well, do it yourself then Einstien".
Anyhoo-It would be great if Amizaur came out w/ 3.0 or 2.9 or whatever just so It works w/ the latest RO patch, It would be a blast to use AB on Keystone/DH stuff!

Upvote 0
Anyhoo-It would be great if Amizaur came out w/ 3.0 or 2.9 or whatever just so It works w/ the latest RO patch, It would be a blast to use AB on Keystone/DH stuff!

Not sure if I understand you correctly (probably did not) 2fisted but I have seen/played with Amizaur's AB Mut on all the latest maps ( TWI's patch map, Customs, and Keystone's) and by the way, it works just as sweet on infantry maps as well imo!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Guys,
where can I download the last Armored Beast version? I've read a post saying to look at RGN website, but in their forum I didn't find where and found no other place for RO mods.

Thanks

Sorry you were not able to find it Kafia. It is in the TWI-Red Orchestra section of the RGN site. Look then in the RO OstFront-Full MODs area of the that forum in the sub section RO-Mutator Down Loads. You will also find all the custom maps, and everything you could want for RO:OST 41-45, all there for you to down load at the RGN site.

Here is a link for Amizaurs AB mut there:

http://forums.raidersmerciless.com/muts/ro_muts1.htm

Upvote 0
Many Thanks

Many Thanks

Thank you very much guys for your quick and complete answer.

It was my fault, I looked at RGN forum as guest, because usually you can look at forums sections (or at least topic titles) without registering, and decide to register later.

Now I registered and all the submenus and the stuff is available, surely I'll plunder everything.

Upvote 0
seen/played with Amizaur's AB Mut on all the latest maps ( TWI's patch map, Customs, and Keystone's) and by the way, it works just as sweet on infantry maps as well imo!

You read it correctly, for some reason I thought AB was limited in ability after the last TW patch. Not sure why I was thinking that.

Thx for clearing that up for me OneShot. :)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, guys, but lately Amizaur was mostly offline and had a definitely bad time, to the point that in about a week he is going to a hospital, so... this is the reason why the 2.07 was not finished and officially released, even though there were only some gunsights to adjust over 1000m.

And is not goint to be finished (at least by me) untill I return from where I'm going and have time for it again. Then... maybe... some final version. 20% chances for it.

Sorry for that, but that's how things looks now.

Keystone has the current mod sources, I send them to him having just such case in mind. Anyway they can be decompiled without problem (only without comments) if someone wanted to read them or make own subclasses.

Now in about a week I'm going to be DEFINITELY offline for some time.

Ami

P.S. There is a SLIGHT chance that Keystone, alone or with some help, could make the last required for 2.07 gunsight changes and test them. If I were convinced that they are set correctly and everything is ok, I could aprove this version for official 2.07 release then. There is about a week to do that.

Please do not contact me directly, contact Keystone instead, I'll try to stay in email contact with him, untill I leave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0