• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSh needs historical buffs now that the Mkb is here.

However I do agree with your other point that perhaps the PPSh recoil, and heck maybe even MG34/DP28, should go down a bit. Say 20% reduction on the base recoil (don't forget it goes down with experience too.)

In that case I'd lower the recoil of the Mkb42 slightly as-well, esp. the sideways recoil which is more severe than in reality.

But to be honest, I'm quite happy with how both guns (Mkb42 & PPSh41) are portrayed atm, even if there are some very small inaccuracies in recoil. I just wish the PPSh41 had the drum mag from the beginning :-/

HOWEVER, note that the recoil will become lower & lower the more experienced your character becomes with the weapon, and perhaps up to 25% lower at max lvl. This would simulate a soldier who is very used to each
weapon very well, as his recoil control obviously will be much better than the average grunt.

Upvote 0
But we can both agree that it doesn't remotely compare to the Mkb, right?
You are 100% right, because the two are not comparable. One fires a full rifle round while the other fires a shortened rifle round. One is a battle rifle while one could be considered an assault rifle.

Honestly, this would be like comparing an M14 and an M16, and saying that the M16 needs to be nerfed because it is too accurate and has no recoil. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know whether the developers' intentions were to try and balance them or not, but what ever they did was right. The two aren't equals, plain and simple. (Plus the Mkb42 should not even be there.)

I do agree that the PPSh needs to have its recoil lowered, however.

Since when was war ever balanced??? "rabble rabble this is a video game, not war, rabble rabble." BS, don't use that argument. This game was meant to be realistic, not rock-paper-scissors.

Upvote 0
How about you actually read the original post instead of skimming through it? Try doing that from now on so you don't make misinformed posts that are frustrating to read.

I never said the AVT should be balanced with the Mkb. I said it sucked compared to it, which it in fact does, and that the PPSh could be made more realistic which would also have a side effect of balancing the game. There's nothing wrong with balance if it's achieved within a historical context. Which is ironic since the thing causing the problems, the Mkb, has no historical right to be in the game to begin with.

Upvote 0
How about you actually read the original post instead of skimming through it? Try doing that from now on so you don't make misinformed posts that are frustrating to read.

I never said the AVT should be balanced with the Mkb. I said it sucked compared to it, which it in fact does, and that the PPSh could be made more realistic which would also have a side effect of balancing the game. There's nothing wrong with balance if it's achieved within a historical context. Which is ironic since the thing causing the problems, the Mkb, has no historical right to be in the game to begin with.
I read your full post. Maybe you should have read mine instead of skimming it. I was reinforcing your point, but I guess you didn't see that.

I also said, "I do agree that the PPSh needs to have its recoil lowered, however."

And I also said, "(Plus the Mkb42 should not even be there.)"

You, sir, skimmed my post.

Upvote 0
I read your full post. Maybe you should have read mine instead of skimming it. I was reinforcing your point, but I guess you didn't see that.

I also said, "I do agree that the PPSh needs to have its recoil lowered, however."

And I also said, "(Plus the Mkb42 should not even be there.)"

You, sir, skimmed my post.

"Honestly, this would be like comparing an M14 and an M16, and saying that the M16 needs to be nerfed because it is too accurate and has no recoil. It's absolutely ridiculous."

"Since when was war ever balanced??? "rabble rabble this is a video game, not war, rabble rabble." BS, don't use that argument. This game was meant to be realistic, not rock-paper-scissors."

I never said the Mkb should be nerfed or that anything should be balanced in a gamey way; this is what you suggested. You didn't read my post, don't pretend that you did. If so you have serious problems in the reading comprehension department.

Upvote 0
I think changing the Prototypes from "Assault Role" to "Elite Rifleman" is a delicate issue.
MANY MANY people paid the extra for the DDE and Tripwire wants to make sure that these people get their moneys worth. It's VERY hard to keep everyone happy.

Making the default selection MP40 or PPSH for assault would help a LOT, as people often just pick the role and go.
Having to click an extra time to SWITCH to an inferior weapon makes it just silly.
In addition, the compromises Id suggest are:

1. Give Assault AND E Rifleman access to the prototypes in Relaxed realism.
E. Rifleman only in Realism.

2. Implement Squad select that scales to how many people are currently on the server. So until you hit 16 people on a 32 max server, there are only half the non-rifleman roles. On full servers the extra MKBs ect. dont have as big an impact after all.

Upvote 0
"Honestly, this would be like comparing an M14 and an M16, and saying that the M16 needs to be nerfed because it is too accurate and has no recoil. It's absolutely ridiculous."

"Since when was war ever balanced??? "rabble rabble this is a video game, not war, rabble rabble." BS, don't use that argument. This game was meant to be realistic, not rock-paper-scissors."

I never said the Mkb should be nerfed or that anything should be balanced in a gamey way; this is what you suggested. You didn't read my post, don't pretend that you did. If so you have serious problems in the reading comprehension department.
You're right. I didn't read just your post; I read a lot of the posts below yours AS WELL. Those two semi-paragraphs of text weren't directed at you. You just let them be.

Upvote 0