• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSh needs historical buffs now that the Mkb is here.

Is it so hard for you people to pull the mouse down while you shoot the PPSH?

The recoil might be a bit over the top, but if you actually do some work while shooting and try to compensate for the recoil this gun has, you will see that you can actually spray people down with good accuracy.

Imagine yourself shooting the real PPSH. You all saw the youtube clips of people shooting it. I never used the gun myself but think of it this way, as soon as you pull the trigger the gun will start firing, your natural body response is to tighten your muscles and firmly hold the gun as you shoot. If you just relax your arm the gun would probably jump around like crazy. Apply the same on your mouse and you will have no problems.

I actually prefer the PPSH to the MP40, I only wish I had the drum mag:mad:

But the problem with that is that my natural response to hold the gun steady means I fail to compensate for recoil with a mouse ;)

It is not as hard as people make it out to be. Also, bursts! Full-Auto is for morons.

Upvote 0
But the problem with that is that my natural response to hold the gun steady means I fail to compensate for recoil with a mouse ;)

It is not as hard as people make it out to be. Also, bursts! Full-Auto is for morons.

You know what I meant...Pull the mouse down and all is fine, it's a damn smg, short range you don't even have to compensate, just spray the bastards down. For long range it's like you said. Bursts and single shots.

Upvote 0
Is it so hard for you people to pull the mouse down while you shoot the PPSH?

The recoil might be a bit over the top, but if you actually do some work while shooting and try to compensate for the recoil this gun has, you will see that you can actually spray people down with good accuracy.

Imagine yourself shooting the real PPSH. You all saw the youtube clips of people shooting it. I never used the gun myself but think of it this way, as soon as you pull the trigger the gun will start firing, your natural body response is to tighten your muscles and firmly hold the gun as you shoot. If you just relax your arm the gun would probably jump around like crazy. Apply the same on your mouse and you will have no problems.

I actually prefer the PPSH to the MP40, I only wish I had the drum mag:mad:

Call Of Red Orchestra - YouTube

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
I agree with OP somewhat. Personally I've been using the PPSH nonstop to take out those damn MKbs it works... sometimes. I think I may just be extremely good with the PPSH (possible evidence) Though I do like to claim my spoils from that damn MKber and take that rifle to take out the rest of his assault squad using them with the semi-auto fire.

To me the PPSH doesn't need recoil reduction too much the thing had recoil but who holds it down? You do. Physically, not your soldier. In those videos they are holding the damn thing tight. But I do agree on that the RPM does seem slower 75% of what I would say RO1's was and what it is IRL.

MKbs just need to be VERY limited. Like 2 people limited. Commander and Assault Squad Leader.

AVT is fine where it is. Don't give TW ideas to mess with it!

Upvote 0
The PPSH is a bit off but it is no way unusable. Fire control is a big deal with it, I do wish it had a fire selector though. As far as the MKB goes, it needs to be a commander only item, with 1 or 2 players total allowed to have them. These weapons were not widely distributed.

What needs fixing is the AVT40. It has some weird lag crap that happens whenever I fire it full auto, yet I can work an MG34 no problem.

Upvote 0
OK, so if we just have to fight the recoil on the PPSh like IRL, then what is the soldier in RO2 doing when he fires the MP-40? Is he totally limp wristing it too, letting the gun just fly all over the place?

Didn't think so. He's gripping the gun tight, managing the recoil. Tone the recoil down on the PPSh to match this. It doesn't have to be as little (though it ought to be, IMO), but it needs to be a lot less at the bare minimum.

Upvote 0

Thats not really all that impressive, I've been just as successful using any automatic weapon in RO2. Sure the MKb is good, but thats not the problem. The MKb is just easy compared to other weapons, and it isn't that other weapons need to be tweaked, it is that people need to practice.

It would've been cool if those were all hipfire kills, then that would be something to start posting.

Reactions: the_Monk
Upvote 0