• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Point blank range 3 shots to the chest no kill

Guys every time people mention this TWI comes in and says "please reproduce"

So I suggest you get fraps up and try to recreate, if you need somebody to shoot at ill join a empty server with you guys and we can try to recreate.

I think it happens on higher ping server though, not sure. I've had it happen to me a couple times to.

Yes, please! We are completely unable to reproduce this particular issue in the office. We can't be certain it's actually a problem if we don't have hard evidence of it's existence.

Upvote 0
150 hours and you only have 350 kills, you sure? i have 120 hours and 2,500 kills.

KuHF9.gif

Now, back to topic

Last edited:
Upvote 0
isnt shooting through walls part of the game? or am i wasting my ammo? sware i read that it had realistic bullet penetration
SMG's goes through thin stuff (wooden fences), rifles and MGs goes through most walls (MKB42 included), AT rifles will kill you through anything.
Not sure what it has to do with anything, but yeah there's penetration.

Upvote 0
SMG's goes through thin stuff (wooden fences), rifles and MGs goes through most walls (MKB42 included), AT rifles will kill you through anything.
Not sure what it has to do with anything, but yeah there's penetration.

because if you read the original post carefully youll see:

"Also how can you get shoot by a rifle etc behind a wall with no body exposure what so ever i think some incerrect hit detection is present and i wish somebody would fix the speed of manouver every body i seem to fight against seem to be super marksman and super human."

thats why :p

Upvote 0
I have had it a couple times that i ran into a enemy close up, and really close, like 1 meter, i have had many WTF :confused::eek: moments when that happened, i saw the other guy getting shot and he still got me, i asked the guy if i even had hit him and he said no... So there is something wrong with up close shooting.

And it's not lag or latency! I always make sure to play in a server that has very low ping.

Upvote 0
While I have not experienced these problems myself, I can see that stressed servers+projectile ballistics can produce a lot of WTF moments at new players.

Had TWI put client-side hitscan crap detection I bet none of these threads would exist. But that would also mean RO2 would turn into another point and click mainstream fps.

And yes, give us a video showing clearly this problem on a normal ping server because when I play I put them down like clay pigeons.

Upvote 0
=Also how can you get shoot by a rifle etc behind a wall with no body exposure what so ever i think some incerrect hit detection is present and i wish somebody would fix the speed of manouver every body i seem to fight against seem to be super marksman and super human.

Bullet penetration. Flimsy walls won't protect you from high-caliber rounds, and he can kill you without actually seeing any part of your body.

Upvote 0
While I have experienced what is being described in this thread I do not believe the problem to be hit-detection OR network latency.

After reading the following thread: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68693&highlight=tickrate[/URL]

I can see the argument that sometimes it might be "cover" getting in the way somehow, but mostly I now mostly believe the problem has to do with the default server's MAXIMUM tickrate setting (server ROEngine.INI), the player's configured internet speed setting (player ROEngine.INI) and total player-count on the servers.

For instance.

We have tested the following on our server:

sf. Shoot First [Tactical] - TE & CD

SERVER HARDWARE:
Core 2 E8500 3.16Ghz, 8GB RAM, 3MBps upload bandwidth

SERVER CONFIG:
- Changed the default MAXIMUM (20) tickrated on the server to (40). Warning! This DOUBLES the CPU usage on the server.

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
MaxInternetClientRate=20000 (Default = 10000)
NetServerMaxTickRate=40 (Default = 20)

- Changed the player count from 32 to 24 players just to be safe for testing.

CLIENT CONFIG:
- Changed our client "configured internet speed" settings in the local player ROEngine.INI's

[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=20000 (Default = 10000)

After almost a week of testing we believe that making these changes has made a significant difference in what can be described as "bullet travel time", "hit markings/effects" and in general what has been described in this thread as "hit detection loss".

Feel free to join our server anytime to test this theory for yourselves. Also, while those of us members located in the same province in the server noticed no change until the server filled up some the members located in California (with a usual 110 ping to the server) noticed an immediate improvement.

Upvote 0
I'm inclined towards the Ping theory, which explains why none of the TWI guys can reproduce it.

I have repeatedly shot someone who was prone or crouched and holding still, <100m away, and had a VERY noticeable delay between "Bang" and "Wet meat smacking sound". Like up to 1/3-1/2 second, which is of course an absurd time to target for any round @ that range, let alone a smokeless ~.30 rifle bullet.

That being said, why the hell are nearly all of the populated servers so damn laggy?

Upvote 0
It might have a -lot- to do with overpopulated servers. I've restricted my playing to 40 or less servers, and I haven't noticed the issue in quite a while.

Maybe it's just the big, 64 man servers? I can get great ping (60 or so) on some of them, but still suffer the hitscan issues and lag. Try playing on smaller servers and see if that helps?

Upvote 0