• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People are just itchin to get back to RO2

Mickg

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Hi guys just looked at my thread about update from the devs, which by the way was a very quick response from Yoshiro and i was very supprised to see over 2,400 viewings in 48 hours Which tells me there are 2,400 possible players out there, And just itchin to get back in the game once it's patched.
I think the future looks good for the multiplayer attendance to rise shortly and the game will not be as dead as some people have quoted in this forum.

Thanks for reading :D

Hi guys just looked at my thread about update from the devs, which by the way was a very quick response from Yoshiro and i was very supprised to see over 2,400 viewings in 48 hours Which tells me there are 2,400 possible players out there, And just itchin to get back in the game once it's patched.
I think the future looks good for the multiplayer attendance to rise shortly and the game will not be as dead as some people have quoted in this forum.

Hahahaha!
Oh boy....thanks for the laugh. :)

PS: I alone looked more then 8 times in that thread or even more after Yoshiro answered. Now think again about your theory. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
I've already put close to 96 hours on the game, the only two things that bother me are that the game is blocking the server list and when you aim the and the weapon is crooked.

Other than that it's a fantastic game and people should stop complaining about how the 'massive array of bugs wreck the game' when they clearly don't. (Except for server bug which literally does stop me from playing ;) )

Additionally those that are opposed to the leveling system don't seem to realize just how much you need to play to get significant unlocks. My biggest unlocks after 96 hours are: level 50 Kar 98, level 44 SVT-40, and unlocked enemy weapons for squad leader. To max a weapon takes a really long time and to max a class, I'd guess would be around 200 hours per class. The unlocks don't really do all that much to give you an advantage either. Max 25% bonus to particular weapon stats and some pretty basic weapon unlocks like a slightly better scope for sniper rifles, or knives for melee. The class unlocks pretty much just ensure you have the same weapons as your enemies. Therefore balance = maintained.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im not going to spend any more time on it til they remove or extend lockdown, every tense game is ruined by this. Just came off october map and we were just capping it the obj after some hard fought progress when this crap kicks in. Just totally fed up with this game-breaking "feature".

Upvote 0

Keep in mind that even players who enjoy the game and play it just fine now can and do read threads that have problems they're not having, such as myself..... as well, you can have the same people coming back into that thread to read any updates, thus an increase on viewings.... so that number of 2400 is probably less ;)

Upvote 0
If WWII was fought by nearsighted, overweight, out of shape, alcoholics, then yes, it was very authentic.

Otherwise, it was just harder and less accessible.

huh...

Not as though RO2 fares any better. Regardless let me redefine the term "authenticity" so that you have a clearer understanding:

"authenticity with regards to the historical accuracy of the weapons, and the tactical maneuvers used in the time period."

I feel like i'm talking to a lawyer. i dont quite understand the nearsighted comment though

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pixel hunters.

In RO:Ost I sit 24" from a 19" screen and find I still find myself leaning in to 12". (why yes I have measured. :) )

On my 42 " Screen I'm 3' leaning in to 2'

RO2 I'm 24" to 18" away. I haven't tried on the 42" yet.

My wife is convinced I'm going blind.:D

oh.

i always thought that was just a limitation of using a monitor. ARMA2 is the only other game that attempts to remedy this.

Honestly never found it to be much of a problem.

Upvote 0
i dont quite understand the nearsighted comment though
The FOV and lack of zoom in RO1 made a man-sized target all but disappear completely at 150 meters. Anyone with eyesight that bad would have to get vision correction before they'd be issued a driver's license, because they'd be unable to read road signs. It might have worked if the game was modeling warfare in 1742 rather than 1942...

Upvote 0