• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

So what does that prove? Nothing. We don't know about a console version yet but it was planned that is why the PC version has already X-Box buttons in it.

Nothing, all I know is they were having serious fps issues to port it to x360 (and my source for this is not a website so there is no link, you can choose to believe it or not as I'm not even gonna try to prove it nor do I care really)

True is that if its PC only or not at the end is just speculation from websites (like the one I sent you, but the first time i saw that news was in a spanish one).

If somehow they manage to end up porting it to the consoles, it wouldn't change the fact that all the issues they were having and their own history of releasing games with bad performance tells me that this one is not gonna be an exception.

There is also one preview of the game in a spanish website that already mentions how hardware demanding ArmA2 is.

Anyway, you tell me when you buy it ;)

Edit for post n

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The grain-filter is probably just shopped over the screenshots to trick the eye into thinking it's seeing more detail as it is.
The soldier on the left has a weird pose. Looks almost as if he was prone on something that is angled up too far and now he is angled up too. Lighting on him is pretty bad. The bushes on the hill looks tacked on. Either because they are just shopped in there or because of the lacking shadow. The first person weapon's skin looks pretty low-res, especilly if you think away the grain-filter.

Looks more than good enough for me (as the sheer size is the main draw in the end) but it doesn't look very high-end, tbh.
ArmA2 looks like it has the potential to look better, on the right hardware...

Upvote 0