• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Open Beta Program for Killing Floor

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
We are offering all KF players and server admins the chance to join an Open Beta Program for future changes to the game.

The first features to be tested include Surround Sound support for Vista and Universal Plug'n'Play Support for Hosting Servers, as well as a new map white-listing system that will allow us to update the white list far quicker than before.

The Beta Program is now available to all. To take part, individual players can chose to opt in to the Beta by changing the Beta Participation option in your Steam Settings. Server admins can opt-in to the Beta by running the hldsupdatetool with the following command line addition: -beta kfwebwhitelist. Please remember that this IS a Beta program and that you will only be able to play with players/on servers that have opted in to the Beta. You can always opt back out of the Beta at any time and restore the original version of KF.

Major_Day

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Wouldn't it be nice if they done the same with HoS, when the time is right of course.
After all Microsoft did it with Windows 7, and to good effect i say.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
What short memories some people have. I do recall a semi open/closed beta before the launch of RO:Ost....

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
The new system should allow Tripwire to update the white list without having to push a new build out to the end users making updating it a much faster process.

New builds = TESTING TESTING TESTING..... and MORE TESTING!

knightmare106

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2009
forgive me but i dont understand what the plug and play support is for hosting a server. can someone explain that?

and good luck with the whitelist attempt, its very much appreciated that you are not being stubborn about your whitelisting decision and are trying to find something that fits between what you guys like and what the community asks for, this is why i wanna buy you guys a sofa

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
To help listen servers so they "hopefully" won't have to open ports manually.

Bio666

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
I dont have the CD version, but just for the sake of asking, how people using CD will be able to opt-in an option on Steam?

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Open Beta Program for Killing Floor

We are offering all KF players and server admins the chance to join an Open Beta Program for future changes to the game.

The first features to be tested include Surround Sound support for Vista and Universal Plug'n'Play Support for Hosting Servers, as well as a new map white-listing system that will allow us to update the white list far quicker than before.

The Beta Program is now available to all. To take part, individual players can chose to opt in to the Beta by changing the Beta Participation option in your Steam Settings. Server admins can opt-in to the Beta by running the hldsupdatetool with the following command line addition: -beta kfwebwhitelist. Please remember that this IS a Beta program and that you will only be able to play with players/on servers that have opted in to the Beta. You can always opt back out of the Beta at any time and restore the original version of KF.

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
So this plug'n'play thing is supposed to enable players to host a server without playing with the ports? i just tried it and i didnt see my server in the list. I also played around with the ports today to see if i could get it working but to no avail.

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
Hrmm, that should be working. Can you check something for us, please? After making sure that none of the Killing Floor ports are open on your router, can you host a Listen Server, then check your Router to see if the ports were added to the port configuration?

Thanks!

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Does he also have to make sure upnp is turned on on his router?

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
Still no luck, i removed everything from my router settings that i set up today and then opened a listen server and still didnt work. Im a little confused with tampering with router settings but i can say i didnt see anything different in there. ALso upnp was on.

arramus

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Residing in Japan
Server's up.

arramus | Open Beta

I've added 2 custom maps that are not whitelisted, KF-CarryOnUpBeta16 and KF-CarryOnUpSmogBeta16, and would like to test the new whitelist feature.

Do we need to add such maps to the regular request area?

Last edited: