• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open Beta Program for Killing Floor

yes i'm interested in knowing exactly just how this new web based system works.

On this thread you mention how all of the previous maps have been added to the white list, But there's no change on the WhiteList List:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34248[/URL]

PS, have you removed old versions of maps from the whitelist - like there's 4 versions of KF-last-hope

Upvote 0
KF-CarryOnUpSmogBeta14 (Not Whitelisted). Unable to receive performance rewards.

wave1_hs.jpg

wave1.jpg

KF-CarryOnUpSmogBeta16 (Whitelisted). Able to receive performance rewards. The server had been booted up before KF-CarryOnUpSmogBeta16 had been added to the whitelist and this came into effect when the server was rebooted.

wave2.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks like it's working quite well. Thank you for testing that with us, arramus.

I updated the White List thread soon after posting that it had been updated on the White List Request thread. Things marked with "Beta Only" on the White List thread are the Maps that were added.

Old versions of Maps are only removed by request or if it has a well known exploit position. We generally want all non-cheating maps to be White Listed. Exploits exist in almost all maps, so we only remove the maps that are known to be highly exploited.

Upvote 0
The first features to be tested include Surround Sound support for Vista

I remember a VERY upset forum member who used to rant for days upon days about this on multiple message boards when KF was released...if he's still around on these forums, I'm certain he'd be willing to help... Z Overlord, I believe it was, in this thread:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=31285

Might be worth sending him a PM to let him know if he's still around...

Upvote 0
Does he also have to make sure upnp is turned on on his router?

Yes, without UPNP turned on on your router, the "new system" will not work.

Some routers have UPNP ("Universal Plug and Play") turned off by default, so unless you turn that on, it will not work, ever.

If you go through more than one router, you gotta make sure UPNP is turned on on all the routers "up the chain." I'm not sure if it works like that either...

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

I am willing to give this a go on my public hard server. Since I support a lot of betas. I do not want to do this if no one plays in the server though. If I get some I am in people I will do it. :D Also my servers are dedicated. So do I add the line to the end of the command start up in the config? If enough interest I also have a normal server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember a VERY upset forum member who used to rant for days upon days about this on multiple message boards when KF was released...if he's still around on these forums, I'm certain he'd be willing to help... Z Overlord, I believe it was, in this thread:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=31285[/URL]

Might be worth sending him a PM to let him know if he's still around...

A patch just came out for Vista not to long ago for me. Completely messed up my sound settings. I had to reset my sound card to all my old settings. Went into KF and no sound. I had to adjust my sound options in the KF after that. It worked again. Weird.

Upvote 0
I am willing to give this a go on my public hard server. Since I support a lot of betas. I do not want to do this if no one plays in the server though. If I get some I am in people I will do it. :D Also my servers are dedicated. So do I add the line to the end of the command start up in the config? If enough interest I also have a normal server.

You add it to your HLDS update script for downloading/updating kf.

Upvote 0
You add it to your HLDS update script for downloading/updating kf.

Not sure what this is. I have gameserves as a provider. I hit the update mods line in the server. I also added the script into my command line at the end. Thought it was strange about the gap in it. Last time I tried I could get in my servers however. Not sure if it is working or not. Picked a map and no headshots registered. I also put a couple support tickets in just in case I missed something. They need a link for the download. I do not have one. So guidance would be nice.

Upvote 0
Just to confirm the maps I could earn reward points with the latest patch update for sharpshooter class.

EARNING REWARDS
All stock maps
KF-CarryOnUpBeta16
KF-Stealth-Final
KF-Abandoned-Base-Final
KF-Streetsv3
KF-AspenManor
KF-NagomiSou
KF-Swamp
KF-Prison
KF-Refugev2 (Downloaded from the TWI Comp Map Server -- This version is awarding points but there was a version after this one. This one has the KFDebug left on by mistake and multiple spawners are visible outside the perimeter. Another final version was added just after this without the debug turned on)
refugedebug.jpg

This was tested over multiple servers.

NOT EARNING REWARDS
KF-DeepThrustV1 (This map is whitelisted and on the TWI competition map server but doesn't allow class selection or apply reward points.
KF-Abandoned-Base-V4 (This map is not whitelisted)
KF-Chthon09 (This map is not whitelisted)
KF-DammageV3 (This map is not whitelisted)
KF-OviamoreV33 (This map is not whitelisted)
KF-MaryLuxV33 (This map is not whitelisted)

This was tested over multiple servers.

LISTEN SERVERS
I could also see and join DarkAngel's (300+ ping) Listen Server. He informs me that he didn't need to open any ports or make any special changes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0