• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next mid-week update

[CoFR]BooBoo said:
Give me an Mg.34 and I'm a happy camper.

No, really. I'll find a bottleneck and live there. Happily. As long as I have ammo.
I hear that german campers really like pineapples. Perhaps the F1 variety? :p

I just had an idea, but I'm not sure it would work. What if instead of having to walk around and pick up individual stripper clips or stick mags you could just grab the ammo belt off a fallen teammate/foe and strap it on? Could that work?

Upvote 0
The screens look great but arent the uniforms supposed to be more greyish green instead of bright green? More like this:

watch.sized.jpg

Compared to this:

colorrep0wf.jpg

I realize its not that big of a difference but from all color photos they look grey with a greenish tint not green with a greyish tint.

And russian uniforms Ive read were earth-brown and not bright tan. It looks too colorful to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I amnot sure, but there might be different skins or uniforms for different time periods or depeding on the map. How do you know which uniform the guys in the real picture are wearing, 36, 40, 43? And the ones in the ROOST pic?

You have to take that into consideration and from the ROOST pic, it looks like its a bit of a cammo uniform they got. Its got different colors through out, or different shades. So its not exactly what the guys in the pic you provided are wearing.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Yeah I understand. I just didnt think the troops that defended the Reichstag were wearing green camo. I wouldnt be surprised at all if i was wrong. It just looks a little out of place to have green camo on a wartorn and grey backdrop.

Actually by looking closer I noticed those are smocks or overcoats they are wearing in the ROOST shot. So their actual uniforms are underneath it. I might be wrong but it seems that way, and this was a common practice. Lot of the Ponchos or smocks the troops had especially SS and late war the Heer, were cammo and could be worn as a overcoat. Which it looks that way in the picture.

Upvote 0
The screenie that had impressed me the most would be the second one. It has a few of the new features in it.

We've got the guy on the ground crawling, a new animation no doubt. There's the MGer deployed, and it looks to me that if you are deployed but not in IS, then your head is in freelook, which would be good. That means you could set up in your spot and scan the area without having to change position of the gun. I understand that you can do that now, but I often play rifles, and I want to do it ont he move, which makes it a bit awkward to press an extra key.

And the guy on the far right (I think he's last guy, I can never seem to get all of the screen shot in the frame, and there are no scroll bars) is leaning out to take a peak. Notice that his gun is not up and ready to shoot. That could mean a number of things.
A) You can't shoot whilst leaning, period
B) You can only shoot when leaning out on you dominant side (ie. you can only shoot whilst leaning out on the right hand side if you're right handed)

Or any other interpretation anyone else would like to come up with. Well, that's how I see them anyway. Otherwise, brill screenshots!

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
The screens look great but arent the uniforms supposed to be more greyish green instead of bright green? More like this:

watch.sized.jpg

Bear in mind, the color balance on this photo is pretty far off. Look at their skin, unless these guys are suffering from Jaundice, the photo is too yellow. If this is corrected, I suspect their uniforms would look even less green, and more grey.

Also remember uniforms may not have been that "uniform" over the entire war from coast to front. There's a lot of variation in the textiles used, dyes, etc. So much like the tanks, you can't point at any one and say that is the definative uniform/tank/whatever.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:

watch.sized.jpg

Compared to this:

colorrep0wf.jpg

I realize its not that big of a difference but from all color photos they look grey with a greenish tint not green with a greyish tint.

And russian uniforms Ive read were earth-brown and not bright tan. It looks too colorful to me.
That is sertanly troo but under sun any uniform is loosing it's first colour aspecially in the field conditions :)

Upvote 0
Color pics from WWII are always tough to judge for correct color balance. Vagaries of film and processing make it hard to tell if the colors are anywhere near accurate. There's a famous photo of a P-51 Mustang in the Pacific with blue camo on the upper surfaces. The tech who processed the film did it incorrectly - the blue was actually olive drab camo.

Can't find the photo online or I'd post a link. I have a great pic, but unfortunately it's in one of my reference books in a storage shed in Utah.

Upvote 0