• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next mid-week update

Wohoo... its looking better and better... though the second pic... so many russians in a small area... where is that nade when you need one...

And yes, the first shot looks great (I assume you can pivot the mg at the actuall pivot? not at your waist?) just plain excited to soon get to actually play RO:O.

I do hope you get over whatever you have Wilsonam, hate being sick myself, no fun at all.

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
Nice screenshots, I will have fun deciphering all of the hidden meanings contained within :)

However, I feel that I must point out that......oh arrghhh, it's happening again.....arrrghhhh!!!!.......STOPPPP!!........MUST....NOT...NITPICK...ABOUT....POSITION OF....................... SUPPORTING HAND....FOR......M....G!!!!!! OMG SDFJKOSD!@#$!##!@! (/dies)

:p

Upvote 0
Awesome. Very nice screenies. Koenigsplatz keeps looking better and better. Is that shot of the Russians advancing from the Tiergarten? It cant be that big can it? Thats gonna be the first map I play in practice mode when I get it.

The Russians look so cute in their little brown suits.

However, one thing I noticed though, is that it seems ALL of the player models look almost exactly the same on all the maps shown so far. Like the Germans all have A-frames and they're loaded exectly the same. They all even have the same belt grenade. Same with the Russians, they all have that generic bag hanging, regardless of the class. Also it seems the Germans or Russians for that matter, don't have the
appropriate pouches and stuff for their class.

Will there be any more variety added on eventually? Like each class look different and have different load outs?

As my esteemed comrade from Austria pointed out(Dragon2k) , I'd also like to see SS unis added and hope they are in.

Anyway, outstanding job and hope your all feeling better. Remember to get lots of vitamin C, so drink lots of Screwdrivers. :)

Upvote 0
There are more models (I was worried too). Not as many as in the mod (like the SS are missing from Konigplatz) but we would rather have the game in march than in july. So we can wait :D and support th devs by buying now so that they CAN give us all the cool new stuff.

More $$ for devs = more content for us. New weapons, new models, new skinks, more variation, more maps, more vehicles. MORE MORE MORE. And as a SUPER bonus, they might even feel inclined to develop a game on UE3 :D.

So basically yes, I would love to see more "customized" player models, maybe with MG ammo hanging somewhere, or an ammo box in a hand. Those little things that can really take the game to the place where noone has gone before.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
There are more models (I was worried too). Not as many as in the mod (like the SS are missing from Konigplatz) but we would rather have the game in march than in july. So we can wait :D and support th devs by buying now so that they CAN give us all the cool new stuff.

More $$ for devs = more content for us. New weapons, new models, new skinks, more variation, more maps, more vehicles. MORE MORE MORE. And as a SUPER bonus, they might even feel inclined to develop a game on UE3 :D.

So basically yes, I would love to see more "customized" player models, maybe with MG ammo hanging somewhere, or an ammo box in a hand. Those little things that can really take the game to the place where noone has gone before.

Agreed. :D

Also want to say the lingering smoke looks absolutely awesome. It's really gonna add alot of ambience. And they lighting looks superb. Nice contrast between light and shadow.

And speaking of noticing the little details, I like the D-ring on the belt that's attached to the Y-straps. :D

Also, if you look on the Game Informer screenshots, you'll see a German tank commander poking out from a Panther. New tank uni whoohoo! Tho it's kinda hard to see.

Oh, that's another thing; the way the commanders look peering outside of their tanks is incredible. So natural and such a vast improvement over the mod. It's hard to believe it's the same engine.

Upvote 0
Yeah a swig of brandy or whiskey can loosen the chest if you have a cold, not to mention 'warm' you up a bit :)

So, about the uniforms/player models. Let me get this straight then: there will be only one player model for each side?

I do not understand. In the mod, you have German NCOs and Assault troops with mag pouches, where the riflemen have a belt for holding rifle ammunition, etc. so I do not see why in ROOST there has been a transition to one player model?

In this just misinformation, I mean can a dev confirm if there is only one player model regardless of class?

EDIT: You know though guys, we might be overreacting. The more I look at some of the screens, particularly past ones, the Russian NCO has a different cap, and it appears some Russians do not have the bed-rolls around them either. Also, I noticed in one screen from a past update a Russian with a helmet as oppossed to a cap, and let us not forget the winter camo from earlier updates.

Further, we have to consider that the pictures of the Germans all have been, to the best of my knowledge, riflemen or MG guys. In the one pic of the close up of the Reichstag, the German riflemen have the correct belt, so we just have to see a pic of a German model with a StG or MP40 to see mag pouches.

I doubt the devs would add winter camo, as well as historically correct tanker uniforms, and not have mag pouches or similar attire where appropriate. My guess is that these pics simply don't exhibit them. As for no SS in the KonigsPlatz, maybe the SS models are still in final stages? Or, because ROOST will be distributed internationally as a retail product, are SS symbology and insignia not allowed to be displayed, e.g. no death's head or runes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jack said:
I doubt the devs would add winter camo, as well as historically correct tanker uniforms, and not have mag pouches or similar attire where appropriate. My guess is that these pics simply don't exhibit them. As for no SS in the KonigsPlatz, maybe the SS models are still in final stages? Or, because ROOST will be distributed internationally as a retail product, are SS symbology and insignia not allowed to be displayed, e.g. no death's head or runes?

I believe the latter to be the case. In a few European countries it is illegal to display SS runes, Deaths Head and Swastikas. So if Tripwire wants to make as much money as possible world wide, they most likly made the smart decision of taking out the SS. This way they will be able to have much more sales over seas.

I'd like to have the SS on the respective maps, but if they are not in, oh well. No big deal.

Upvote 0
Actually, I should probably find out what the hell I'm talking about before I post. (Omg I just ownd myself!)

The "generic bags" that all the Russians have are apparently gas mask holders. Some most of the models look like they also have a secondary bag, but I think it's the rain cape. Anyway, if they don't already, it'd be nice if the Russian mgers had a secondary MG ammo bag, as seen here. Anyway, I really know nothing about the Russian unis, so I shouldn't comment.

Actually, ya Jack, now that I looked, all the German guys have the correct pouches. The only exeption, and the one that spurred my comment, was the MGer as he lacks the MG tool pouch and possibly the pistol holster. You can see a guy here, and he has mp40 pouches and a cap.

But aside from those things, they all appear to have the exact same uniform and the equipment loaded out in the exact same fashion: A-frame with Zeltbahn roll and messkit, gas mask can, breadbag with canteen, early pattern entrenching tool with bayonet and a grenade crazy-glued to the right side side of the belt. It would be nice to see some variety between classes in how they wore they're equipement.

They're uniforms also make a very nice early Barbarossa impression. But in the late war maps it would be nice to see the gaiters and short boots in place of the jackboots; maybe some camo smocks or a guy wearing his Zeltbahn.

I'm not sure what the rules are in Europe, wether it's just the Swastika that's banned or if it includes the SS runes. But you can still have SS uniforms and not show the complete insignia. Whatever people's opinion of them, they did have quite a big role in the East and fought in some very important battles and so should definitely be represented.

Upvote 0