• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New trailer

I was most amused by the trailer, but I gotta say- how OLD is that gameplay footage? Alpha? The clips used in the first flashback look really off.

I personally know that RO2 has great graphics, :) but new customers may not, and there are plenty of gamers who see a moment of poor graphics and lose interest completely. Hopefully the PC gaming demographic has more sense that; and this has no negative impact on saleability.

(plus PCGamer has/is doing a fine job of making RO2 sound like the game that will save PC gaming)

Otherwise, great! Look forward to the next trailer!

Upvote 0
I was most amused by the trailer, but I gotta say- how OLD is that gameplay footage? Alpha? The clips used in the first flashback look really off.

I personally know that RO2 has great graphics, :) but new customers may not, and there are plenty of gamers who see a moment of poor graphics and lose interest completely. Hopefully the PC gaming demographic has more sense that; and this has no negative impact on saleability.

(plus PCGamer has/is doing a fine job of making RO2 sound like the game that will save PC gaming)

Otherwise, great! Look forward to the next trailer!

The clips in the trailer looked great, what are you smoking?

Please tell me those tank sounds are placeholders?

That's the only thing you could come up with after watching the trailer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The clips in the trailer looked great, what are you smoking?
That's the only thing you could come up with after watching the trailer?

Those users always remind me of this:

xIpuc.jpg

-Why do you need this up here?

-Because some people can't be truly happy unless they can complain

Reactions: Alexei and I. Kant
Upvote 0
Next one they will probably be promoting the German weapons, with a small German kid asking his grandad "what was it like? :p

perhaps.. but unlikely imho.
the game is called heroes of stalingrad afterall, so i'd say they'll focus on the Soviets in their ad-campaign.
add that a trailer like that gets old fast(-er) when you make alterations,
and that it would mean a loss of originality in the whole campaign...

:palso hoping for another vid like that from the german side:D

Upvote 0
im sorry but this sucked.

The kid gets way annoying. Who sits there and yells grandpa 30 times? Its shows minimal gameplay. Not to mention the worst look "Granpa" dont get me wrong the actor looks fine but if thats his real grey hair then im crazy.

Now that being said tripwire is still awesome in my books.

Just I rather disliked this "trailer". I have a bunch of friends Ive been wanting to show this game to and they arnt convinced until they see some real intense multiplayer footage. I dont blame them either.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Well I guess you can't please everybody.

I just watched it this time with the audio and I actually liked it even more.

I found it quite funny actually.

For those complaining about how this video didn't show a lot of the game play, keep in mind that Trip did say they were going to start a marketing blitz, and I imagine there will be more than just this to come..... it's a teaser to get people interested and get the word out for the game, then there's plenty of room and time to put out more stuff.

It's a knock on the door at this stage.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0