• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ReservedSlots (white-listed)

The new version is still not released, because I have to do some rework on the kick if server is full feature. For this reason no new version is yet available for downloading. Also keep in mind that any new version will have to be submited for white-listing or else the server will go unranked. The white-list procedure normally takes at least 1 week.

Upvote 0
Think I found the bug where the server still would end up full. Have made a patch and will PM it in the next day to a few server owners/admins and ask if they can test it. Also improved the privileged player management. You will now be able to add a player to the privileged player list by selecting him from a current players dropdown list in the web-ui. From now on also the player name will be saved with the steam id. This way you don't need to dive into the log files to get the unique id of that player.

All this will be in the test version which I will send out (that will probably be on Wednesday).

Upvote 0
As of today the latest revision of the mutator has been white-listed. This release comes with a fully functional web-admin interface. Managing your list of privileged players is now a piece of cake. The download link can be found in the OP.

Please note that the previous version of this mutator is removed from the white-list. Running that one will unrank your server. You must install the newest version to keep your server ranked.

Upvote 0
It's the screw my GSP feature. It secretly increases the maximum number of slots by 2 to compensate for the 2 slots that you lose when you use the kick if server full feature.

Example:
Your server is a 32 slots server. When you switch that option on, then the mutator will force the maximum number of slots to 34, though it will keep the maximum number of players at 32. This means your server will still behave like a 32 slots server. With that option off, then your server would only allow 30 players. Unfortunately does that option not work with a 64 slots server, because some vanilla RO2 code prevents the maximum number of slots to go above 64.

Keep in mind that GSP's might not like this behavior. They will see 34 slots on a 32 slots payed server. You will have to explain them that the mutator does keep the player count at max 32. ;)

Upvote 0
Well there is one thing that I did think of. A server can have 64 player slots and for instance 2 spectator slots. In that case if the server has 64 players, then people could join as spectator and then change to player state. RO2 supports this since the RS integration. In we get that working, then priv's could still join the server if 64 players are on it. They join as a spectator. Next select a team and the mutator should then kick a player. I will see if I can implement something like this. Then we can trick the GSP's and the server will still be able to hold 64 players.

Upvote 0
New version has been submitted for white-list request on August 8 2013.

Change log:
  • Solved bug that caused bots to stack at one side.
  • Solved bug where all current players would be selected if an admin tried to use the pick player button to quickly add a new member.
  • Added member subscription feature. This allows server admins to give members a guaranteed server slot for the length of their member subscription.
  • Improved the add/edit member interface.
  • The Privileged Players tab in the web-ui is now the default tab. Before it was the Settings tab.

The upload link will be moved to the new version as soon as it is white-listed.

Upvote 0