• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ReservedSlots (white-listed)

I did look at the log file. All looks to be normal in that file. No error message with regards to the mutators settings class. Mutator version is also correct. It really puzzles me why you can't see the mutator settings. I've tried it many times on my server. But always I could see it. I could even see it when the mutator was not loaded/started at yet.

Upvote 0
Curiously I have exactly the same issue as Ostfrontromantik.

I have:
  1. Ensured all seven files were correctly extracted
  2. Used tis command line to start: start c:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\rogame te-Apartments?minplayers=10?maxplayers=64?mutator=ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator -seekfreeloadingserver
  3. Attempted passing this as a URL parameter when changing map: te-Apartments?minplayers=10?maxplayers=64?mutator=ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator
  4. Cleared the 'HasSettingsCache' entries in ROWebAdmin.ini
  5. Made sure HasSettingsCache=(ClassName="ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots",hasSettings=True) is set

And still now webui for reserved slots :(

Log shows:
[0003.92] ReservedSlots: ReservedSlots revision 78 (Build: 2012/11/21 21:33:51) by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0003.92] ReservedSlots: Using MutatorEx revision 57 (Build: 2012/11/21 21:33:51) by ~{W|L}~Ducky.
[0003.93] DynamicMapRotator: DynamicMapRotator revision 31 by ~{W|L}~Ducky and -=THOR=- is active!!!

Will continue to prod and annoy it to see if I can bully it into co-operating :D

Upvote 0
Was there any way to allow the server to fill to capacity when using this?

Almost. Your server will lose at minimum 1 slot.

You can set NumberOfReservedSlots to 1 (or 2 for the balance) and set bKickIfNoMoreEmptySlots to true. A clan player can then always join the server, because 2 slots are still open. The enabled kick will kick players if all slots are taken.

Upvote 0
Web Admin issues continued

Web Admin issues continued

Have given up bullying it, tried being nice as well. Then I thought of using the Chrome debug console.

When selecting the Mutator drop down to attempt to edit/add players I got:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'jQuery1365679834563' of undefined jquery.js:21
jQuery.extend.data jquery.js:21
a.widget.tabify jquery.js:195
a.widget.init jquery.js:193
c.(anonymous function).(anonymous function) jquery.js:76
(anonymous function) jquery.js:75
jQuery.extend.each jquery.js:21
jQuery.fn.jQuery.each jquery.js:13
c.fn.(anonymous function) jquery.js:75
(anonymous function) mutators:71
(anonymous function) jquery.js:45
(anonymous function) jquery.js:45
jQuery.extend.each jquery.js:21
jQuery.extend.ready

So looks like JQuery is barfing for some reason.
Tried IE, Chrome and FF - same result.

Upvote 0
The JQuery part for mutator selection is not part of the mutator, but from teh vanilla RO2 web-ui. The JQuery version that it uses is also outdated (2009). But the weird part is that I am not getting this error. I can see the settings page on IE, Chrome and FF.

Edit:
After reading your post again, then I noticed that you were trying to add users. This would mean that you did get the settings screen properly displayed. Right? If yes, then what syntax are you using to add a user?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well this is the thing, there is no Reserved slot specific dialogue boxes showing when that is the selected mutator. The page presented is identical to the other users page, the JQuery errors are triggered when I click the dropdown to select the mutator (I have no others available so it is a blank box with only ReservedSlots as a pickable choice).

I don't get the opportunity to input anything :(

Mutator works using the clan tag prefix though, as input by directly editing the ini file.

Upvote 0
Same issue.

Same issue.

I am also running into this problem.

As the other posters have done I have checked the files and they are installed accordingly.

Checked off the boxes when changing the map and/or added the URL variables. Tried all three ways.

The mutators are listed on the "Current Game" screen and show up under the "Mutators" screen in the edit settings box.

Clicking on the mutator only shows the Description value from under the [BotDetonator ROUIDataProvider_Mutator] section of the .ini file. No settings are there to adjust.

This happens to BotDetonator, ReservedSlots, and ServerEX for me.

Upvote 0
:( It did work before. Maybe I do need to rebuild the mutator (because the downloadable one is build against a previous RO2 patch). I will do that later on on and post the binary here for you guys to try it out. Though it still doesn't explain why it works on my server. Weird!

A new build will however require a new white-list request. But if one of you guys can test if a new build does solve the problem, then at least we know that after the white-listing you can use it with functional web-ui and staying ranked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am also running into this problem.

As the other posters have done I have checked the files and they are installed accordingly.

Checked off the boxes when changing the map and/or added the URL variables. Tried all three ways.

The mutators are listed on the "Current Game" screen and show up under the "Mutators" screen in the edit settings box.

Clicking on the mutator only shows the Description value from under the [BotDetonator ROUIDataProvider_Mutator] section of the .ini file. No settings are there to adjust.

This happens to BotDetonator, ReservedSlots, and ServerEX for me.
Ditto for me. (I don't run BotDetonator so I can't confirm that mutator)

Upvote 0
I've made a new build. This one is build against the up-to-date RO2 SDK. I would appreciate it if someone can try it out. Please note that these files are not white-listed. It's just a try-out to see if the settings screen will be displayed or not.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54368035/Mutators/ReservedSlots/ReservedSlots-Rev81.zip

If that new build still doesn't work, then there is one more thing that you can try. And that is to manually tell the web-ui which class to load for the mutator settings. You do that by:
  1. Open ROWebAdmin.ini with a text editor
  2. Lookup the setion that starts with [WebAdmin.QHDefaults]
  3. To that section add SettingsClasses=(ClassName="ReservedSlots",settingsClass="ReservedSlots.ReservedSlotsSettings")

That section should then look something like:
Code:
[WebAdmin.QHDefaults]
GeneralSettingsClass=WebAdmin.GeneralSettings
GameplaySettingsClass=WebAdmin.GameplaySettings
AdditionalMLClass=WebAdmin.AdditionalMapLists
WelcomeSettingsClass=WebAdmin.WelcomeSettings
[COLOR="Yellow"]SettingsClasses=(ClassName="ReservedSlots",settingsClass="ReservedSlots.ReservedSlotsSettings")[/COLOR]
HasSettingsCache=(ClassName="ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots",hasSettings=[COLOR="Yellow"]True[/COLOR])

Edit:
An other thing that you can try is to change the mutator's file name into lower case. Thus ReservedSlots.u becomes reservedslots.u. The UE3 code looks for package names in lower case characters. If the server is installed on a Windows based file system, then there is no problem, but if the file system is for instance Linux based, then it does matter. This could explain why I do not have this issue, because my test server is fully running on a Windows machine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still no luck.

Still no luck.

We tried the new set as well and the same problem is present.

We are hosted through Gameservers and not on a dedicated machine. Other than that I don't know what would be different to cause it not to work for us. It is odd that the description shows up, but not the rest. I would think it would be all or nothing. So something is being recognized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To annalise the web-ui bug, can someone (which has the problem) please select the mutator on the Mutator page of the web-admin and then save the HTML code of that page? For instance in IE you can do that by right-click on the page and select View Source in the drop down menu.

Please zip that HTML code and attach it to this thread.

Many thanks in advance!

Upvote 0