• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] ReservedSlots (white-listed)

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
It will be difficult to test an unwhite listed version as I won't get 64 people into an unranked server.

But I can test the basic features.

titsmcgee852

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 27, 2013
Cat's server shows the 62/64 when full; is it possible that the server can straight away give the 'server is full' message when clicked on, as opposed to my computer loading the map then being kicked and receiving the same message like it is now? It's kind of annoying

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
Since the April 21th 2014 path, the ReservedSlots.u file should now go into the ROGame\BrewedPCServer folder.

Paulchen Panzer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2012
Hamburg
www.44id.de
Hi Ducky,

since your last important post to advice that servers should not use ReserverdSlots.134 cause of CPU Overload a long time now has gone. I would like to know if there will be a new Version of ReservedSlots or not. Would be nice to know.

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
The high pings due to CPU overload weren't caused by the mutator iteslf, but due to people connecting to it and downloading the mutator file from the server. If you place the mutator file on a redirect and configure the redirect correctly, then the pings will stay lower. I know that Cat_in_da_Hat is still using this mutator without having any issues other than not being able to add more than 100 members to his member list from out of the web-admin. A fix for that is on the edge of being released for white-listing.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
The new version doesnt like Reserved Slots. Will crash the server when it starts, however if you do a map change and load the mutator that way, then the server will work fine and the mutator will load.

I was trying to use SmartLoader to delay the start of Reserved Slots but the delayed start feature doesnt seem to be working.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
PMed the log to you.

I'm not expert but this seem odd.

0004.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'IReservedSlots': Can't find file for package 'IReservedSlots' while loading ..\..\ROGame\BrewedPCServer\ReservedSlots.u
[0004.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'IReservedSlots': Can't find file for package 'IReservedSlots' while loading ..\..\ROGame\BrewedPCServer\ReservedSlots.u
[0004.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'IReservedSlots': Can't find file for package 'IReservedSlots' while loading NULL

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
It looks like the IReservedSlots.u file is missing on your server. That file is an interface file that allows other mutators to interact with the ReservedSlots mutator. It's mandatory for the ReservedSlits.u to run.

Can you check if the IReservedSlots.u file still exists on your server? It should be located in the same location as the ResevedSlots.u.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
hi mate, yep that fixed it. I am buggered how I lost that file. its been working fine up until the update. Maybe the update deleted that file. strange stuff but its all working fine now. thanks mate.

kuus2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2015
Howdy,

it seems that contrary to the OP adding ?mutator=ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots to the command line does not work, but rather prevents the server from starting.

I am able to activate the mutator manually from the Change Map page.

[0012.49] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x977965 (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]
Address = 0xcf5d43 (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]
Address = 0x44ee0a (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]
Is there a workaround to this?

I am using the Rev134 and replicated the behavior on 2 servers.

ReservedSlots.u is in ROGame\BrewedPCServer
IReservedSlots.u is in ROGame\BrewedPCServer
defaultreservedslots.ini is in ROGame\Config
in ROGame\Config I also see ROReservedSlots.ini and ROReservedSlotsMembers.ini

Below are some examples for working and broken startup scripts. Please note that the spaces are added automatically by the forum software.

start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-apartments?maxplayers=64?mutator=ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots -seekfreeloadingserver
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-apartments?maxplayers=64?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx,ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots -seekfreeloadingserver

start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-apartments?maxplayers=64?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx -seekfreeloadingserver

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
It's a known bug which TWI needs to address. If you add any mutator with the name ReservedSlots to your commandline, then the server will crash. It even happens when you create a mutator that doesn't do anything and name it ReservedSlots. The bug has been reported to TWI, however 'till now it isn't resolved.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
Yeah its bugger its not able to start in the command line. We have to start it manually every couple of days. Which TWI would sort it out or provide some kind of feedback.

evilpikka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 13, 2013
Hello,

I have the same issue as Cat in da hat. When i start the ServerEx it stays activated for some random number of maps, sometimes its active during 7-8 map changes, sometimes it's switched off after 1 map change.
Yesterday i started it 2 times but it deactivated on second round of the same map.

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
Any word on a fix for Reserved Slots not wanting to start on server start Mr Duck?
Nope. That bug can't be fixed by me, because it's caused outside the reserved slots code. If you take a perfectly working mutator .u file. Rename it to ReservedSlots.u and start the server with it, then your server will crash. If you take the original ReservedSlots.u file and rename it to something like BlaBla.u and start the server with it, then your server won't crash. It looks as if it's all in the name.