• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] KFL Mod

Misery01,

The player levels issue is due to the way the leveling was coded out.
In the classes they built out cases up to level 20 and left a calculation for anything beyond 20... problem seems to be that the calculation does not seem to work right. So at this stage I see two options either fix the calculation or build out more cases.

In the classes you find the perk definitions: KFLPerk*Perkname*.uc
Which each have an individual case scenario built out for the levels.
Eg.
{
case 0:
FinalInt = 27500;
break;
case 1:
FinalInt = 37262;
break;
}
and so on up to case 20.
Since I have been tweaking this mod I will likely build out more cases beyond 20 myself.
Many thanks to KFL for offering the source.

I had to fix the M41A for the same issue.
Edit the KFLvXX.ini

Make sure you have entries like this:
TraderInventory=3:KFLv92.M41ACPickup
TraderInventory=3:KFLv92.M41ACNadePickup

TraderInventory=6:KFLv92.M41ADPickup
TraderInventory=6:KFLv92.M41ADNadePickup

That has it working for me.

just wondering if you've made any progress with that, that you could share. it looks like a daunting task for the uninitiated. it would sure be cool to get the perk levels up to 40 or 50..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just wondering if you've made any progress with that, that you could share. it looks like a daunting task for the uninitiated. it would sure be cool to get the perk levels up to 40 or 50..

I have figured out how to fix this with the help of a good friend.
It is more a matter of changing another file in the server perks mut to accommodate the changes in KFL.

Upvote 0
In SRVeternancyTypes.uc change the CurLevel value to 20 because the KFL team built out the cases to 20 in the perk classes.

static final function int GetDoubleScaling( byte CurLevel, int InValue )
{
CurLevel-=20;
return CurLevel*CurLevel*InValue;
}

ServerPerks was built around KF using the TWI created 6 case system within the perk classes and is able to move beyond that if the 6 case system was not changed.

So if you were to build cases out to say... 50 in your perk classes then you would change that number to 50 to accommodate the case change to ServerPerks.

Upvote 0
In SRVeternancyTypes.uc change the CurLevel value to 20 because the KFL team built out the cases to 20 in the perk classes.

ServerPerks was built around KF using the TWI created 6 case system within the perk classes and is able to move beyond that if the 6 case system was not changed.

So if you were to build cases out to say... 50 in your perk classes then you would change that number to 50 to accommodate the case change to ServerPerks.

let's see if i understand you correctly. i should simply be able to decompile the fixed files that you put up earlier and make the needed change and recompile, right?

if so, what is the switch to decompile? i'm not seeing it immediately on the tutorials.

if it's not as simple as that, it might be much more difficult for me because i'm new at this.

Upvote 0
The file that needs the change is not included in any fixes I have posted.
I do not recommend decompiling it may miss things so start with the provided class files in the source code.

So that means you need to:
- get the source files for KFLv92

- download the fixes for ServerPerksMut on page 6 and put them into the source files for compiling

- edit the SRVeterancyTypes.uc file

- recompile the mod to create new KFLv92.u and KFLv92.ucl files that include the mut fixes and perk leveling fix

Upvote 0
the file that needs the change is not included in any fixes i have posted.
I do not recommend decompiling it may miss things so start with the provided class files in the source code.

- get the source files for kflv92

- download the fixes for serverperksmut on page 6 and put them into the source files for compiling

- edit the srveterancytypes.uc file

- recompile the mod to create new kflv92.u and kflv92.ucl files that include the mut fixes and perk leveling fix
!-rename the package-!

Upvote 0
The file that needs the change is not included in any fixes I have posted.

- get the source files for KFLv92

- download the fixes for ServerPerksMut on page 6 and put them into the source files for compiling

- edit the SRVeterancyTypes.uc file

- recompile the mod to create new KFLv92.u and KFLv92.ucl files that include the mut fixes and perk leveling fix

!-rename the package-!

Right so ....
I meant recompile by creating a folder in your Killing Floor directory named KFLv9x ( x = something other than 2 ). Then put a copy of the KFL source code classes folder inside.

Edit your KillingFloor.ini
In [Editor.EditorEngine] add
EditPackages=KFLv9x

Then use something like WinGrep to find and change all references to KFLv92 to your new KFLv9x name for all the class files. There will be many references to change.

Then use ucc make to compile the mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right so ....
I meant recompile by creating a folder in your Killing Floor directory named KFLv9x ( x = something other than 2 ). Then put a copy of the KFL source code classes folder inside.

Edit your KillingFloor.ini
In [Editor.EditorEngine] add
EditPackages=KFLv9x

Then use something like WinGrep to find and change all references to KFLv92 to your new KFLv9x name for all the class files. There will be many references to change.

Then use ucc make to compile the mod.

Should have done that from the start.

Upvote 0

I did not manage to recompile the file with the modifications,
Did you make it ? If yes, you can share the file KFLv92.u with CurLevel to 50 ?

Thanks to you !

Upvote 0
Fix?

Fix?

Is anyone working on a fix for this mod to run correctly on server version 1044?

I was able to connect to the server after adding the following files from my client to the server...

KF_DLC.utx
KFmod.u
KFmod.ucl
ROengine.u

After that I could connect and the "normal" zeds spawned fine, but none of the custom enemies spawned. Also, the server crashes upon spawning enemies using RTD and so far I've found it crashes when using the molotovs.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm unable to recompile this successfully. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it always aborts due to errors then says Failure - 1 error(s), 371 warning(s). From what all I could see most are from errors in scripting for special zombies and on certain custom weapons.

I'm currently only using the original mod files and source code along with the updated classes that Coroner posted last month. If someone could point out what I've done wrong it would help me greatly as I'm wanting to also learn how to customize this mod further.

If anyone can recompile the mod and post a link for it here I would be so grateful.

Upvote 0