• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] KFL Mod

Thank you so much for the compiled files.

Here's a link to the UCC log file with the errors from compiling...
http://www.krimsontidegamers.com/kf-downloads/files/UCC_log.txthttp://www.krimsontidegamers.com/kf-downloads/files/UCC_log.txt

Also, the mod is still not working correctly. The custom enemies from RTD and most others on regular spawns are not working. When the ones from RTD spawn all you see are shadows and when you attack them it crashes the server. I'm assuming there are files missing from the update?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its because the new xmas zeds call on a different name so the KFL mod calls for the original zeds
So, this means the mod basically needs rewriting throughout?

I also did a comparison of files and file sizes between the client and the server and it found 281 files that didn't match. These consist of sounds and textures so I'm currently uploading those and will test again.

Upvote 0
try using marcos KFCHarfix in this section that should sort it
Thank you. This has stopped the server crashes and the spawns from RTD now work again. The only major thing not working right now are the custom zeds spawning during regular waves without using RTD. The main thing is the server is playable again.

Also many thanks to Coroner for the lvl 20 fix. This has helped bunches.

I'll get started on customizing the mod and will try fixing the spawns in the process. I do have one question. Does anyone know how to get the doom bot to actually level up the rambo? I've looked at the classes and it says it's linked to stalkers and bullpup damage as far as I can tell, but yet it doesn't count towards levels.

Upvote 0
Is anyone working on fixing the custom zed on this mod so they spawn during the waves again normally? I was going to try to recode it myself, but I simply don't have the time right now and currently this is making my server boring to play on and losing popularity. I would greatly appreciate if someone could post a working version of this mod.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Waves not working

Waves not working

hi, can someone help me. Everytime I launch a listen server all the waves are empty. I checked my ini and it has wavemasks defined like below

Spoiler!

As I really like this mod I would like to play lan but all waves are empty and i'm stumped at what it could be.

Upvote 0
DD85. the main issue is that your game is listing special event zeds. Remove the _HALLOWEEN extention for each zed or zeds reference (is the correct you have not updated the instalation since Halloween?). Better yet update your game to the current version and it will be taken care of. Yes you could use the latest version SP. KFL is based on SP for much of it's code. That would take a lot of knowledge and know how to do so. Just try updating first. The full and complete spawning problem has not been fixed yet but you will get some zeds just not the special squads. We are all hoping that Demon will come to the rescue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
uh, everything but the special monsters in squads works in the kfl mod.

all these creatures can be rolled in the rtd but they don't appear in the squads. they also appear in the squads on the boss rounds.

i know very little about the programming but it seems like there could be a suitable workaround if someone with the knowledge would just devote the time to doing it.

and why does tripwire bite the hands that feed them by breaking the game every three months for the people running modded servers? it seems to me these server admins play a large role in keeping the game alive. why do they disregard us when they make these seasonal updates?

Upvote 0
uh, everything but the special monsters in squads works in the kfl mod.

all these creatures can be rolled in the rtd but they don't appear in the squads. they also appear in the squads on the boss rounds.

i know very little about the programming but it seems like there could be a suitable workaround if someone with the knowledge would just devote the time to doing it.

and why does tripwire bite the hands that feed them by breaking the game every three months for the people running modded servers? it seems to me these server admins play a large role in keeping the game alive. why do they disregard us when they make these seasonal updates?

/shrug

Upvote 0

Not sure, but the amount of achievement junkies is most likely higher then people that play modded servers. Or at least TWI thinks that, but I think those numbers are greater.

Upvote 0