• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] HUD Slot Machines

card icon size...

card icon size...

I agree with Tiro about the size of the card icons. I play the game in 1080p and the card Icons are very HUGE on my screen. The top 25% of my screen
is covered where the slot reels are when the slots start to spin. The size is rather distracting and I am glad that they eventually do disappear from the hud. However, I also would like to know what I could do to lower their size onscreen. Reducing their size by 50-75 percent would be ideal for me personally. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
well the slots mainly use the icons from the achievements ie the bloat card uses KillingFloorHUD.Achievements.Achievement_30 icon.

I guess you could just rename, resize this icon and then point the slots to use it

Although i would look at this section of the slotcard

static function DrawCard( Canvas C, float X, float Y, float XS, float YS, float Alpha )
{
local Material M;
local float S;
M = Default.CardMaterial;
if( M==None )
return;
if( Alpha==0.5 ) // Middle, fullscreen.
{
C.SetPos(X,Y);
C.DrawTile(M, XS, YS, 0, 0, M.MaterialUSize(), M.MaterialVSize() );
}
else if( Alpha<0.5 ) // Roll in.
{
C.SetPos(X,Y);
S = M.MaterialVSize();
Alpha*=2.f;
C.DrawTile(M, XS, YS*Alpha, 0, S-(Alpha*S), M.MaterialUSize(), Alpha*S );
}
else // Roll out.
{
Alpha = (Alpha-0.5f)*2.f;
C.SetPos(X,Y+Alpha*YS);
S = M.MaterialVSize();
C.DrawTile(M, XS, YS*(1.f-Alpha), 0, 0, M.MaterialUSize(), S-(Alpha*S) );
}
}

you might be able to resize from there but not sure tbh

BUT if you do make sure you rename the package to avoid possible version miss-matches

In theory (as i have not tried) it should display your resized icon instead and hence a smaller one

I guess i could do this is enough people wanted but should be fairly simple to do

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The cards seem tied to your resolution X value, when using a multimonitor resolution (5980x1080 in my example) the cards take up 1/2 the centre monitor.

My fix,
I changed a line in SlotsMachine.u so that it will use the resolution X value if below 1920, if above, it will just use 1920

in
simulated final function DrawCards( Canvas C )

you'll come across this line about 5 rows down
XS = C.ClipX*0.07;

change to
XS = fMin(C.ClipX,1920)*0.07;

===
Why Sanguivore's cards are so large at 1080p i have no idea though.

Tiro: to make them even smaller, where i have 0.07 change this to a smaller value, maybe 0.04

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excuse me, today I tried the "Ultimate Chimera Card" but when I spawn the Chimera in the game sometimes I can't find, or it's stucked in some wall and it can not move. There is a way to fix it?
I put UChimera.u in System folder, and UChimera_rc.ukx in the Anymation folder. I also tried to copy UChimera_rc.ukx in System too.

Anyway cool mut! I really use this all the time with my friends :)

Upvote 0
Well the chimera spawns on a random path node in level. It does not actively hunt for players like normal zeds, it just slowly walks around and starts chasing down players or zeds as it sees them, instant killing them in one bite.

The reason it might not appear sometimes is that it may spawn outside of play area (like at zombie spawn points).

Upvote 0
Disable and Enable

Disable and Enable

Put an option which you will disable/enable the slot machine in-game. You know what i saying? It's actually a problem if you always see a slot machine rolling when you're killing a specimen and gets a card so you want to disable it for a while but sometimes you want to get a good chances when you are in a big trouble so you will use the slot machine

My point here is make an Option which disables/enables using key bind or in the menu ( i think this is a stupid idea :confused: )

Upvote 0
Put an option which you will disable/enable the slot machine in-game. You know what i saying? It's actually a problem if you always see a slot machine rolling when you're killing a specimen and gets a card so you want to disable it for a while but sometimes you want to get a good chances when you are in a big trouble so you will use the slot machine

My point here is make an Option which disables/enables using key bind or in the menu ( i think this is a stupid idea :confused: )

Install KFMapVote and add additional config voting for a game without slot machines.

Upvote 0
lol ,looks awesome will def check out it out.

Checked it out MAN THIS ROCKS!!!! Great Job Man!!!! its like !rtd but better, added all the addons even that crazy chimra one, havent got any of the cool stuff yet, but i guess i could mess with the odds, but i like having a mini game feel to the game when we switch server to non whitelisted muts this fits in nice!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
trying to make a custom card with nothing but failures, anyone willing to try to help me? want to make a bongrip card, (zed time for every kill, And like a rocket smoke sprite for players when they are running around for like 20-30 secs) im just rubbish at this coding stuff.... or any links/programs to help me would be nice to :( ?

Upvote 0
Really cool mutator for fun, drunk play! There could have been a card size option, ideally, true.

Also, this mutator is just pure random fun, but maybe if there was a timing element to it? Like, you seeing the cards spinning, and you have to time the last kill? But, yeah, good fun.

Anybody, know of more addons that just might not have been posted to this thread?

The cards seem tied to your resolution X value, when using a multimonitor resolution (5980x1080 in my example) the cards take up 1/2 the centre monitor.

My fix,
I changed a line in SlotsMachine.u so that it will use the resolution X value if below 1920, if above, it will just use 1920

in
simulated final function DrawCards( Canvas C )

you'll come across this line about 5 rows down
XS = C.ClipX*0.07;

change to
XS = fMin(C.ClipX,1920)*0.07;

===
Why Sanguivore's cards are so large at 1080p i have no idea though.

Tiro: to make them even smaller, where i have 0.07 change this to a smaller value, maybe 0.04

Thanks for the solution. Worked great! '0.04' was the perfect value for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0