• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

well, now you can change that in webadmin or the ini to allow perk switching anytime.

I don't want to allow perk switching anytime. I want to make it like in vanilla game: you can switch perk in trader time, but only once per wave. But in ServerPerks it is bugged: sometimes you can switch perk, but sometimes - can't. To change perk for sure, you're supposed to select it before the current wave ends. But it is very annoying.

Upvote 0
Btw, what about perk switching bug? Sometimes you can't change perk in the trader time even if you haven't changed it before. So you supposed to select a perk before the wave ends to be sure you will be able to switch to it.
Check this out:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=800827&postcount=348[/URL]

This is the fix I have used since this guy come out with it. It works extremely nice but once you die, you can change the perk to anything you want till you die and then change only the once while in that trader time. While in-game and inbetween waves, it works like vanilla does. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Check this out:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=800827&postcount=348[/URL]

This is the fix I have used since this guy come out with it. It works extremely nice but once you die, you can change the perk to anything you want till you die and then change only the once while in that trader time. While in-game and inbetween waves, it works like vanilla does. Hope this helps :)

The problem is that the ServerStStats class is in the ServerPerksMut package, but it has ServerSideOnly flag set in v5.50.
So if I'll try to make any references (e.g. make a subclass of ServerStStats), clients without ServerPerks mutator installed on their machines will get an error "Can't find file for package".

P.S. I don't want to edit core package, so don't suggest it as a solution.

Upvote 0
The problem is that the ServerStStats class is in the ServerPerksMut package, but it has ServerSideOnly flag set in v5.50.
So if I'll try to make any references (e.g. make a subclass of ServerStStats), clients without ServerPerks mutator installed on their machines will get an error "Can't find file for package".

P.S. I don't want to edit core package, so don't suggest it as a solution.
Well maybe there is a work around to telling it what file to look at in what package? Easy extending could correct that as you may of already extending them already, I dunno.

I personally have a completely altered ServerPerks so that is where we differ.

Upvote 0
I don't want to allow perk switching anytime. I want to make it like in vanilla game: you can switch perk in trader time, but only once per wave. But in ServerPerks it is bugged: sometimes you can switch perk, but sometimes - can't. To change perk for sure, you're supposed to select it before the current wave ends. But it is very annoying.

The user must set the new perk before trader time starts.

Upvote 0
yea i'll second that request - im looking for a remote option - it may not exist in the fashion im looking for.

Im looking for something that can communicate remotely to a MySQL DB server.

Does such an animal exist?

:D

Is not better to think in a webservice instead a direct access to a particular DB? :)

We can start a thread, i think the better will be a local archive, but will be very usefull to have a "queryable" players stats.

I vote to a webservice interface :) that only consist in a url + a few params like:

* from a TCPLink GET *
uid=steamid
item=HeadShot
value=1
action=increase
user=for_security
pass=for_security

* from a php / asp.net /perl *
.- make a conection from the prefered database
.- take the GET array and parse it
.- do the operation specified in "action"

If someone like the idea i can start working in a library, it's a good idea or a waste of time? :)

Upvote 0
Personally I never had this bug. I can always change perk on trader time, so do tell me how exactly you reproduce this then.

Actually I can think of one reason why it would do this:
You try to switch perk once during wave and then you reselect current perk to cancel perk change, by that case it would make you unable to switch perk on next trader time.

Upvote 0
Personally I never had this bug. I can always change perk on trader time, so do tell me how exactly you reproduce this then.

Actually I can think of one reason why it would do this:
You try to switch perk once during wave and then you reselect current perk to cancel perk change, by that case it would make you unable to switch perk on next trader time.

Strange how you haven't encounter this bug yet, because it happens ~90% of the time.
Simple Reproduction:
a) Select the perk
b) Press ready to start the game
c) survive the first wave
d) try to change perk in the trader and get a message "You will become <perk> next wave"

Notice, if bForceGivePerk=True and you didn't changed the perk before the game start (started with the given perk), you'll be able to change it in the trader time.

Upvote 0
Ready time counts as first wave (I think), so it probably flags as already changed perk.

Before the last version with the option to change perk at any time came in it was more of a problem. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to whether or not you could change your perk during trader time.

Now I find it works fine for me, or at least I don't recall having trouble changing perks during trader time. (I dont' do it much so I'll have to have another go at some point.) -Note- This is with the 'free' change disabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strange how you haven't encounter this bug yet, because it happens ~90% of the time.
Simple Reproduction:
a) Select the perk
b) Press ready to start the game
c) survive the first wave
d) try to change perk in the trader and get a message "You will become <perk> next wave"

Same here, another way to reproduce the issue:
a) Press ready to start the game (do not change the perk);
b) Survive the 1st wave;
c) Change the perk in trader (OK);
d) Survive the 2nd wave;
e) Try to change the perk in the trader -> ERROR.

In vanilla game you can change the perk once per wave.

Upvote 0
Same here, another way to reproduce the issue:
a) Press ready to start the game (do not change the perk);
b) Survive the 1st wave;
c) Change the perk in trader (OK);
d) Survive the 2nd wave;
e) Try to change the perk in the trader -> ERROR.

In vanilla game you can change the perk once per wave.

Yeah, forgot no mention: this is not only a first wave's bug, it happens every wave. But sometimes (don't know why) you are able to switch the perk, but very rare. Switching the perk before the wave ends works fine always.

bAllowAlwaysPerkChanges=False, of course.

Upvote 0
GetDoubleScaling

GetDoubleScaling

FinalInt = 9800+GetDoubleScaling(CurLevel,15000);

What do the parts of this line mean? Is it like 9800 plus 15000 every level? or is it like 9800 plus 15000, then 9800 plus 30000(15000+15000) or something completely differnt. I read that this means the amount needed to level multiplies. But by what? Many thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FinalInt = 9800+GetDoubleScaling(CurLevel,15000);

What do the parts of this line mean? Is it like 9800 plus 15000 every level? or is it like 9800 plus 15000, then 9800 plus 30000(15000+15000) or something completely differnt. I read that this means the amount needed to level multiplies. But by what? Many thanks.

That was explained in this thread.

Upvote 0