• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

SteamID doesn't properly work for local hosts. The host of listen servers or solo games will have a jarbled string of characters as their steamid, instead of the 16 digit number. This in turn means different accounts on a local host will be sharing stats.

Yes it seams to return CD-key hash as it does in UnrealTournament 2004. So in this case you can set bUsePlayerNameAsID=True in ServerPerks.ini to enable stats saving by playername.

Upvote 0
Is there a limit to how many Weapons and/or Weapon Categories that you can use with ServerPerks v5.10? I I know that all of my Pickup names are correct in the ServerPerksV5.ini file, but when I launch the server and change levels or GameConfigs the server crashes.

I then removed a bunch of weapons that I recently added to the ServerPerksV5.ini and found my server to be stable.

Right now in my stable ServerPerksV5.ini file I have 13 WeaponCategories and 117 weapons.

However, I am wanting to use 22 WeaponCategories, which I can narrow down if this is the problem, with 228 weapons. I do have some weapons that I could remove if the limitation is something in between 117 weapons and 228.

Or is it a character limitation in the file? With spaces I see that I have 11,291 characters.

Edit (1): I just kept on adding more weapons until it couldn't handle anymore. I found out that the magic number was 135 weapons, 16 weapon categories (pretty sure this # does not matter), or 6,977 characters. What appears to be the important # is the character count. With spaces I have 7,019 characters. Maybe 7,000 is the limit? I will try to add a combination of weapons that hits right at 7,000 to see if it will permit it.

Edit (2): I have found that the limit is in fact in characters. It is allowing me up to 7,0001 characters (no spaces) or 7,012 characters (with spaces) according to Word 2010. Will a future version be able to up the limitation?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there a limit to how many Weapons and/or Weapon Categories that you can use with ServerPerks v5.10? I I know that all of my Pickup names are correct in the ServerPerksV5.ini file, but when I launch the server and change levels or GameConfigs the server crashes.

I then removed a bunch of weapons that I recently added to the ServerPerksV5.ini and found my server to be stable.

Right now in my stable ServerPerksV5.ini file I have 13 WeaponCategories and 117 weapons.

However, I am wanting to use 22 WeaponCategories, which I can narrow down if this is the problem, with 228 weapons. I do have some weapons that I could remove if the limitation is something in between 117 weapons and 228.

Or is it a character limitation in the file? With spaces I see that I have 11,291 characters.

Edit: I just kept on adding more weapons until it couldn't handle anymore. I found out that the magic number was 135 weapons, 16 weapon categories (pretty sure this # does not matter), or 6,977 characters. What appears to be the important # is the character count. With spaces I have 7,019 characters. Maybe 7,000 is the limit? I will try to add a combination of weapons that hits right at 7,000 to see if it will permit it.

Could you bring the log lines for the crash? That would help a lot to narrow it down...

Upvote 0
Released a new patch to this mutator (5.50) and as always you can find the download link from the first post. This turned out much larger than what I expected.

Also anyone can feel free to help me create different translations of this mod by editing the included .int files (you get with the download) with some text editor, then paste your translations on PasteBin and post the link on this thread along with the information of which language you translated it to and the translation file format (as example: French = .frt, Japanese = .jap, English = .int) and I will include it with the mod download.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello. Where source code for 5.50 version?

Strange i am decompile mut, just decompile. After that compile back. No errors, all runing fine. But when i am connected on server my game interface broken...why? What i miss? If use just compiled mut from this first post no broken interface in game...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello. Where source code for 5.50 version?

Strange i am decompile mut, just decompile. After that compile back. No errors, all runing fine. But when i am connected on server my game interface broken...why? What i miss? If use just compiled mut from this first post no broken interface in game...

How about you don't export/recompile the mod for additional version mismatches, unless you can present with a valid reason to do so.

Upvote 0
How about you don't export/recompile the mod for additional version mismatches, unless you can present with a valid reason to do so.

Sry, what you mean? I am tested on clear server without any mutators... I am copy files from archive to system folder and decompile it, because you not give us source code for ver 5.50. What i miss?

Then you share source for 5.50? and i try compile it again? :)

Marco can you explain how its work and for what this?
- Added ability to set custom character categories (by writing in config: <category name>:<character name>, as example):
CustomCharacters=Dead Space:AdvancedArmor
CustomCharacters=Half-Life 2:Combine_Soldier
CustomCharacters=Half-Life 2:prison_Guard

not understand how i cam use it? I need upload model first on server and after add this to my player?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sry, what you mean? I am tested on clear server without any mutators... I am copy files from archive to system folder and decompile it, because you not give us source code for ver 5.50. What i miss?

Then you share source for 5.50? and i try compile it again? :)

Marco can you explain how its work and for what this?
- Added ability to set custom character categories (by writing in config: <category name>:<character name>, as example):
CustomCharacters=Dead Space:AdvancedArmor
CustomCharacters=Half-Life 2:Combine_Soldier
CustomCharacters=Half-Life 2:prison_Guard

not understand how i cam use it? I need upload model first on server and after add this to my player?

Its safty...Marco is fed up with you people fcking around with the package. Extend of it, or leave it alone. You have no choice since decompiling is no longer possible.

Good night!

Upvote 0
Ok, i see. Then its very sad, because i want translate perks for my native lang... Then its not posseble anymore...

Also anyone can feel free to help me create different translations of this mod by editing the included .int files (you get with the download) with some text editor, then paste your translations on PasteBin and post the link on this thread along with the information of which language you translated it to and the translation file format (as example: French = .frt, Japanese = .jap, English = .int) and I will include it with the mod download.

READ! You can edit ServerPerks.int/ServerPerksP.int for language.

Upvote 0
- Set ServerPerksMut.u to have ServerSideOnly flag enabled so dumb server admins can't add it to serverpackages (thus risking for more version mismatch errors).
I really laughed when I read this Marco. Thank you. I feel like you have singled me out here. I could have easily made this mistake being a n00b Server Admin. Luckily, I did not. Anyway, my last final is today. Once I am done with that I am going to work on my server some more. I am trying to eliminate every possible problem myself first before posting my log file in here. Also I need to update my Server Perks to v5.5 now that it has been released. Maybe all of that hard work will pay off and correct any of the problems that I was having.

I really appreciate it Marco. Thank you immensely!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ugh, for the Xth time, you don't need nor edit the serverperks source if you wish to create perks.

Either extend off the existing perks or write custom perks.

For example:

I needed to edit the perks so as to add support for some custom weapons, so instead of decompiling, editing and compiling with out changing the name and creating version missmatches like an idiot I created a package with only perks in it.

So the perks in the ini look like Perks=WPCClassicPerks.WPCVetSharpShooter

My sharpshooter extends off of SRVetSharpshooter. My Commando and Support are from scratch.

Not once have I had to touch the serverperks package.

I might write up a short tutorial as so many seem to be missing the obvious.

Upvote 0
the only reason you would need to edit the main serverperksmut is to add custom stats (for leveling up custom perks as to not conflict with eachother, eg: addin in new damtype to level new perk with new guns)

besides, it's not hard to rename everything, just use notepad++ (or context or whatever you use) to do a search+replace in all files in a folder, then rename the folder.

Upvote 0
the only reason you would need to edit the main serverperksmut is to add custom stats (for leveling up custom perks as to not conflict with eachother, eg: addin in new damtype to level new perk with new guns)

besides, it's not hard to rename everything, just use notepad++ (or context or whatever you use) to do a search+replace in all files in a folder, then rename the folder.

You don't even need to that, it can be handled in the perk class/package if it's only an extra stat.

Upvote 0