• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod Release - KF Gun Game v. 0.50 Alpha

This is an absolutely brilliant idea. I would love to see this adopted as an official KF game mode.

I have always thought KF's guns and the way they are handled are some of the best in any FPS I have ever played. Really can't wait to turn them of live people (at least in-game avatars of live people).

Thanks for all the hard work & I can't wait to give this a go!

Upvote 0
Another Australian server up, 12 slots, has both Gun Game and RPG Mod in the map vote.

Had heaps of fun this evening playing with this mod!

Some things i hope this mod caters for in the future:
- An option for DM as well as TDM
- Ability to have reverse gun list as a flag so we can set it via the map vote game configs, ie reverse=0, it wasnt working when i tried the breverselist=true
- Ability to customize the weapons order
- Ability to set the required kills per weapon also.
- Team spawns blocked off so the opposition cant sit and baserape (at least allow the other team to spawn first!)
- Ability to set a respawn delay.

Reactions: tehmadcap
Upvote 0
Had heaps of fun this evening playing with this mod!

Glad you are enjoying the mod. Here are some answers to your questions:

No plan for this, there are plenty of TDM/DM mutators for KF already out there.

- Ability to have reverse gun list as a flag so we can set it via the map vote game configs, ie reverse=0, it wasnt working when i tried the breverselist=true
This already exists and I know it works 1) because I tested it, 2) because there is a server running it right now. Try setting it in your webadmin, and make sure you switch maps afterwords.

I'll probably add this.

I'm thinking about this, but I'm not sold on it yet.

- Team spawns blocked off so the opposition cant sit and baserape (at least allow the other team to spawn first!)
Doesn't really fit with the simplistic design of the mod. There is already spawn protection for 2 seconds after you spawn. I may up this to like 5 seconds to help prevent spawnkilling.

I'll think about this one, although it kind of goes counter to the fast paced ideal of the mod.

Thanks for your feedback!

Upvote 0
Sorry but just no :) I tried it earlier and walked around for 2 minutes without running into ANYONE on the other team.

hehe I know, but Ive been getting requests for huge maps, and wont hurt having it in the list. We can always remove it offcourse, in a month or so we can see if anyone finds this fun yes or no. (doubt it though...ran in the same problem...but as for sneaking gun game it could be fun to some)

Upvote 0
Glad you are enjoying the mod. Here are some answers to your questions:

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers for your time and effort!!

No plan for this, there are plenty of TDM/DM mutators for KF already out there.
** Sure, but none with Gun Game ;) this would require at another set of spawns per map as well though at last, so i can understand this would be more than just changing a few lines of code to implement.

This already exists and I know it works 1) because I tested it, 2) because there is a server running it right now. Try setting it in your webadmin, and make sure you switch maps afterwords.
** I'll have another play with this tonight, i was hoping to have both Gun Game and Reverse Gun Game in the map vote alongside RPG, it wasnt working when i tried it, but knowing me, i probably had a typo :p

I'll probably add this.

I'm thinking about this, but I'm not sold on it yet.
** Possibly not per weapon ie 2 kills with 9mm 5 kills with mp7, but more like a global flag, which can be set and affects every weapon.

Doesn't really fit with the simplistic design of the mod. There is already spawn protection for 2 seconds after you spawn. I may up this to like 5 seconds to help prevent spawnkilling.
** I'll didnt seem to notice any spawn protection time, but i'll check my settings again

I'll think about this one, although it kind of goes counter to the fast paced ideal of the mod.
** It does, but it does give more flexibility for admins to try different gamestyles, also will help create more of a sense of value of your life, i think this can also be accomplished by changing the MaxLives setting, if i set it to 27

I'm loving Braindeads idea, that could play very well on large open maps, ie Farm

Upvote 0
Hiya All/Ramm,
Just been trying to get Reverse Gun Game working in a mapvote (so people can vote if they want reverse or normal) When selecting Gun Game reverse in the drop down it isn't enabling reverse guns.

my two Game Config's are as below
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFGunGame.KFGG",Prefix="GG",Acronym="GG",GameName="Gun Game",Mutators="NONE",Options="bReverseList=False")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFGunGame.KFGG",Prefix="GG",Acronym="GG",GameName="Gun Game Reverse",Mutators="NONE",Options="bReverseList=True")

In the log when i switch to my Gun Game Reverse game mode, its being parsed as below

Log: Server switch level: GG-1Fort?Game=KFGunGame.KFGG?Mutator=NONE?bReverseList=True
Log: Browse: GG-1Fort?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?Mutator=NONE?VACSecure=false?Game=KFGunGame.KFGG?MaxPlayers=12?multihome=203.14.173.208?bReverseList=True

Ramm, this is what i was meaning that it wasnt working as a flag, it was working for me via toggle in the webadmin, ust not when setting up game configs. If a game config is how it runs (on the server you have seen it running on) any chance of getting the game config?

If my initial query is better explained and you weren't meaning by a game config, then i'd really like this option too ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0