• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Forced max players

I have done as stated and it will not load.

STEAMSTATS: Found Read Only Package /KFMAXPLAYERS.U

I take it that shouldn't happen.

Installed to /system folder, added the correct line to .ini file, set server command to 20 slots and changed in the file provided as well.

Still sits at 0/6 and this includes when I go in game and look at the server browser.

I'm running a Linux machine, CentOS5.7 if that's any help.

Upvote 0
I just tested this mutator out on my server, and I had no problems running it. However, I would like to improve it if possible so that it will work with my webadmin interface. I tried creating a KFMaxPlayers.ucl file and inputting code so that it would appear in my web admin interface so that I can easily switch it on/off and select how many players I would like to join when it is enabled. Well, I made it as far as getting it to appear in my web admin interface, but I somehow goofed up with the class name and/or group name so it would not properly enable whenever I selected it.

Can anyone create the code for this so that Web Admins can easily make these changes?

This would help prevent us from having to shutdown the server and modify the KillingFloor.ini (server.ini) file so that we could then run a whitelisted server.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Got a really big problem on my server with this one.
I just for testing run it and AntiBlocker 1.1 + Server Veterancy Handler V3. Got reserved slots option too.
I set max player to 12 and server took off smoothly with that value, players started to join without any problems... wave started... but when it ended and trader time too there has been a great server lag to all players and server slots matched number of players ingame! so there was 7 of us - max. slots become 7; next wave there was only 5 of us... max players was 5.. ;/
Next map started with default 12 slots... and there we go again...

Please investigate! ;)

same problem here, can't use reserved slots (server ext) with this mut...
anyone sorted this?

thanks

Upvote 0
Also having this issue. Is this something that can be inbuilt with forcedmaxplayers to bypass or possibly with serverperks.

I noticed it when i had ran the DeadSpace mod alongside maxplayers and serverext, (serverext is needed for monitoring and logging) when running these, maxplayers would revert back to 6 players, but this would also change the max players that was set for GunGame back to 6 slots. (RPG wasn't affected as i've bypassed this in the gametype)

Upvote 0
To be honest, I cannot see why this mutator would not be upgraded to whitelisted status because if you think about it, the specimens hp increase (at least for the large challenging ones, like FPs and scrakes) based on the number of people in the game. In addition, the number of zeds in one wave is based on the number of people in the server. Furthermore, with the Antiblocker mutator whitelisted, the problem with players blocking the trader entrance is pretty much solved.

However, since the number of zeds per wave maxes out at 800, then this would mean that there is a cut-off point for the max number of people in order to avoid it becoming less challenging (in terms of the average number of zeds per player). Another problem is that most stock maps are not able to support more than 20 players or so. These problems can be solved easily through coding in the maximum limit for the max players mutator (if a whitelisted version is made).

Upvote 0
Hi Marco,

I'm having a problem. Since maxplayers serverext (reserved slots and
chatfilter) and serverperks v5.51 has run, they worked perfectly.
After updated for ServerPerks v6.00 reserved slots doesn't run
properly. As soon as players connect to, server sets back to 6 slots.

I need an updating if you could, Thanks.

I'm sorry I speak english poorly

Upvote 0
The problem is not the chatfilter!

"...reserved slots doesn't run."

maxplayers + serverperks v5.51 + serverext (reserved slots and chatfilter) = reserved slots works good
maxplayers + serverperks v6.00 + serverext (reserved slots and chatfilter) = reserved slots works not good

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm running ServerPerks and this, and I'm having a problem with the Max Players being set down to 6 from the initial 10 after a single map has passed. Any idea what may be going on, or could a fixed version be released?

I have the same problem!
You use the ScrnBalance or the ServetExt (reserved slots) mutator?!
Because I do, and that's the problem occurs

Last edited:
Upvote 0