• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

May Patch Changelog

Ok, I play commander allot and the 3d voice changes that some of you people want would greatly diminish his roll. How many read the message line without hearing the voice order? Also people saying things like grenade I have never been help by someone doing this, by time he gets the voice out were all dead anyway or we saw the grenade our self

Upvote 0
Good to see a changelog out. Thanks, let's us know what's in store and finally gives us something to look forward to!

Couple questions I didn't see addressed:
-The StuG/SU-76 full deflection shot fires in the wrong direction.
-The nade bug? Been around since ROMod v2.0, BETTER now, but still exists. You throw a nade, you blow up, the enemy doesn't.
-Satchels? They have to be placed against an object to blow it up. If they're a foot away, no damage.
-MG-42 firing way to the left
-MG-34 single shot semi-hipped mode fires in some screwed up direction.
-Deployment/resting----sooooo clunky. I have a really hard time deploying in windows and such, it's like I have to crouch down, look up, then click deploy...soooooooo clunky.

Here's what I'm most excited about:

-Fixed the capture bar not showing the correct force ratio on the lower cap bar when in the driver position of the vehicle.-Fixed some view clipping exploits in Kaukasus.
-Fixed an issue where certain static mesh objects (ones using alpha blended textures) would disappear under certain circumstances when viewed through the 3d sniper scope.
-Modified bayonet stab animations to more closely match where the bayonet damage is occurring (should make it easier to do bayonet strikes).
-Long view distance settings for maps

Upvote 0
Good to see a changelog out. Thanks, let's us know what's in store and finally gives us something to look forward to!

Couple questions I didn't see addressed:
-The nade bug? Been around since ROMod v2.0, BETTER now, but still exists. You throw a nade, you blow up, the enemy doesn't.
-Satchels? They have to be placed against an object to blow it up. If they're a foot away, no damage.
-Deployment/resting----sooooo clunky. I have a really hard time deploying in windows and such, it's like I have to crouch down, look up, then click deploy...soooooooo clunky.

Stug bug was fixed, I just forgot to put it in the changelog (which I just upated to say that it was fixed).

Never seen the "nade bug" you mention in thousands of hours of playing Ostfront since a bug like this was fixed soon after the release. Haven't seen any reports of a bug like this either. It's possible that it might be something that happens in really heavy lag, but if it happens, it has to be VERY rare. Its definitely not a holdover from the mod, since all the weapons code was rewritten from scratch in Ostfront.

I've only ever seen this on custom maps where a mapper hasn't properly set up thier destroymeshes.

Never seen this either, although I have heard a couple of poeple mention it. We'll look into it.

Umm it fires where the barrel is pointed when its at the hip in free-aim, just like every other weapon.

It seems pretty easy for me, and its not likely to change. All you have to do is walk up to a window, look down at the ledge, see the deploy icon, press the button, piece of cake.

If you really want to help, PM Yoshiro and get on the testing team. We're really low on testers, so finding reproductions for some of these things can be pretty difficult.

Upvote 0
What do you use for knowing that the weapons fire off like the mg hipping in singleshot or the mg42 ingame.

The hitpuffs dont display where the actual bullet hits, often you see the hitpuff displayed after the actual recoil hit of the gun. Thatt is mosts likely the case with the mg34 when hipping you fire single shot and then after the extremely enormous recoil of being in hipmode you get the puff show up.

I'll mess around a bith with mgs but you need reallife targets to test on, sinc ethet hitpuffs have always been off. Fire a round with a bolt but keep the mouse pressed the moment you release your finger from the fire button the hitpuff will show.

Upvote 0
Will you fix the Favourite Server-Bug? i am waiting for this since months and it's just minor bug. (the favourite-server feature doesn't work)

what do you mean? my favourites list ingame works fine. Never heard of any bug with it, can you link me to the bug thread that lists your issue :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Umm it fires where the barrel is pointed when its at the hip in free-aim, just like every other weapon.

I had this bug just yesterday night when I fired in front of me but, the bullet hit one of my teammate on the left, between 9h and 10h. However, I can't reproduce this bug often but it append me a lot of time. I can't correct this bug only with "aim/unaim" function but only with an automatic fire and only after, this problem is corrected.
I will try to find how I can reproduce it (if I can)...

By the way... Thanks for this nice patch (update) and the informations you give about it.

PS: I'm just disappointed to see that no modification was made for the enter/exit of the tanks... maybe for the next patch or for RO2 ;)

PS

Upvote 0
3D sound

3D sound

Somebody yells "Tank!", I hear it in "2D". This is not Bf2, so I don't know where
that player is. Therefore, I don't know where the tank is. If simply hear a voice
saying "tank" it doesn't mean anything because I don't know the location of the
person who said it!

Also: the PPSH muzzle flash..
In CoD: UO you see the distinct shape of the flash, should be the same in RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the small brackets next to the voice command there is a hint to the location (you have to know the map, but still 3D voice commands could be an improvement, will not discuss it here).

This huge PPSH muzzle flash is just unrealistic if you fire blank cartridges the muzzle flash is bigger maybe more impressive but there is a huge visual difference beetween life ammo and blank ammo. You often see that in B-Action movies (and Stargate for example).

Yeah maybe it looks nice but we can't use CoD as an example for RO :p

First law of ROism :D

Upvote 0
SERIOUS POINT:

John raised it above, Yoshi before that - if you feel there is a bug we are not addressing, there are two ways to actually deal with it (not counting random mentionsof it on the forums :p ):

1. The best method: JOIN THE TEST TEAM and help us reproduce bugs. If they can't be reproduced, they are almost certain NOT to get fixed. Can't find them - can't fix them.
2. Failing that, try and describe how it happens, when, under what circumstances, on what maps etc etc.

To fix bugs we need information - and that is what testers do for us! Of course, testers also get to see everything well in advance of the general public, too!

Upvote 0
You won't see a fix since its not broken. It functions the way we intended it to work, which has been said many times before.
I hope you guys consider making 3D voices optional for the next update (if ever). Maybe i'm biased but what harm can it do to have players decide for themselves how they want to hear voice commands?

To be honest i can't believe you would rather;
- Hear the MG shout for ammo, open your map and search his icon (i think thats how you find him), turn towards it, close the map and run.

Instead of:
- Hear the MG call for ammo, turn towards the sound and run.

The first option having 3 more actions required.

Upvote 0
We'd all love it if you could up the frontal armor of the Pz III a bit, reduce the penetration on the T-60's 20mm (these two in relation to the 20mm gun's ability to get a frontal kill on the Pz III) and reduce the number of deflections at close range/reduce deflection reliance on angle and increase reliance on armor thickness.

Upvote 0