• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

May Patch Changelog

Why, Why, Why?!?!

Why, Why, Why?!?!

You won't see a fix since its not broken. It functions the way we intended it to work, which has been said many times before.

I never said it was broken. I just can't possibly understand the reasons for not making it 3D for both teams... I appreciate the other changes, but the 3D sound was the thing I really hoped for...

On the lack of 3D sound for friendly voice coms. I would think the reason for this is you would loose coordination with your team. If you have 3D sound, you wouldn't hear what your teammate was saying when you're across the map (which admitadly is more realistic, but bad for gameplay). So it's either one or the other, and TW decided that gameplay would be the way to go.

I'm thinking completely the opposite. I think 3D sound will actually IMPROVE on gameplay. You will have 3D sounds for both sides, BUT also keep the text as it is today. This means you wouldn't hear a guy shouting. "GRANATE!!!" on the other side of the map, but you could still READ what he said, and possibly where he said it. This way it wouldn't destroy gameplay, but you'll get a nice addition of atmosphere, realism and a chance that the words people shout out actually mean something when in combat. To be constantly hearing the screams and shouts is just annoying...

Upvote 0
I never said it was broken. I just can't possibly understand the reasons for not making it 3D for both teams... I appreciate the other changes, but the 3D sound was the thing I really hoped for...

I'm thinking completely the opposite. I think 3D sound will actually IMPROVE on gameplay. You will have 3D sounds for both sides, BUT also keep the text as it is today. This means you wouldn't hear a guy shouting. "GRANATE!!!" on the other side of the map, but you could still READ what he said, and possibly where he said it. This way it wouldn't destroy gameplay, but you'll get a nice addition of atmosphere, realism and a chance that the words people shout out actually mean something when in combat. To be constantly hearing the screams and shouts is just annoying...
Me agrees once again!!! ;)
But the thing is that I can atleast hear that SOMEONE is shouting... If I (as it is now) can hear (as an allied soldier) a german solder shout far away at the same time as artillery and grenade explosions appear around me, it WILL WORK! And it will not destroy gameplay. It never did in the mod days.

So still, I dont know why...

Upvote 0
-Reinforcement count is now adjusted based on the MaxPlayers server setting. This will fix the problem with reinforcements running out too soon on higher player count servers, and will allow reinforcements to run out properly on lower player count server.

this concerns me a bit? can this option be turned off yes or no? or do all the clans who play this game on a competative way need to buy a server with the same amout of player slots??

Upvote 0
-Reinforcement count is now adjusted based on the MaxPlayers server setting. This will fix the problem with reinforcements running out too soon on higher player count servers, and will allow reinforcements to run out properly on lower player count server.

this concerns me a bit? can this option be turned off yes or no? or do all the clans who play this game on a competative way need to buy a server with the same amout of player slots??

well you need to set it at thesame amount of slots, which is the actual problem indeed for some since they cant change their slot amount. Although i dont exactly know how it is for different clanserver companies, i couldn't make the slots lower than 64 players for a while over there, but after a complaint i could, so they might have changed their check program there unless they only changed something on my side. But gameservers is not the only company.

It just would be nice if a matchserver could basically be completely run without the need of an admin being on, changing the slots of the server before start, setting up all spectator modes, change the tk modes, then when ingame once both teams are ready typing the roundreset command in the commandline. Things are not undoable, they are just a really big hassle.

Best would be a setting that automatically checks at the start or something of the match (the split second before the first spawn) and bases reinforcement on that. Lower reinf can be a nice thing and but all games must play thesame atleast which cant be archieved possibly now.

Stalingradkessel on a 16 player server (aka 50% reinf) vs Stalingradkessel on a 64 player server (aka 200% reinf) and both being 8v8 will play completely different, which is something that shouldn't happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You won't see a fix since its not broken. It functions the way we intended it to work, which has been said many times before.
Nearly every player seems to disagree. There have been several threads in the suggestion forum, and I haven't seen any answered. Other than that though, I came in my pants reading this update. Seriously, you guys actually fix a crapload of things that needed and then add a metric assload of things that should be added. This is great :D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

To be honest it was a huge problem in the mod. Half the time somebody would say incoming, and you would not hear it because he was a sniper back behind the front line where there was no combat. Another problem with 3D Voice coms is they tend to make people use the feature less than they would normaly. In the mod almost nobody used the voice com because it was useless over long distances. IE you could only hear it if you were 10 feet away from the person who said it, even if it was a shouting voice chat messige the game stoped it from travleing farther than 10 feet. You would of never heard it if your say 200 meters away in a tank.

I know this was a neat feature in the mod but for gameplay it sucked because you had not control over the distance you can hear sound. It was nothing like in real life where if sombody were to shout: ARTY! GET DOWN! you could hear it for at least 600 meters if they had a good breath before hand. I'm agenst your push for this feature because it's just not possable with the current codeing in the game right now. They would have to rip out the sound code and reenter every line and it would take years to get it to work right. Even games like WW2 Online don't have the sound over distance thing sourted out yet.

Upvote 0
To be honest it was a huge problem in the mod. Half the time somebody would say incoming, and you would not hear it because he was a sniper back behind the front line where there was no combat. Another problem with 3D Voice coms is they tend to make people use the feature less than they would normaly. In the mod almost nobody used the voice com because it was useless over long distances. IE you could only hear it if you were 10 feet away from the person who said it, even if it was a shouting voice chat messige the game stoped it from travleing farther than 10 feet. You would of never heard it if your say 200 meters away in a tank.

I know this was a neat feature in the mod but for gameplay it sucked because you had not control over the distance you can hear sound. It was nothing like in real life where if sombody were to shout: ARTY! GET DOWN! you could hear it for at least 600 meters if they had a good breath before hand. I'm agenst your push for this feature because it's just not possable with the current codeing in the game right now. They would have to rip out the sound code and reenter every line and it would take years to get it to work right. Even games like WW2 Online don't have the sound over distance thing sourted out yet.
Strange... Cause it works now!!! But just for hearing the enemies. So come again... If an enemy shouts or even say one word at 600 meters, his head is mine, cause I have a very good hearing. ;)
For having it to you own team, it would be even better than it is now.
I still haven't heard a logic answer. You can keep cming with your stupied answers, 'til you realize, its the best thing to... 1st thins about getting it back, is that maybe 80% of the fan base will stop moaning about this. And I have done that a long time. And I'm not giving it up.

Upvote 0
Some very good changes and fixes, indeed. However I am disappointed to see that there is still no fix for the nade bug that has existed since the MOD where under certain conditions the grenade explodes right on you rather than where you threw it.

yup it looks like there is going to be disapointment for many that are waiting mainly for correcting of actual bugs instead of adding new features...

Upvote 0
Thanks TW, the changelog looks good, but where are teh f*cking laz0rz???

To the 8800 folks. First, it doesn't matter what the Hangar is rendering as, it's still buggy as hell for us 8800 users. It seems that TW could possibly look into it more in depth, however it's not so much their responsibility as it is Nvidia's to make decent drivers. My 8800 problems went away completely when I installed Vista, the only problem with that is the asshats at Microsoft made it so the most popular soundcards around don't function properly with it. So, in six months when Vista starts working better just make the switch and no more stuttering.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I haven't been to the forums in like 6 months, but things still seem to be the same. I tried playing a frew games...this still has some of the major bugs it had on release way back in March of *last* year. Others in the "old crowd," me included, have been whining about the grenade bug and tank armor wonkiness for over a year now. Being able to pickup ammunition still seems to be a random affair: sometimes you can, other times you can't. Movement is still jerky, lag issues abound on many maps with more than 24 players, etc.

I see a lot of new names in the forms now, and funny enough, a lot of threads about suggestions and corrections to historical data/bugs which are "new" but in fact been stated repeatedly already for a year now. I really think people that slammed those of us in the early days need to eat some serious crow...the major bugs that make this game irritating and off putting to so many were never really addressed. Over a year on, this game did not explode into the gaming world like you predicted, it is growing increasingly stale and now only by the works of modders is it even offering anything new.

Adding new features is great, but now these features aren't even being made by the devs. Everyone is excited about the BT-7, tank riders, the AT guns, and new uniforms, which are all done by community members. Same with the other mods, adding such things as the RPG-40 grenade, which the devs could have had way back at release if they had listened to suggestions, instead we got fake satchel charges and for months overpowered grenades that could kill a JS tank...but hey the Romanian mod is coming out so it's all good. Same with the other new weapons like Zb-30.

Basic point: I left these forums in disgust for months over the ridiculous behavior transpiring over the "Free Booster Pack" joke, and now come back to find a bunch of hard community work being put under the Tripwire moniker and called a "patch." Every new weapon, every new addition, is a community project. The official maps don't even support the new content. When are you people going to wake up?

And bug fixes are suppossed to get us horny? You know, having a large list of bug fixes is inded something to be proud of....near release time. Having a huge list of fixes over a year after release only shows the game had that many more bugs and took the devs that long to sort things out. But, it's not as if any community members predicted this would be how the support for this game went on was it?

I'm going away for another six months, call me if anything changes, who knows, maybe 2 years post-release the Tiger can finally kill a T-34 at 100 yards with a shot to the rear without "bouncing off", or I can actually pick up spare ammunition on the ground without having to slame the Z key 30 million times only to watch it disappear.

Upvote 0
And the fight goes on...

And the fight goes on...

To be honest it was a huge problem in the mod. Half the time somebody would say incoming, and you would not hear it because he was a sniper back behind the front line where there was no combat.
Huge problem? I think it was how it should be. You could read what friendlies said if they were too far away. As it is now, there is a booming voice inside you telling you about things going on in places you have no clue where is. Is that good use of 3D sound?

Another problem with 3D Voice coms is they tend to make people use the feature less than they would normaly.
So it feels better to yell "Grenade!" into all friendly soldiers' heads?

In the mod almost nobody used the voice com because it was useless over long distances.
You could read what the "distancers" said about stuff...

IE you could only hear it if you were 10 feet away from the person who said it, even if it was a shouting voice chat messige the game stoped it from travleing farther than 10 feet. You would of never heard it if your say 200 meters away in a tank.
Seems to work fine now... as long as you're listening to the enemy.

I know this was a neat feature in the mod but for gameplay it sucked because you had not control over the distance you can hear sound.
As for choosing distance: In the mod you could also whisper.
Another thing: Deciding the common distance of the shouts can be done by the programmers IF it, in theory, is too short.

It was nothing like in real life where if sombody were to shout: ARTY! GET DOWN! you could hear it for at least 600 meters if they had a good breath before hand.
A good point, although minor one. The point here is that people should get the option to influence their imidiate surroundings through 3D sound. Maybe adding a "super yell" (or many other degrees of yelling) is out of the question because of coding issues, but I can live with that. It's not what I'm pushing for.

I'm agenst your push for this feature because it's just not possable with the current codeing in the game right now. They would have to rip out the sound code and reenter every line and it would take years to get it to work right. Even games like WW2 Online don't have the sound over distance thing sourted out yet.
Well, the push is for the ability to influence one's local area through 3D sound (making sound a complete part of the game). As it stands now, it works half-way...

Upvote 0

Now it's only use is shouting "I will kill you!", "*insult*" anyway. There's no use in shouting the others. As an old fellow I can say that old voice comms used much more than now.

Upvote 0
well you need to set it at thesame amount of slots, which is the actual problem indeed for some since they cant change their slot amount. Although i dont exactly know how it is for different clanserver companies, i couldn't make the slots lower than 64 players for a while over there, but after a complaint i could, so they might have changed their check program there unless they only changed something on my side. But gameservers is not the only company.

It just would be nice if a matchserver could basically be completely run without the need of an admin being on, changing the slots of the server before start, setting up all spectator modes, change the tk modes, then when ingame once both teams are ready typing the roundreset command in the commandline. Things are not undoable, they are just a really big hassle.

Best would be a setting that automatically checks at the start or something of the match (the split second before the first spawn) and bases reinforcement on that. Lower reinf can be a nice thing and but all games must play thesame atleast which cant be archieved possibly now.

Stalingradkessel on a 16 player server (aka 50% reinf) vs Stalingradkessel on a 64 player server (aka 200% reinf) and both being 8v8 will play completely different, which is something that shouldn't happen.

indeed that what i mean.. so I hope they are going to make it some kind of setable option.. so this can be turned of at clanmatches and the default settings count for that map

Upvote 0
Ok, I play commander allot and the 3d voice changes that some of you people want would greatly diminish his roll. How many read the message line without hearing the voice order? Also people saying things like grenade I have never been help by someone doing this, by time he gets the voice out were all dead anyway or we saw the grenade our self’s. Now if the commands could be none 3D and the action and alerts could be 3D that would be the best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0