• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make the LAW a superweapon

Make the LAW a superweapon

• Lolyes

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Lolno

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
The only way I see to compensate this, is increasing its weight to 14 (no pipes) and significantly reduce amount of rockets (to 6-10).

Of course. I am suggesting that a few more negative points be added to the LAW if it's going to be a superweapon, I already put forwards the suggestion about spare rockets. Though the inability to carry the pipes is a good idea... but wouldn't the cost of the LAW prevent the possibility of someone having pipes with the LAW in the first place? If something like a 1 KG pistol is included someday, it'd be a shame to rule that out, as well as the machete.

But it would be too damn boring for demo (making only a couple of shots per wave) and for other teammates too (no more FP fighting). So - nope.
Yeeaaah, you must've skipped past the bit where getting the LAW would be a team decision as it'd be near-impossible for a player to obtain it on their own. And fun/boredom is subjective. A lot of people find the idea of getting a little moment where you can one-shot things for a short while very, very fun. Some don't. Plus, with the LAW being more of a team decision with its price, it'd be hard for anyone to be unwillingly pulled into what they consider "boring".

As for those saying that it'll overpower the demo, I'm 99% sure that I've mentioned or implied that the LAW should be taken off-perk.

Upvote 0
Good thread.

I'd like to see 2-LAW kills FP instead of 1. (OK, I am eager to see 2-sniperrifle headshot kill FP too.) No change on weight so that he can choose EITHER machete OR pipes. ONLY 1 of them.

I'll bring info from the pro demo this time.

"A demo with GLs is a grenadier. He is great at killing trash AND FP. He is great at killing but bad at defencing line."
"A LAW demo is a guardian unit. 1 LAW rockets can drill a hole and forceably clear an area, along with stunning SCs. Don't use LAW as a DPS weapon."

That's the truly terrible explosive power of a LAW. 2-shot kill 6-men FP is good.

Upvote 0
Also, if there IS one thing that could ever 1-headshot a 6-men hoe FP, it should be the anti-material sniper rifle. (Such as M99 Barrett)
(The mission of a M99 sniper is very narrow, take out FP and SC with M99 and leave/9mm other zeds.)

M99 has lots of disadvantages for balancing it. It costs $1200 which means an AA12.
M99 has a helluva lot of recoil, and pathetic reloading. This means- if you missed, you won't be able to fire another round.

Ordinary sniper rifle may work, but may as well take 2 headshots.
Trying to nail FP with M14(or other semi-auto sniper rifle) take 10 headshots. That's good.

Upvote 0
It seems to me to make the LAW a more viable weapon; and in doing so makes it more historically accurate.

Also this thread and idea gets this:

srope.png

Upvote 0
Also this thread and idea gets this:
srope.png

You are gonna need more rope. remember there are several people here agreeing with this. I for one do not. the reason the LAW should not be buffed is the same reason the crossbow was nerfed. NOTHING SHOULD BE ABLE TO ONE SHOT THE SECOND TOUGHEST THING IN THE GAME. 2 rockets and a scattering of 9mm rounds has always done me well enough, and if that's too much to ask, cower behind some pipe bombs. The crossbow was nerfed, it isnt a god weapon anymore, you dont need to make comparisons to it being like that now. I was using the LAW before it was cool, this doesnt need to be given any buffs, if someone make a mut for you you will understand VERY quickly how boring the game would get.

Upvote 0