• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

Well, thanks to Beeeeees' immense help and patience, my server is now running the eponymous WTF mutator flawlessly. It was, in fact, the missing 2K4Menus.utx file.

(Beeeeees simply linked me a copy. I didn't know until I just read through the subsequent replies that a copy resides in my local texture directory)

Regardless, the server is up and running. If anybody would like to experience the pure joy of this mutator, the server name is:
|DN|-Server WTF Mutator

Thanks Beeeeees, and enjoy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Katana: a weapon of speed, grace...and brutality. In the hands of an adrenaline-fueled berserker, it is a deadly weapon who's design enables almost unbelievable feats of strength and agility. Enemies torn limb from limb, decapitated, and maimed: a thousand cuts, in the blink of an eye.

Here's a sneak peak at some new dimensions for the Katana. These changes are Berserker-only.

• Unlike the Chainsaw or Fire Axe, using Ironsights on the Katana unleashes a torrent of adrenaline and sends you into ZEDTime on-demand, but you pay a price in health for exceeding your limits, and it can only be done once every minute or two (haven't settled completely here yet).
    • You can't go nuts during Trader time
    • You'll get some sort of visual indicator of required rest-time before you can go BERSERK! again. Right now it's a simple, small countdown near the top-mid of the screen.
  • Anytime you enter ZED Time with the Katana at the ready, your movement and attack speed with the Katana both go through the roof until ZED Time runs out.
YouTube - Flash of the Blade

Feedback welcomed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zerotick
Upvote 0
Well, thanks to Beeeeees' immense help and patience, my server is now running the eponymous WTF mutator flawlessly. It was, in fact, the missing 2K4Menus.utx file.

(Beeeeees simply linked me a copy. I didn't know until I just read through the subsequent replies that a copy resides in my local texture directory)

Regardless, the server is up and running. If anybody would like to experience the pure joy of this mutator, the server name is:

Thanks Beeeeees, and enjoy!
I searched high and low for your server mate, I only found Your DN Hard And Long Server. Could you add me on steam mate? :p http://steamcommunity.com/id/CamoNeko

Upvote 0
Hmmmm. I believe that losing 10 HP is too little. Since self-healing is about 20, you can get that 10 hp back easily plus 10 more for any additional damage that you may have gained. Also, maybe you can do it as damage over time, instead of a flat reduction in health. So every second you're in ZED-time, you lose about 3-4 HP.

And do you have control over how long ZED-Time last or once activated, you stay in ZED-Time until time runs out?

Upvote 0
I absolutely love this mut and I think it is the savior of KF. Makes KF into a whole new game. I do have 2 suggestions.

The first is the damage done by the m79. The weapon is devastating which is cool until someone realizes that any perk, save firebug, can just continually spam the m79 into a hallway and pretty much control that hallway.

The other is perk selection. Sometimes perk selection in the trader area doesn't work. As cool as the perk poker is, it is difficult at best to use. It almost never cycles at the beginning of the game. It is a huge rush in the beginning. For me, it always selects the first perk then changes weapons so I've learned to hurry and alt-fire. But it seems to be an unnecessary hurdle to select a perk. Tap the '5' key until the perk poker shows and then either attack or alt-fire, then select, then confirm. All in the first 5 seconds. And it is difficult to explain to a new player to the mut how to select a perk. Any way to maybe add an easier or faster perk selection method at the beginning of a game?

Oh, and absolutely love super auto on the bulldog and ak48. :)

And adding the 5% chance for super damage to the rocket was a genius was to bring it back into the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The other is perk selection. Sometimes perk selection in the trader area doesn't work. As cool as the perk poker is, it is difficult at best to use. It almost never cycles at the beginning of the game. It is a huge rush in the beginning. For me, it always selects the first perk then changes weapons so I've learned to hurry and alt-fire. But it seems to be an unnecessary hurdle to select a perk. Tap the '5' key until the perk poker shows and then either attack or alt-fire, then select, then confirm. All in the first 5 seconds. And it is difficult to explain to a new player to the mut how to select a perk. Any way to maybe add an easier or faster perk selection method at the beginning of a game?

This was something else I wanted to inquire about. It's a bit rushed to run through the various steps of selecting a perk at the start of a game. Is it possible to require a new player to select a perk before they can join the game? Locate this menu in between selecting "Ready" and actually popping into the game?

Upvote 0
This was something else I wanted to inquire about. It's a bit rushed to run through the various steps of selecting a perk at the start of a game. Is it possible to require a new player to select a perk before they can join the game? Locate this menu in between selecting "Ready" and actually popping into the game?
Only if said player is drunk. and btw, just played it and LOVED it Very nice, can't wait for the Zerks update.

Upvote 0
Is this WTF mut even working? I cannot find a single server that runs this mutator. If it is working I would like to know what to do to get it working on my server.
yeah i had trouble, use Fluffys server in order to add it do the following
click "Favorites" then Right-Click any empty space in your favorites. then Click "Add to Favorites" Then paste this code in
68.232.166.13:7707
then select "okay"

TL;Dr go to favorites, add a favorite, enter 68.232.166.13:7707

Upvote 0
It's funny how u give credit to me for the SA80 sniper rifle even though it was clearly made by Alex James Quick or Alex_KF who made the KFMod. The SA80 is based off of the bullpup from killing floor 1.0. I simply ported to retail KF with the help of Dextronaut, he also gave it a harder firing sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0