• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-OldCity

Deleted member 24443

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2010
Germany
So here it is... Version 1.1 \o/

Download KF-OldCity (ModDB)
Download KF-OldCity (Steam Workshop)

Old City is a medium sized map with a London setting with Steampunk influences. Like previous releases, the layout is a serious of streets, alleys and indoor sceneries with multiple floors and defendable positions. Spread out across the map are also four trader locations for your support.

There's some more bugfixes compared to preview versions, most notably the ambulance car fix, but also the river inclusion and more. You can see the full changelist in the readme file.

I tried to keep the map as optimized as possible, however, due to the highly detailed outdoor zone, there may be slight fps drops with older computers. Even with cull distances, distance fog and antiportal options (which won't help here due to the large amount of inmap bsp), I couldn't get rid of it entirely... This is also the main reason why there aren't more emitters and foliage - aside my laziness... :p

Long text, short story: Have fun! :)

Screenshots:

Spoiler!

€ It is necessary to redownload the map since I deleted all beta versions from the workshop. Once the workshop problems are fixed, I'll reupload it there as well.

Last edited:
It's there. The fog is there. It's just a lot thinner than in most of the standard maps. Had it so because I didn't like skyscrapers throwing ugly shadows in the skybox, and this way, it actually looks good. The fog is really thick in the warehouse indoor area, though.
As for details, I just couldn't add so many more because of the technical issues that come with such a large, detailed outdoor area. If I added more, the framerates would have taken a considerable drop. I already experienced such a drop in beta status (and my computer is in the good mid range of today's computers), so it's basically a trade-off between engine capabilities and looks. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am in contact with TWI. The workshop does not recognize that there is a newer version than the one you may have on your computer. This may be due to the mapname not being changed. TWI is looking into the problem right now, but for you, simply uncheck the map in the workshop and subscribe again to have it working.
The only file that has been changed is the mapfile itself and you will currently only get it through the workshop.

Upvote 0