• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation KF New Specimen : The Brute (under construction)

One more question for you J.D.*, if i want to find some tutorials for editing the Game that is based on Unreal Engine 2.5, without any logic sense i should write 3.0 ? Rly ?.
And if the game is based on Unreal 3.0 Engine like UT3, i should write in search Unreal Editor 3.5 Tutorials ?
ARh RLY ?
LOL someone get this kid out of here he clearly has no idea what he is doing

Upvote 0
The model is coming along nicely, well done. However all I see are kinda vague notions of how this guy will work in game. What will he do that will make him unique, how will he challenge players?

I've been thinking the game needs some sort of formation-breaker to make things a bit more difficult, so players can't just let guys funnel through a door. I think this guy could be modified to fit that niche: make everything that faces forward heavily armored, but make his back side his weak spot. Players will then have to move behind this guy to kill him or just waste a ton of ammo trying to kill him from the front.

Upvote 0
http://www.youtube.com/user/WPCWolfPackClan?feature=mhum

Here is the model with the FP animations on it. Its ready to rock. Were going to make a mut with it and set it up for some ingame carnage.

Whats the goal of the specimen, you ask? It will form a wall between the Clots and players in early waves. It will not cause much damage to players, but it will be harder for us to just simply headshot every Clot out there since the Brute will take much of the damage. (and he can only be headshotted from the back since he has his iron plated hands in front of his face like a boxer). He will have a few attacks that mainly throw players out of the group there in, and form pockets of weak spots in the players barracade's were the Clot swarm can move in.

Thats the main idea. And now comes some hard coding to get this baby allong side of your fav specimens, lol. Fingers crossed. First step will be simply taking the FP animations and building the skills of the specimen arround that. We also need some advice on getting the skin into the unreal engine, so any help will be appreaciated.

After that we will simply update the character with new animations on our servers, untill its completed.

Upvote 0
http://www.youtube.com/user/WPCWolfPackClan?feature=mhum

Here is the model with the FP animations on it. Its ready to rock. Were going to make a mut with it and set it up for some ingame carnage.

Whats the goal of the specimen, you ask? It will form a wall between the Clots and players in early waves. It will not cause much damage to players, but it will be harder for us to just simply headshot every Clot out there since the Brute will take much of the damage. (and he can only be headshotted from the back since he has his iron plated hands in front of his face like a boxer). He will have a few attacks that mainly throw players out of the group there in, and form pockets of weak spots in the players barracade's were the Clot swarm can move in.

Thats the main idea. And now comes some hard coding to get this baby allong side of your fav specimens, lol. Fingers crossed. First step will be simply taking the FP animations and building the skills of the specimen arround that. We also need some advice on getting the skin into the unreal engine, so any help will be appreaciated.

That sounds terrific! The game was in need of a zed that couldn't easily be killed with a head shot. Good luck with getting it into the unreal engine .

Upvote 0
Looks great on the FP rig. His smile is priceless haha. Couple personal opinions, Im not to keen on the metal around his eye, his pretty white teeth should be bloodied up to match his mouth and he needs some pants lol.

Cant wait for the mut.

Yea, its a lose/lose situation so I gave up on it.

Upvote 0

Yomo, please direct any flamin towards me, I started this!! or please try and keep this thread on topic before it derails any further.
I just tried to point out that if anyone searches on UT3, they will pointed towards the UDK and not the unreal engine this game uses.

Hemi

I sincerely apologise for the thread being turned upside down like this, I never expected it to go this far!

Back on topic, if you want sometime at the end of this week, to get me on Steam, we can go through the code and mut and get a playable version going?

Upvote 0
Yomo, please direct any flamin towards me, I started this!! or please try and keep this thread on topic before it derails any further.
Nothing aimed at you, you were 100% correct.
I'm just saying cleodj has no idea what he is talkin about.

I am planning on getting together with the OP in a voice chat sometime this weekend to give him more information on how to implement this into the game.

UE 2.5
Unreal Ed 3.0

Upvote 0
The PSK has been written, 0,0000 export errors. Whoohoo!

Dont worry about it braindead, these things sometimes happen. Its best to let them fade out. :)

I am very happy with the support were getting from you guys, we can really use it! Im doing some small updates on the model here and there, metal plating etc.

One problem still has us a bit confused... We need to get the textures in 1 map, using UVW-Unrap. Any tips? EDIT : Nevermind...3DS Max..sigh...Fixed it webley, ill have the texture for you tonight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The PSK has been written, 0,0000 export errors. Whoohoo!

Dont worry about it braindead, these things sometimes happen. Its best to let them fade out. :)

I am very happy with the support were getting from you guys, we can really use it! Im doing some small updates on the model here and there, metal plating etc.

One problem still has us a bit confused... We need to get the textures in 1 map, using UVW-Unrap. Any tips? EDIT : Nevermind...3DS Max..sigh...Fixed it webley, ill have the texture for you tonight.

i want to man hug you, you big bear

cant wait to speak to yommomansis in the weekend - what time roughly GMT? - what day? sundays arent good, and i think ill be away saturday

friday?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nothing aimed at you, you were 100% correct.
I'm just saying cleodj has no idea what he is talkin about.

I am planning on getting together with the OP in a voice chat sometime this weekend to give him more information on how to implement this into the game.

UE 2.5
Unreal Ed 3.0

Cool, no worries.

Can I join you this weekend? I have a few ideas that I want to bounce around that may help all of us especially when it comes to getting custom 3rd person animations in game :)

Upvote 0
Cool, no worries.

Can I join you this weekend? I have a few ideas that I want to bounce around that may help all of us especially when it comes to getting custom 3rd person animations in game :)

yes sure, why not?!

hemi i need to talk to you about the animation tonight by the way.

now im very busy this weekend due to Halloween parties cropping up - so Friday is best this weekend...

i wants to try have this meeting on friday cus on 9th december im moving country - so the project will go on hold if i cant finish it up before then - it will be postponed for about a month if i cant get this done before my move and then be online again

ive also got some private working going on which i need to finish before i leave.... :( gah

and then theres my day job....

i finish work 5:30pm GMT and will be online till late night - saturday ill prolly be leaving at around 5:30pm and will be unavailable from then for the rest of the weekend

im also available tonight after 5:30 gmt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool, no worries.

whats your steam name?

you available tonight?

you can get us in team speak tonight - which you can find via our website

add me on steam - my profile page - http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfpackclan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cant wait to speak to yommomansis in the weekend - what time roughly GMT? - what day? sundays arent good, and i think ill be away saturday

friday?
I live in the west side of the United states which is GMT -8
the only times I expecting to be available are over weekends, maybe late friday

if i had to maybe late mondays, late wednesdays

sorry but with school and work 5 days a week with 4 hour drive times per day i dont exactly have much freetime

Upvote 0
Properties for in the mutator and questions:

1] Which files do we need to adjust?

2] ADD a character to the existing ones. So copy an existing and adjust its properties.

3] Give it sertain animations of the FP. Not all!

4] Adjust damage it creates

5] Patriach punch-out, when its slamming we need to bounce players back or out of the group like the Patriach chest-sausage.(only not as damaging)

6] When does it enter the game? (wave 3 or 4)

7] Adjust bone references in the script

8] How to create a mutator?

I really want to stress this, cous we can hardly find any support on creating these mutators and are pretty much going about as headless chickens. We really want to add the Brute this week or maybe the next, but we pretty much can't do anything without some information on this mutator creation stuff. Can't someone post a start on editing these files, and making your own?

Upvote 0