• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-BioticsLab-UK

Looking good IJC guys. :)

My initial thoughts so far:

- Lighting needs to be "moodier" - I know you're still tweaking things.
- The Horzine floor texture seems excessive, it's everywhere. Not sure if it's feasible to mix it up a little? It just looks too repetitive. That or add some grunge here and there to break things up?

I like how you're going for an almost 1:1 remake. I recognise all the areas you've shown in the screenshots. Are you going to add any extra areas or are you being strict on the layout?

Overall, looks very nice so far. Keep at it. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

Offices is supposed to connect directly to Biolabs, why not combine the two into a single map? That would be something interesting and very different.

I tried this back in the KF1 times however there were some pathing problems and the gameplay got very slow. I did not spend too much time on it so this might be very possible now.
However we want to get this map 100% fionished before we start another project ;)

Looking good IJC guys. :)

My initial thoughts so far:

- Lighting needs to be "moodier" - I know you're still tweaking things.
- The Horzine floor texture seems excessive, it's everywhere. Not sure if it's feasible to mix it up a little? It just looks too repetitive. That or add some grunge here and there to break things up?

I like how you're going for an almost 1:1 remake. I recognise all the areas you've shown in the screenshots. Are you going to add any extra areas or are you being strict on the layout?

Overall, looks very nice so far. Keep at it. :D

Actually these are good ideas.
Yeah we are still optimizing the light to get it into the direction you suggested. Atm many lights which are destroyed in the old labs are now enabled due to KF2 destructable lights. Its actually quite hard to find a spot betweent good initial lightning and how the map looks after all the destructable lights are destroyed.
Concerning the floor: For the beta version we will release the map with this floor but it's no problem to change it during beta testing and add some "destroyed" or different areas of the floor.
We might also make an extended version of the map with more areas. Maybe even an elevator which connects the labs with some kind of entrance area or the first part of the offices (ideas are always welcome :))

It should not take too long till we release the first Beta version ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey,

Here are some new screens of the new versions. Let us know what you thing about it!

Changes:
+ Collision added for walls and floors
+ New lightning
+ Emitters & fog added
+ 3rd Floor added
+ Doors added
+ Performance optimisation
+ Staircase added
+ Spawn volumes added

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey,

We would like to release a Closed Beta today for 5-10 players. The goal of this beta is to find major bugs and errors. If the beta goes really well we consider releasing the final version this week.

Please keep in mind that everyone who wants to join the Closed Beta should really give us feedback. Therefore we are searching for player who already have a lot of experience in KF2. So leave us a post with your game hours in KF2 (or also even KF1) here and we will update you with the results by tonight!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey,

We would like to release a Closed Beta today for 5-10 players. The goal of this beta is to find major bugs and errors. If the beta goes really well we consider releasing the final version this week.

Please keep in mind that everyone who wants to join the Closed Beta should really give us feedback. Therefore we are searching for player who already have a lot of experience in KF2. So leave us a post with your game hours in KF2 (or also even KF1) here and we will update you with the results by tonight!

Thanks!

I am not sure why hours matter in this case though? That does not define the actual experience one has with the game.
I often try to find bugs to report in any game I am playing.

I am interested, but who would not be with a map looking this good? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0