• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server I'm having packetloss problems after the patch

We have been investigating this and so far can find no consistent issues. We also had some strange lag issues right after the patch on our test server (hosted by gameservers). The player's pings were fine, but there was major lag and packetloss. Then the very next day we tested it for a couple of hours, with no issues. My initial thought is that either there was something going on within the Gameservers network, or some Steam related issue that was causing this hiccup. The rest of the issues mentioned here appear to be standard server overloading (too many players for the CPU on your server). We're watching this closely to see if there is indeed a new problem, or just some anomalous network issues right after the release. We'll keep you posted.

Upvote 0
Well from all im reading in these forums lots and lots of servers are now being reported as lagging intermittently.

Whilst some may be due to overloaded CPU's others are most definately not.

It would be most helpful to all RO admins if Tripwire could inform us all of a mimimum server spec for a 32 player server.
This would at least help us to eliminate our own servers with regards to overload or help us to better configure for the correct amount of players on our servers.

This would then give the TW Devs a better picture of what exactly is happening instead of as has been suggested admins reporting lag issues with the patch when it is in fact their own server causing the problem.

Upvote 0
i thought i read a comment from ramm about a minimum of 3Ghz for RO-server with 32 players, but i think this is not enough.

our last root with a amd x2-3800, 2gb was good enough, but had on some maps like barashka problems with 32 players.

now we got a conroe2 6600, 4mb cache, 2 gb ram and it performs very well. on maps like krasnyi, kessel or koenigsplatz i saw no higher cpu-usage than 50% for 32 players. (cpu-usage for 1 core, in total = both cores 50% of this 50%)

so it cannot be the machine, which produces the lag-spikes. as i mentioned before the cpu-usage increases from about 40% to 80-90% in the moments of lagspike without recognizable reason.

ill test it abit more, perhaps i can find a event in the logfile.

Upvote 0
Well from all im reading in these forums lots and lots of servers are now being reported as lagging intermittently.

Whilst some may be due to overloaded CPU's others are most definately not.

It would be most helpful to all RO admins if Tripwire could inform us all of a mimimum server spec for a 32 player server.
This would at least help us to eliminate our own servers with regards to overload or help us to better configure for the correct amount of players on our servers.

This would then give the TW Devs a better picture of what exactly is happening instead of as has been suggested admins reporting lag issues with the patch when it is in fact their own server causing the problem.

Butch, it simply is not happening to us.. I'm not saying we are in possesion of a miracle or are superior Techs.... just that we're not seeing any of these "lag spikes". You've been on our server recently, did you see any?

Upvote 0
Well Im with multiplay and since day one we have had the same box and it always runs 32 player inf/tanks without any packetloss. But on Basovka the other day we had a 5-10 second warp fest and then suddenly it dropped back to normal with exactly the same number of players on. Defo summit in the patch causing a few seconds of increased cpu usage. Seems to be across most maps and nothing specific causes it unfortunately. I even had a huge lag spike at the mapvoting stage (ie text not responding)

Upvote 0