• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Consensus on what the Content Patch will mean for the Sharp

So you're saying the M14 needs nerfing more than a weapon that can kill the second-toughest enemy in the game with one shot? I... think we have different opinions on what's overpowered, here.
You can't take on a complete 6 man wave alone and still have more than 50% ammo left with nothing but the crossbow now, can you.

Am I a troll just because I disagree? No one in the circle of people that I regularly play with, or on the servers that I casually play on, ever breaks out the M14. It's always all about the crossbow because it's a secure one-shot on the big boys. I almost never see the M14 in use, and if I have, I must not have really noticed it, meaning that it can't be THAT ridiculously broken.
Play with people who know where the center of the screen is then.
Or better yet, learn where the center of the screen is yourself and see what the m14 is capable of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can't take on a complete 6 man wave alone and still have more than 50% ammo left with nothing but the crossbow now, can you.

Play with people who know where the center of the screen is then.
Or better yet, learn where the center of the screen is yourself and see what the m14 is capable of.

The m14 is broken altogether, while the xbow really just has its price broken.

The EBR is the devourer of threads.

But I do have one more story to tell here.

I once met a lvl6 SS who only ever played SS (all else lvl0, no damage), and only used the M14 (which was usually bought using team cash). He shot all other SS weapons, even the xbow, just like an m14, and usuallyt sold them for m14s. He was ever so annoying and often bragged about his being atop the kill scores, as a way to verify his self-worth.

And if that didnt scare you enough, a while back on the steam forums, I saw a rage thread against SS who acted like snipers, insisting that the m14 was meant to be like that and that any SS not on the frontlines and with the most kills is a coward and a noob who should be kicked.

If that doesnt give you nightmares, what will? (aside Hatemes lightsout maps)?

Upvote 0
The m14 is broken altogether, while the xbow really just has its price broken.

The EBR is the devourer of threads.

But I do have one more story to tell here.

I once met a lvl6 SS who only ever played SS (all else lvl0, no damage), and only used the M14 (which was usually bought using team cash). He shot all other SS weapons, even the xbow, just like an m14, and usuallyt sold them for m14s. He was ever so annoying and often bragged about his being atop the kill scores, as a way to verify his self-worth.

And if that didnt scare you enough, a while back on the steam forums, I saw a rage thread against SS who acted like snipers, insisting that the m14 was meant to be like that and that any SS not on the frontlines and with the most kills is a coward and a noob who should be kicked.

If that doesnt give you nightmares, what will? (aside Hatemes lightsout maps)?
Lol. I would have went demo and stole all of his kills until he rage quit.

Upvote 0
Lol. I would have went demo and stole all of his kills until he rage quit.

Me? With 15.5 million damage of demo? Why would you say that?:rolleyes:

Because that is pretty much whats on the mark with what I did.

However, it eerily reminds me of the time I had 2 lvl3 demomen stalking me and my kills.....

Upvote 0
Me? With 15.5 million damage of demo? Why would you say that?:rolleyes:

Because that is pretty much whats on the mark with what I did.

However, it eerily reminds me of the time I had 2 lvl3 demomen stalking me and my kills.....
Demo is really like a chain. One person goes demo and steals everyone's kills. Then people get sick of that person and go demo themselves until there's smoke everywhere, nobody can get kills unless they waste nades on single clots/crawlers, or people just start blowing up since demo is pretty hard to use if you have no experience with it.

Upvote 0
So you're saying the M14 needs nerfing more than a weapon that can kill the second-toughest enemy in the game with one shot? I... think we have different opinions on what's overpowered, here.

Yes. You get 40 shots with the Xbow, more if you can pick them up.

The M14 gets about 300 shots, and with a high mag size and low recoil you can spam the entire mag into a scrake and or FP and kill it easily.

The laser sight detracts from the "sharpshooter" element of the weapon (if it had any) and instead makes it more like a buffed commando-style play.

The Xbow has one shot, one shot, to drop an FP in most situations before it kills a player. It takes skill to make these shots unless it's coming in a straight line at you.

The M14 excels in close range where the perk should be weakest, not strongest. With the M14 you can still carry dual HCs or a LAR as backup should you run out of ammo (unlikely) with the M14. This enhances the spammability of a spamshooter beyond just the M14.

With an M14, you have enough ammo to shoot everything twice on suicidal and still finish with a mag or three at the end.

If the recoil wasn't so ridiculously low for the magazine size and reload speed then it would be fine; the fact that the M14 has more ammo than the bullpup is just completely unrealistic.

It's like half a tonne of feathers weighing more than a tonne of bricks.

Upvote 0
If the recoil wasn't so ridiculously low for the magazine size and reload speed then it would be fine; the fact that the M14 has more ammo than the bullpup is just completely unrealistic.

I coulda swore the bulpup could carry 500 rounds while the EBR only could carry 300.

Although i agree with what you're saying, i still think the EBR has an insane amount of ammo for a sharpshooter weapon.

Upvote 0
I coulda swore the bulpup could carry 500 rounds while the EBR only could carry 300.

Although i agree with what you're saying, i still think the EBR has an insane amount of ammo for a sharpshooter weapon.

Oh, i kinda meant L22 with 9 mags and M14 with 14; 5.56 weighs less than 7.62 and the L22 IRL only has the standard STANAG 30 round mag. Realism was ignored here.

But good you got my point. The M14 currently requires little understanding and even less skill to play. The laser makes run 'n' gun playstyle (which belongs to commando/support) available to the perk intended to conserve its ammo and make it's shots count.

Upvote 0