• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamespy Interrogation Room on RO2:HoS

It sounds like the casual player is still extremely intimidated by RO2, just like the other foreign journalists we've heard about who recently demo'd the game.

Hopefully all the efforts TWI is putting in to make the game more accessible aren't wasted due to the inherently difficult nature of the game. I mean, we're still talking about realistic player movement, no crosshair, free aim, no insta-knife, one hit kills, and no regenerating health. Unlocks system or not, this game is probably going to be much more difficult than your average shooter. And I want it to be. It would just be a shame that casual gamers avoided trying it because of this, despite all the work TWI is clearly doing to find new audiences.

Upvote 0
People are indeed intimidated by RO2. Everyone thinks it's "HARDCORE REALISM TO THE MAX" but it's really not like that.

People are so used to games like Call of Duty and other various arcade shooters that it's the standard for today, good graphics, fast paced movement, and regenerated health. Anything less is hated upon, and anything more is feared by the casuals.

All these features that are rarely ever in games scare everyone, "Why can't I have a crosshair?!", "Why is my gun moving around my screen?". you never get those types of features in games, until now. I hope people can learn to adjust to games like RO2 and stop slaving to the money hording companies like EA and Activision, Ubisoft, etc.

The last good arcade shooter I saw with cross hairs, fast paced action, and ridiculous gore and vehicles was UT2004.

That game was my Hogwarts. And I hope RO2 will be my new one.

Reactions: SiC-Disaster
Upvote 0
And first step would be to welcome new players and show them around and not call them "Cod kiddis" :eek: .
So if i would be new to forums and would see all the posting for the last week i would get wrong idea about the game :(.
sorry for my bad english.
Don't forget some "Cod kiddis" might even become members of the forums loyal to the community a few months from now. Not all are beyond saving (I was a Cod Kiddie until 2007) :D

Upvote 0
I don't know if you want to already start labeling new comers with "name calling" like codkiddie's ... you might just push them away from these forums and even maybe the game, in the end only hurting the chance of growing the RO community.

One thing to keep in mind that a lot of clans/players come from what used to be more difficult/realistic games that were back in the day like COD1/RVS/R6 etc. (yes not as relistic as RO1 is but alot more then what cod is nowadays) and might welcome the thought of a new game that brings back realism.

I know I am... I've been following this title for a while now and can't wait for its release to get my clan involved in it. We come from Raven Shield Rainbow Six which used to be a lot more realistic then COD is now, however we had to change to newer FPS games since they drop support for old games and they just don't play on new hardware.

Everything looks awesome and I can't wait for skill to be reintegrated back into a PC FPS game.

Only thing I'm worried about now, is the competitive scene on how is it going to work for smaller scale leagues/tournaments like a 5v5/6v6 format since that's what cod/rvs and most FPS games out there have competition setup as.

I have heard about scalable maps to 8on8 which might work, but since I have not seen any reviews related to it or to the competitive scene, that's the only thing I have worries on.

Even with that, I will preorder the game, no matter how good/bad comp mode is in it. That's how much a "codkiddie" at almost 30years old is looking forward to a game that is bringing skill back into a PC game. :)

... oh and yes... I would love an invite to the main closed beta when that starts!!!! :D happy fraggin

Upvote 0
Besides a few comments along the lines of Marine Corps highschool dropouts, I thought it was a very positive and balanced review.

Yeah being a Marine (but getting my diploma), that little quip kinda pissed me off. Surely you need a college education to write video game reviews ;)

Upvote 0
Call me a n00b
But I never noticed any noticeable difference using AA on my rig
Other than a performance hit

Is it more noticeable on larger HD screens?

its noticeable for sure but you have to look closely. to see the difference turn it up full blast and then turn it off and look at the gun and arms and you can really see a difference not always a huge difference but you will notice it. :)

unless your blind. :D

Upvote 0
an okay review it didn't sound like 2 poeple who would even like the game reviewing its important when you reivew somthing using opinionated stances. you have to know what your talking about from the sound of it they didn't and it showed. to start with was they made a ton of assumptions pretty much all were false. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sounds like the casual player is still extremely intimidated by RO2, just like the other foreign journalists we've heard about who recently demo'd the game.

Its a bit silly, they say its hard but its one shot kills for everyone.

"point click *boom*" its just that they are on the other end of it.
It will be good when people learn that its a different skill set to some other games... its not that its harder.

TBH every review for multiplayer thats says its hard I just read as "other people are better at it than I am"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its a bit silly, they say its hard but its one shot kills for everyone.

"point click *boom*" its just that they are on the other end of it.

Not any longer with Bandages now available..You think you've taken the guy down and a minute later he pops behind a wall and nails you..It has brought another level of tension into the game..Did I get him or....:D

Upvote 0