Gamespy Interrogation Room on RO2:HoS

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rumo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 3, 2006
Vienna; Austria
Dere rattus!

Long time no see!
Hope we will play together again, maybe even as "O5" when there will be a tournament. :)

@topic: Thanks for the link, good read.
Hmmm...this part makes me wonder a little bit. Complete lack of AA?
"Blinding bloom"...so much for the hope, that it was the fault of the camera recording, that the hands were glowing. :)
"I noticed a few issues with blinding bloom, and a complete lack of anti-aliasing. While the bloom will no doubt be fixed, Unreal Engine 3 has issues with anti-aliasing, and it takes a smart developer to get it working. Let's hope the folks behind Red Orchestra 2 are Einsteins in that regard."

Last edited:

LeopoldStotch

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2009
Without wanting to sound like a negative nancy, I don't think I'll care much for the SP :rolleyes:

I'm just incredibly aroused by all MP footage.

EDIT: "a complete lack of anti-aliasing" has me worried. I hope that does not stay that way.

Last edited:

Dcode

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheffield, UK
Dere rattus!

Long time no see!
Hope we will play together again, maybe even as "O5" when there will be a tournament. :)

@topic: Thanks for the link, good read.
Hmmm...this part makes me wonder a little bit. Complete lack of AA?
"Blinding bloom"...so much for the hope, that it was the fault of the camera recording, that the hands were glowing. :)
"I noticed a few issues with blinding bloom, and a complete lack of anti-aliasing. While the bloom will no doubt be fixed, Unreal Engine 3 has issues with anti-aliasing, and it takes a smart developer to get it working. Let's hope the folks behind Red Orchestra 2 are Einsteins in that regard."

He was using a laptop the play the game on.

Besides AA works in UT3 & Mass Effect. There is also lots of AA applied in the RO 2 screenshots so I would not panic.

Norse Soldat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 2, 2011

Actin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
Netherlands
They even patch in DX11 later on, would be weird if they ignore AA.

Gonna watch the vid tonight, sounds like a nice objective piece of media.

LeopoldStotch

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2009
Just because AA was in screenshots does not necissarily mean it is also in the current build.

Press release screens are often made as shiny as possible and just as often simply static poses.

ButchCassidy

Feb 17, 2006
The Hole in the Wall
www.twbclan.com
A reasonable review if a little inaccurate in places..

The bloom in-game looks nothing like that from the cam nor can it be described "Blinding"..Seems to me that his grfx setting were a bit crappy on his machine.

But they seemed to have enjoyed their time playing and are looking forward to the games full release which in my opinion are the most important things.:D

hekuball

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2006
i like the way they talk about realism/one shot one kill fps games as some kind of weird, niche thing designed for a tiny community of mil-sim freaks.:rolleyes:

I never got how it ended up that war games should allow you to jump up and down like a kangaroo, fire rpg's like a six-shooter and take the kind of damage and yet live that would make Rocky proud.

On topic: a bizarre and incoherent review but i think it was, in the end, fairly positive...let's see if it mirrors how the average cod/bf player sees it on release.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiC-Disaster